For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

It just kills me to see people who wear J's but don't match with them (I've noticed this a lot when I lived in NY).

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
 worry about yourself..don't worry about other people..if they want to mess up their sneakers, mismatch..etc, it's on them

as for the question, i go by weather...if it's about to rain or snow, i either wear timbs or black nike sneakers. For any other day, i wear whatever feels good that day

i try to wear them all.  they dont go back in the box until they are clean.  most of them i just clean the tops but anything with clear soles gets a proper scrubbing.

I wear all my kicks. I don't have a set rotation, I just wake up in the morning and decide which ones I wanna rock. I'll never wear em in the rain or snow though, I have a couple pairs of Air Max 95s for that. I have some 12s that I use to ball in, the rest are worn casually when it's nice out

I wear all the shoes that I purchase.. I'd be crazy not to

I have too many pairs of shoes to pick a different one everyday
So I have a set rotation.. but I change my rotation often
I may change every 3 to 4 months consisting of 4 pairs a rotation

I'm not too big on matching my entire outfit.. red base shoes, red base shirt, jeans... no style or originality if you ask me

I actually like the worn look.. but I have to clean them every so often so they are presentable n don't look beat
And I try to clean my rotation twice a month or every 2 weeks with a magic eraser

Originally Posted by xXJaguar25Xx

I wear all the shoes that I purchase.. I'd be crazy not to

I have too many pairs of shoes to pick a different one everyday
So I have a set rotation.. but I change my rotation often
I may change every 3 to 4 months consisting of 4 pairs a rotation

I'm not too big on matching my entire outfit.. red base shoes, red base shirt, jeans... no style or originality if you ask me

I actually like the worn look.. but I have to clean them every so often so they are presentable n don't look beat
And I try to clean my rotation twice a month or every 2 weeks with a magic eraser

Cool.
I have about 16 pairs myself and switch up my rotation every few weeks or so.

However, got a couple of pairs that will see the light in the summer (Black Flip 3's, Concords and White Cement 4's).

Been wearing my coughdrop foams into the ground lately.  Great winter sneaker when I give boots a break. Especially at 80 bucks

My one & only pair of chicago 10s are already beat
laugh.gif
wear em to 24hour-fitness and run on the treadmill in em, fools always look at me with one eyebrow raised. Wear your sneakers people. Consume the shoe, don't let it consume you. There's more to life than shoes.

i don't have a solid rotation where a certain shoe has to be worn regularly, but i used to choose my outfit based on the shoes i plan to wear. now that i have more shoes and more clothes i can let my mood decide now. i'm not gonna make a big deal about how i walk with heat on my feet but i do try to be careful about my surroundings and if anything, i just clean 'em up after i get home.

but weather wise, i have to wear my beater dunks in the rain.

Shoutout to the people on this site with more than 30, 40, 50+ pairs.

I look up to you guys.

I just want a collection to look at and just be like "MAN!"

I'll get there in a few years.

I'm almost at 20 pairs in less than HALF a year.

I wear mostly what I feel like wearing then I match my shoes, which to me is a given.. I prefer dark based shoes just so I don't have to worry about cleaning them as much as I would white-based shoes. And I see no point in cleaning the bottom of the soles if they're going to end up on the ground again.

If Im not dressing up for class, I just put on the first pair of shoes I see. Right now, thatd be bordeaux viis, aqua viiis or legod 3x blacks viiis.

Put on something less common if Im feeling extra goodie that day. legod south beaches, yeezys, penny foams or something I havent worn yet.

Then theres just stuff id wear bc I feel like it. I dunno. Dont really matter to me

any of u guys actually ball in your shoes??

today i was playing in my mars iv and i got a bad blister on my right pinky toe.

this happened after like an hour of playing.
this is also the first time i balled in them

I look up to you guys.

There are some people with several hundreds of shoes which isn't that far-fetched if you're a person who has been collecting for a while.

I've given away and sold more shoes than I can count.  At the end of the day I've got plenty and they're just shoes.  Some people act like they're stocks in Apple or something.  Like their exclusives means they're winning at life.
laugh.gif

Word of advice, buy what you like, don't let the #s be what sways you.

I've bought a few kicks that I was lukewarm on and I wound up getting rid of them quick.  The #s mean absolutely nothing to me personally.  If I really wanted #s I would've kept every pair I've purchased.

At the end of the day, it's your bread, do what makes you happy.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

I look up to you guys.

There are some people with several hundreds of shoes which isn't that far-fetched if you're a person who has been collecting for a while.

I've given away and sold more shoes than I can count.  At the end of the day I've got plenty and they're just shoes.  Some people act like they're stocks in Apple or something.  Like their exclusives means they're winning at life.
laugh.gif

I've bought a few kicks that I was lukewarm on and I wound up getting rid of them quick.  The #s mean absolutely nothing to me personally.  If I really wanted #s I would've kept every pair I've purchased.

Thats spoken like a real og

I have no set rotation that I follow when wear my pairs. I've got 25 pairs at the moment, and I decide which ones to wear while I'm getting dressed for the day. I try to wear pairs I haven't worn in a while before pairs that I've been wearing a lot recently, but that's about it. There is no method to my madness.

No rotation. Picked the shoes just like my clothes. Whatever comes to my mind first, gets worn. I try to match it somewhat. If it rains, I stick with my Air Max 2010s. No cleaning and don't watch how I walk. If it gets creased, oh well.

Originally Posted by HeirtotheJ23

I look up to you guys.

laugh.gif

I feel you man.
The reason the amount was so big, was because I wanted to purchase older models that I couldn't get when they released before.

However, I am comfortable with purchasing shoes that I only peak my interest.

Eventually the amount may be there, but until then, I'm satisfied with where I am at actually.

Thanks for your insight thought; I appreciate it, as well as everyone's contribution in this thread.

I had a rotation of wearing what was out to avoid having to clean more. Now I'm trying to wear the shoes I've worn only once or brand new. Stocked up from all these releases

Originally Posted by HeirtotheJ23

laugh.gif

I feel you man.
The reason the amount was so big, was because I wanted to purchase older models that I couldn't get when they released before.

However, I am comfortable with purchasing shoes that I only peak my interest.

Eventually the amount may be there, but until then, I'm satisfied with where I am at actually.

Thanks for your insight thought; I appreciate it, as well as everyone's contribution in this thread.
No doubt fam.

I'm younger than most of the vets, but I always told myself when I could financially support this hobby I'd get all the pairs I missed out on.  Once I began to reach that point I shared the wealth and got my fam into the whole shoe thing, it's more fun that way to me.

Growing up it was one sneaker for the year, owned very few J's that I wanted to when they first dropped, but that just motivated me more.  Now that I can afford it, I hunt down as many OGs/1st gen retros as possible.  The thing I'm starting to notice is that with all of the buzz around the new stuff, the older models aren't as tough to cop as they once were due to people being uneducated about which shoes will/won't crumble.  It just takes putting in the work to find those gems.  If you can, get a pair of pre-2005 J's (late 90s - early 2000's to be on the safe side, XII's and XIII's won't crack on you).  Everyone should at least get the chance to experience the kind of quality that JB used to bring to the table.

Oh yeah, anything with icey soles = won't wear if the ground is wet ie. rained that morning/night before. Check those weather reports!

In regards to balling in retros: some are still great (12s, 14s, 23s, newer models), older models I wouldn't (1s, 5s, etc). I'm meh on XIs (balled the SJs, wouldn't dare step on the court with CDP breds tho)

No doubt Sneakerfan1 and I try to purchase kicks pre-06 as well.

Now that I just got a job, I'm gonna try my luck with older kicks because that's where quality = value.

However, I like many of the new retro+ colorways (Stealth 14's and those Cool Grey 12's) and try to get those if I can.

I just wish that I was able to purchase the OG's when they dropped back in the day (I'm 22) so all I can do now is admire them, until I can buy my own pair.

Back
Top Bottom