For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

I wear all my sneakers, I always take the weather and where I'm going into account , wearing kicks with nubuck is risky in Florida because rain storms can come out of nowhere , I spray all my sneakers like that with rain guard but I still don't like the idea of getting caught in a down pour in a pair of cool greys or whatever other nubuck shoe I have , when I'm just being casual I use my Jordan 1's as beaters

I barely wear my Jordans. I pretty much stay in Air Maxs all year long.

However, if I do put on a pair of Js, I'll wear them of and on for a week or two, mostly cause I'm too lazy to put them back in the box.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

Originally Posted by beh235

Although I have a piece of advice, when you wear your kicks in the rain, it acually cleans them (unless you step in mud) it makes your job easier. 
You mean after it's rained outside? The kicks I've worn in the rain always ended up smelling pretty awful when they dried up. 

I mean while it's raining, but light to moderate rain. If your kicks smell after you wear them in the rain, ya feet stink bruh lol.

No set rotation. I work alot tho n cnt wear sneakers as much as I use to anyways... I rocked my 2011 cement 3s alot over the summer tho, I also come outin the 2010 VR VIs alot (I guess I got a thing for January releases)...

Crappy weather is always my red wings or chucks (in the summer). I use to wear my bred strap 1s but I recently left those in Nigeria.

My collection is dominated by non white sneakers but not all are black...

Last I checked I had 15-20 deadstocks in my collection although most of those are just doubles for future use...

No set rotation. I wear what I feel like wearing and thats all that matters. And that goes for matching as well.

Its pretty ironic most of you guys have no set rotation.

Just figured you guys might.

Great discussion guys, I'm loving it!

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I just wear a certain set of my kicks at the moment, usually how I'm feeling that day (mood) and if I want to get DRESSED up.

Here's a pic of my current rotation as of March 7th.

vy876q.png

My kicks that I used to wear the most were my 06 Cardinal VIIs but I just copped some DS ones & am getting rid of the old ones & dont know when I'm gonna wear the new ones. Funny thing is most of the time you can catch me in some Jordan slides, lol. Way more DS kicks than un-DS for sure. Love coppin kicks, HATE un-DSing them. Craziness I know.

haha its funny to find out that im not the only one that gets all weird about the rotation that they wear there shoes in.

I don't wear any of my kicks in the rain for sure. also I actually use a removable shoetree and a force field on top of that.

i rock all my kicks but try not to rock any pair more than once a month. I use forcefields and clean em bottem and top after. My beaters are a couple pair of vans and some AJ1 phats

i rotate all my pairs, but in no discernable order, so i naturally wear some more than others. i don't bother cleaning or doing anything to prevent creases. i just attend to bigger stains as they pop up. no colours are preferential, and i pay little attention to rain (what's a little water going to do in the city?). my rotation is around 40 pairs, so none ever smell,

and they last forever.

no rotation really, I just wear what I feel like wearing. I do wear my nike acg goadomes in the rain. My jordans that have NIKE AIR on the back get more wear than the newer retros tho.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by fsunole19

What do y'all use to keep your shoes clean? Any special tips or products?

Me personally, I just use old reliable, soap and warm water.
That's what I use. Sometimes on the white parts I'll use the Mr. Clean magic eraser...works wonders.

I wear every shoe i buy, nothing is DS! I dont walk funny, I just like the look and always want to wear my kicks.

I wear my kicks according to the weather.
You can't wear a fresh pair of white shoes in rain, it's just not right.

I still haven't seen anybody write about how they handle their j's in the club. I started rocking my trk flight 45's hard all winter along with my timbs.

Crappy weather in the chi+drunk/ignorant people=stains

Originally Posted by fsunole19

What do y'all use to keep your shoes clean? Any special tips or products?

A few years ago I dropped $50 on a bottle of Jason Markk cleaner with the two brushes and microfiber towel.  It might be on the best purchases I've ever made in regards to sneakers.  It can literally get out just about anything and the two different brushes are great for leather and suede.

I don't wear any of my shoes. I just leave them all over the house to look at. When I take a dump, I'm staring at a bathtub full of 50 pairs of sneakers. I trip all over the house from deadstock shoes laying all over the joint.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

I don't wear any of my shoes. I just leave them all over the house to look at. When I take a dump, I'm staring at a bathtub full of 50 pairs of sneakers. I trip all over the house from deadstock shoes laying all over the joint.

laugh.gif
 right.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

not sure if serious 
indifferent.gif

no set rotation as i only have 30 pair. i wear my lunarglide 3's for work, my all black griffey 1's in the winter. other than that i wear whatever i feel like that day.

i try and wear my kicks when the occasion is right...i beat my cement IIIs..theyre creased pretty bad and the paint is cracking but its one of my faves plus i got a reserve... ill wear what i consider special to an NBA game or any hooping related event.. just cuz i think it makes sense...when in the closet i stuff socks into the shoes that crease in the toe box...most kicks are in the box excluding any XI...i try not to wear the white based too much cuz...well.. theyre white....a shoe i wore once and hevent been able to wear again because i wanted it for so long is my Del Sol low top VIIIs....cool grey XIs get worn a lot and i play in my taxi XIIs..

Back
Top Bottom