For my 20 year old and 21 year old NTer's...you ever feel like life is moving a little too fast now?

yea man feels like yesterday i was six counting what year it would be when i turn 20 and daydreaming about college. i miss childhood but i love college
laugh.gif

yea man feels like yesterday i was six counting what year it would be when i turn 20 and daydreaming about college. i miss childhood but i love college
laugh.gif

im 20 , second year in college, well just finished my second year. its hits you after high school and once i started university there was so much independence its just life after high school, you feel the difference.

things definetly changed the past 2 years, its just you in the world now, trying to make it. high school is just a joke now looking back. but i like this, its a new phase in life, part of growing up and becoming

more independent, striving for what you want.

im 20 , second year in college, well just finished my second year. its hits you after high school and once i started university there was so much independence its just life after high school, you feel the difference.

things definetly changed the past 2 years, its just you in the world now, trying to make it. high school is just a joke now looking back. but i like this, its a new phase in life, part of growing up and becoming

more independent, striving for what you want.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

real talk sometimes i still think im really young but then i look at the calendar its 2011 and i was born in 91 and im like WTH!?
the worst is when you go to nbadraft.net and you see the top 5 projected picks are younger than you 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I just turned 22 and i've been feeling the exact same way for the past 2-3 years 
eek.gif
mad.gif
 just knowing that dudes that are same age and were in high school the same time as yourself now ballin in the NBA. On a related note, it's just trippy for me and sorta depressing seeing guys like Derrick Rose (he was high school class of 07 like me) doing their thing and living the dream while I'm still in college and not knowing exactly what the future holds for me
ohwell.gif

The same goes for this upcoming NFL draft. A lot of these dudes coming out were born the same year as me 
ohwell.gif
. I'm starting to come across the revelation that you know you are officially getting old when there's professional athletes (with exception to pro golf and tennis athletes b/c I know there's always teens that are playing but it doesn't relate to me since I don't follow those sports) that are younger than you. Just a weird feeling b/c your whole life up until your early 20's, all the pro athletes you've watched and followed were significantly older than you but it's not the case anymore.  

real talk sometimes i still think im really young but then i look at the calendar its 2011 and i was born in 91 and im like WTH!?
the worst is when you go to nbadraft.net and you see the top 5 projected picks are younger than you 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I just turned 22 and i've been feeling the exact same way for the past 2-3 years 
eek.gif
mad.gif
 just knowing that dudes that are same age and were in high school the same time as yourself now ballin in the NBA. On a related note, it's just trippy for me and sorta depressing seeing guys like Derrick Rose (he was high school class of 07 like me) doing their thing and living the dream while I'm still in college and not knowing exactly what the future holds for me
ohwell.gif

The same goes for this upcoming NFL draft. A lot of these dudes coming out were born the same year as me 
ohwell.gif
. I'm starting to come across the revelation that you know you are officially getting old when there's professional athletes (with exception to pro golf and tennis athletes b/c I know there's always teens that are playing but it doesn't relate to me since I don't follow those sports) that are younger than you. Just a weird feeling b/c your whole life up until your early 20's, all the pro athletes you've watched and followed were significantly older than you but it's not the case anymore.  

HAHAHA! That pic up top has me in tears! But honestly I am just getting my mind right for when it is our generations turn to start running things.

HAHAHA! That pic up top has me in tears! But honestly I am just getting my mind right for when it is our generations turn to start running things.

I guess for me it's kind of the opposite. I wanna fast froward like 2 years (23), so I can take that next step in my life. I'll probably look back in 5 years, and see how much I miss these times.

I guess for me it's kind of the opposite. I wanna fast froward like 2 years (23), so I can take that next step in my life. I'll probably look back in 5 years, and see how much I miss these times.

Hell yes, it really hit me a couple years after high school. Almost done with college and the real world is calling my name smh, so I supposed enjoy this sandboxed environment while it lasts.

Hell yes, it really hit me a couple years after high school. Almost done with college and the real world is calling my name smh, so I supposed enjoy this sandboxed environment while it lasts.

Yes.

I see my friends who are turning 25+ and they are still doing the same exact +%*$ I'm doing right now every single weekend. Sure some might have good jobs, improved girlfriends/wives, better cars. 

But its just like you sit here and think to yourself how much does life really change? Am I really just going to school and working just so I can be kicking back and doing the same exact +%*$ in 5-10 years?

Makes you feel trapped.

Yes.

I see my friends who are turning 25+ and they are still doing the same exact +%*$ I'm doing right now every single weekend. Sure some might have good jobs, improved girlfriends/wives, better cars. 

But its just like you sit here and think to yourself how much does life really change? Am I really just going to school and working just so I can be kicking back and doing the same exact +%*$ in 5-10 years?

Makes you feel trapped.

turning 21 next week
pimp.gif
def. feels like i just got outta HS though. the maturity and knowledge only keeps growing though

turning 21 next week
pimp.gif
def. feels like i just got outta HS though. the maturity and knowledge only keeps growing though

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Originally Posted by eashawty

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
man u aint never lied & op i feel u on all that

roll.gif
For some reason I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

same here

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Originally Posted by eashawty

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
man u aint never lied & op i feel u on all that

roll.gif
For some reason I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

same here

21 years old. 1 more year for my bachelors, but I'm already stressed about finding a job after I graduate.

all I ever hear is internships and networking are the most important things about college. I probably have about 10 friends or less from college and I havent had any interning experience yet.

I owe mad money to the courts for a DUI, plus gotta do alcohol and drug classes this summer. plus 65 a month for probation x 12 months. Plus all the feelings of how I dissapointed/embarassed my family.

Feels like college put me in a hole more than it has helped me build. I know the degree will be worth it, but I honestly have never felt lower in my life. Even when I almost didn't graduate HS on time, I had a much more optimistic outlook than I do now. I wish I could just look into the future and see where I'll be in a few years. Wish I could have stayed 17 forever.

21 years old. 1 more year for my bachelors, but I'm already stressed about finding a job after I graduate.

all I ever hear is internships and networking are the most important things about college. I probably have about 10 friends or less from college and I havent had any interning experience yet.

I owe mad money to the courts for a DUI, plus gotta do alcohol and drug classes this summer. plus 65 a month for probation x 12 months. Plus all the feelings of how I dissapointed/embarassed my family.

Feels like college put me in a hole more than it has helped me build. I know the degree will be worth it, but I honestly have never felt lower in my life. Even when I almost didn't graduate HS on time, I had a much more optimistic outlook than I do now. I wish I could just look into the future and see where I'll be in a few years. Wish I could have stayed 17 forever.

i haven't even hit 20 yet and i'm dreaming about what its going to be like to have 4 days off in a row.

fulltime work and school ftl... kinda.

i haven't even hit 20 yet and i'm dreaming about what its going to be like to have 4 days off in a row.

fulltime work and school ftl... kinda.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

i feel ya on the college part. going into it, i was expecting to learn a lot of new things and develop an "expertise" in my major after 4 years. So far it hasn't quite panned out that way after 4 years and 3 changed majors later 
frown.gif
. Sometimes I wish instead of going to college right after HS, I would've just worked and stacked my bank account for a year or two then decided on what I wanted to do. It's been an endless cycle past 4 years just working and making all this money for it to disappear from paying off tuition and expenses. 

Back
Top Bottom