For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

I go to school in Vermont, so my winter rotation is pretty thin (mostly ACG Air Escapes and Doc Martins). I don't care about snow or rain, but the salt they use up here is killer especially on any black based shoes.

Besides that, or when I'm home in NJ, I wear whatever I'm feeling. Some days it's shoes to match a shirt. Other days it's a shirt to match a pair of shoes. I only clean when there's a big stain or something, and I never worry about creasing. If I'm going to spend all this money on a hobby, you bet that I'm actually going to bring them out in public.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

No doubt Sneakerfan1 and I try to purchase kicks pre-06 as well.

Now that I just got a job, I'm gonna try my luck with older kicks because that's where quality = value.

However, I like many of the new retro+ colorways (Stealth 14's and those Cool Grey 12's) and try to get those if I can.

I just wish that I was able to purchase the OG's when they dropped back in the day (I'm 22) so all I can do now is admire them, until I can buy my own pair.
This. Dude, 1999-2004 was a golden era for quality retro Jordan's. If you have a pair during this time frame and compare it to the newer retros, there is a huge difference. 
Compare the '03 cements with the '11's, the bred xii's from 04 vs. the recent bred xii's, the '01 bred XI's vs. the cdp's, the white/black/red II's from '04 vs. the recent white black red II's, etc.

You can go on and on, and while some recent retros have been pretty good, can't help but miss some of those older quality shoes. 

I've never bought a pair of sneakers that I didn't wear within the first few days of purchasing.  I'm a Nike guy, not big into Jordans, I own the only pairs I want with the exception of the Playoff 12's.  I hated Jordans as a kid as a die-hard Knicks fan.  I used to get so mad when Knick fans would wear Jordans.  
laugh.gif
  I refused to buy any because of what MJ did to the Knicks.  Finally in 2000 I popped my cherry on the Concords.

2000 Concords

2006 Fire Red III

2006 Military Blue IV 
eyes.gif

2010 CG XI

2011 TB III

2011 Blk Cement III

2012 Cement IV

I have the 2001 Cool Grey & Columbias in my basement beat to hell.  A pair of IX's from 2002 (I think) is down there somewhere too.

The 2000 Concords are the only ones I really take care of.  The Fire Red III's have already been repainted since they're my favorite Jordans.  The stuff in the last two years is meh, I don't wear them that much to be honest though I'll wear the Cement IV's a ton this summer.  I guess I rocked the TB III's last summer quite a bit.

Weather-wise I'll wear beater Nikes or New Balances if I know I'm going to be walking or outside for more than a few seconds.

Originally Posted by jamazing

No doubt Sneakerfan1 and I try to purchase kicks pre-06 as well.

Now that I just got a job, I'm gonna try my luck with older kicks because that's where quality = value.

However, I like many of the new retro+ colorways (Stealth 14's and those Cool Grey 12's) and try to get those if I can.

I just wish that I was able to purchase the OG's when they dropped back in the day (I'm 22) so all I can do now is admire them, until I can buy my own pair.
This. Dude, 1999-2004 was a golden era for quality retro Jordan's. If you have a pair during this time frame and compare it to the newer retros, there is a huge difference. 
Compare the '03 cements with the '11's, the bred xii's from 04 vs. the recent bred xii's, the '01 bred XI's vs. the cdp's, the white/black/red II's from '04 vs. the recent white black red II's, etc.

You can go on and on, and while some recent retros have been pretty good, can't help but miss some of those older quality shoes. 

Yeah man I know that those kicks in that frame were excellent, but unfortunately we probably won't get those materials again.
So, with what JB is releasing as of late, the Wolf Grey 5's,  Bordeaux 7's, Playoff 13's and Chicago 10's, you can find (although maybe sparingly) good kicks too.

Thanks for the contribution man.

I wear all my shoes, it takes a long time to get through them all but i do wear them.

I usually just decide the night before while I'm falling asleep what shoes I wanna wear the next day. Sometimes I wake up wanting to wear a different pair than planned so I plan out an outfit on the spot and just go w/ whatever I feel like.

I guess you could say that my rotation is my whole collection for the most part.. except for some DS gems that I keep hoarded away because I want to.
wink.gif

I like to break out some good heat on school days for my classmates. Got a couple of heads in there that wear Jordans.
pimp.gif

No rotation, never wear Js in rain or snow though. Try not tokneel down to avoid creasing them. And I clean them after every wear.

I don't have a rotation, I usually wear what I'm in the mood to.

Depend on time of day and situation, I pick my clothing 1st then shoe sometime vice versa.

Don't walk funny, shoes are meant to be worn anyways.

I clean the shoes if I see any dirt on them, I only clean the sole when storing them again.

Usually wear shoes according to the forecast, but sometime Mother Nature has other ideas.

So I've got a slip-on or beater in the trunk just in case.

Originally Posted by spizike231

I usually just decide the night before while I'm falling asleep what shoes I wanna wear the next day. Sometimes I wake up wanting to wear a different pair than planned so I plan out an outfit on the spot and just go w/ whatever I feel like.

I guess you could say that my rotation is my whole collection for the most part.. except for some DS gems that I keep hoarded away because I want to.
wink.gif

I like to break out some good heat on school days for my classmates. Got a couple of heads in there that wear Jordans.
pimp.gif

Yeah I remember in HS it was always nice to see classmates with different Jay's on.
Then it was mostly one person who stayed wearing every retro (2003-2007) and I was like:

tumblr_leq08aaktP1qcu1hm.gif

Because they were like 16. Spoiled.
laugh.gif

This thread is for discussion of wearing your kicks.
Like for instance, do you have a steady rotation?

Do you wear certain kicks in certain weather (rain, snow, sunshine)?

Do you walk 'irregular' in your kicks to keep them from creasing, or do you own some sneaker shields?

Do you clean the bottom of your kicks or just the 'top'?

Other questions as the discussion continues.

Just as an aside, every time I wear my J's I make sure I match with my clothing.

It just kills me to see people who wear J's but don't match with them (I've noticed this a lot when I lived in NY).

30t6p3b.gif
1.if it's raining i wear my freeruns or my gucci slip-ons or other shoes i don't care about and for rotation i just wear whatever i havn't worn in a while
2. Lol my girl says i walk like a robot sometimes but it helps with creases. prob should invest into a shield

3. bottom and top. if you clean them right after you wear them its easier to clean rather later on weeks/months/days down the road. waited to long to clean my rayguns and since the bottom is white they are like stained brown dirt color even after i cleaned them for a long time

4. matching is a must

nice topic

Dont have a rotation, but i prolly wear kicks that dont crease alot more than ones that do. Used to walk crazy to avoid creasing. I try not to now (sometimes i catch myself doin it without realizing). I do wear 2 pairs of socks though to keep creasing to a minimum. Rarely wear any of my good sneakers in rain or snow...if i do, it'll be all leather sneakers with NO suede/nubuck, and NO clear bottoms (XIIs, cardinal 7s, cough drop foams, etc). I got a pair of wht/grey/uni blue XIIIs i prolly wont ever wear again. Wore em like 5 times, but they're a half a size bigger than my normal size and i hate how they feel. Cant bring myself to sell em though lol. I wear all the rest of my kicks, although sometimes it takes a while (just unDS'd my 2010 CG XIs last week). A few kicks, i clean the bottoms.

they dont go back in the box until they are clean.

same here..whether they get dirty or not. I HATE cleaning them so there will be times when there's like 5 pairs sitting on top of the boxes for like 2 weeks

My rotation consists of: Aqua 8's (wear these alot), Midnight Fog Sb's (wear these alot too), Fire Red 3's, Raptor 7's, Citrus 7's and infared air max 90's. I tend to rock the 3'z, aquas and fogs alot because the 3's are beat and I have ds pairs of aquas and fogs for later. Most of my kicks are black blased, because my wardrobe is more black than anything. I have certain pairs like my other pair of aqua's, playoff 8's, bordeuax's and stealth v's that I will never wear. I also have tried wearable shoe tree's, they work wonders but they kind of hurt. 
edit: Also just picked up some used Greenbean V's that I'm bout to add to the rotation. Surprisingly my aqua's are holding up like a champ, besides they paint chipping they're still damn clean.

I rock all my kicks. I don't spend 200+ on shoes to look at them. I don't have any specific rotations I just rock whatever I want that day. And of course make it match.

Does anyone mess with sneaker shields or anything similar ( i forget the other brand names). I read about em here and there and never know what to believe, figured i would i would try and see what some people on here think (the best ppl to ask). If you do mess with any of those products please lemme kno what you think. Just curious, was considering em for certain shoes only like jordan 3s for example.

A. does it work
b. Can you feel/ notice it is in the shoe when you are wearing it? if so
does it bother you?
c. Any negative effects to the shoe?

Originally Posted by green rhino123

anything made 2002 or after - i rarely take the weather into account, that is, i rock
rain, sleet or shine without caring

anything 2001 & before - i take the weather into account

is pretty much my only rule of thumb

exactly this...

i try to have a  steady rotation so i dont wear a pair more than others...

i just recently came up on some Columbia IV's NDS size 13.5 and they are my grails... only a special occasion before i even consider wearing them outside... but all my kicks are fair game...

Originally Posted by nykid2387

I rock all my kicks. I don't spend 200+ on shoes to look at them. I don't have any specific rotations I just rock whatever I want that day. And of course make it match.

Yea man for real. If i had the money to buy one rock and one to stock on all my kicks, i would. But the average person cant. But i fall into rotations with out realizing it sometimes. Ill pull out a pair and not put em away in box, next morning or maybe a few mornings later theyre still on the floor and im like yup i wanna wear those, then a few more times, you cant resist wearin em. 

Originally Posted by nykid2387

Exactly bro.
& I recently saw a guy's video on YT and he had the DW 1's in his incorrect size and refused to trade/sell because he wanted to have them as art.

Now its fine and dandy, do whatever you want, it's your money, its just unfortunate for those individuals who want a pair but can because people like him have it.

Oh well, right?

grin.gif

rock em dont stock em!

i stopped wearing certain kicks just because of the age tho.

like my 15s since they started spliting
frown.gif

ALL my kicks are worn.
Some are well worn and some are worn but now just sit there.
I really only wear 3's nowadays, Not sure why but me regular rotation are BC, WC, TB and P$ 3's.
I do however wear XII's for ballin as they are fantastic to ball in.

I don't clean shoes after every wear only when necessary.
It is nice however to break out an old pair and wear them from time to time
Just wish there was a market for worn shoes coz I'd have plenty to sell.

No DS pairs here.

I don't match with my sneakers, I coordinate as corny as it sounds.

Weather has little impact on my decision unless there's ice on the ground. I just don't wear any suede/nubuck pairs in the rain except for my Emerald Griffeys. I mean, how is some rain going to hurt a leather sneaker?

I clean them like every 5-7 wears and I've never cleaned the outsole of any shoe except my DMP VIs.

That broke, jobless, just turned 18 in January lifestyle. I have maybe 7~8 pairs total so they're all rotated
ohwell.gif

I wear all my jordans.
Some only for casual because i dont
Want them to have scars, or being worn out
By playing basketball.
I think paying so much for shoes that never
Graced the floor on my street is a big waste.

I have the ones i wear to school, and then everything else. For school I have navy NB 2000s, and for rainy/snowy days i wear Polo Dover IIs . For skateboarding, i wear pine Janoskis. Evey now and then i will wear something nicer to school, but there are some lul rascals at my school , and stuff gets stolen alot, so there are a few things id refuse to wear to school such as concords/any recent releases, or anything mostly white, or anything i paid retail/+ for. I have mostly dark shoes because white shoes are like a chore. Only ALL white shoes you'd ever catch me in are AF1s.

Back
Top Bottom