For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

I really hate it when after a few wears only one shoe (usually the right) has so many creases, while the other is pristine!

mad.gif

SNEAKER_SHIELDS.jpg

You need to get on this 
happy.gif

I have some in my military IVs and its a preference...its actually kind of uncomfortable with them in and I customized the hell out of them. I tried them out two weeks ago to run some errands and after that wear I pulled it out.

I rock the shields with most jordans but for me they work best in 3s and 4s. They don't really fit into the toe shape of a 13 or a 5 quite as well.

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

Nice Thread by the way.. 
happy.gif

Just like as the others, No set rotation.. but I love my  AM90s & AM1s

I always clean the bottoms after every wear, cold H20 and soap...

I do have some pairs that are still DS...
Thanks!
And me too; just waiting for summer, or about May to break them out.

I have them all on display and whatever ones are catching my eye that day i wear. No set rotation.

I usually end up wearing the same one or two pairs for an extended period, then i will switch it up. special occasions i bust out the heat.

Like for instance, do you have a steady rotation?
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]-I try and rotate my shoes as much as possible. However, when new ones come out that I've been waiting for, I tend to wear them a little more than others. [/color]

Do you wear certain kicks in certain weather (rain, snow, sunshine)?
-If it's raining, I'll usually wear some boots, beaters or gym shoes. This usually includes Air Max's and Lunarglides.

Do you walk 'irregular' in your kicks to keep them from creasing, or do you own some sneaker shields?
-When I was younger, I used to do the pigeon walk to prevent creasing. Over time I've realized that no matter what you do, the creasing is inevitable. So I walk normal. I'd rather walk comfortable and enjoy my shoes...besides I have enough kicks to last me my entire life. One creased pair won't ruin my life. I've never used a pair of sneaker shields and I haven't really planned on starting.

Do you clean the bottom of your kicks or just the 'top'?
-With cleared soled shoes I'll scrub the bottoms down with a rag and "goof off". I've found that this helped slow down the yellowing process. Most of my shoes will usually get the "dust off" treatment and inspection before they get thrown back in the box. If there's a spot or noticeable dirt, I'll be sure to treat them accordingly. I've gotten lazy the past few weeks and my rotation was starting to stack up around the house so I just threw them in their boxes to be cleaned later.

no heat in the rain and snow

no heat at certain night spots

other than, i'll throw em on wit some basketball shorts casually or an outfit when i'm tryna coordinate and b fresh

Originally Posted by aznlurker

I really hate it when after a few wears only one shoe (usually the right) has so many creases, while the other is pristine!

mad.gif

SNEAKER_SHIELDS.jpg

You need to get on this 
happy.gif

I have some in my military IVs and its a preference...its actually kind of uncomfortable with them in and I customized the hell out of them. I tried them out two weeks ago to run some errands and after that wear I pulled it out.

Those are the same decreasers that I use in nearly every pair I own (exceptions to foamposites, mesh toe boxes, and other pairs that don't really crease).  They are definitely something that takes some getting use to but I've been using them for several years now and they keep my pairs looking DS.  It sucks that I have to sacrifice some comfort for looks, but I've heard or more ridiculous things before.

I rock my copper foamposites with a yellowed sole during the rain.
nice days i bust out the heat and occasionally catch people looking at me like they just drank spoilt milk.

and i let my shoes get dirty to add character but for shoes I consider favorites, back-up pairs exist in reserve ye dig... (i.e. copper foamposites) 

I basically wear what I feel like wearing for the most part. I am the most careful with my white and red OG XIIIs though due to the suede part of it.

I walk normal. Creasing in shoes are gonna happen regardless. I just gotta live with it.

As far as cleaning goes, I clean most of my shoes off an hour or two before I throw them on. I have so many shoes that I forget which ones are dirty and which ones aren't.

I don't have a set rotation. I wear all of my shoes. I don't wear them right after I buy them. I admire and let them sit on the shelves of my house for a couple of months and then when summer hits, heat wave. And I always clean my shoes after every wear, including the bottoms of shoes. I try to keep my shoes as clean as possible. I definitely walk a lot slower to make sure I don't crease. I'm real anal about my shoes.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Diggin' this thread...Unfortunately my Playoff 13's have gotten a little dirty on the white sole part...I need some damn magic erasers!

Don't have a set rotation. Been wearing Brons a lot lately. Don't wear heat in bad weather, I either throw on some beaters (AM95's/AF1s) or boots. I don't especially try to avoid creasing except on certain kicks I want to keep mint.

I don't have a set rotation cause I just wear whatever im in the mood for and sometimes i tend to get really lazy to even take out the boxes so i just wear my Chucks most of the time.

Have a set rotation of about 25 favorite kicks for this year. However, I change the rotation every year. This year I'm wearing Jordans, leBrons, Kobes, Huarache, hyperdunks and
some foams and zoom rookies. With 1000+ kicks I try to wear every pair I own at least once. I don't care if it lowers the value. I bought them to wear!
Also, I never wear the same pair two days in a row. The sweat is not good for the kicks.

Actually, the dude who said he cleans the bottoms everytime he wears thems and walks softly to avoid creases is wack in my opinion.
You got to focus on making money (like me) and with money you can buy whatever you want . One mans game is another mans shame.

mad.gif

SNEAKER_SHIELDS.jpg

You need to get on this 
happy.gif
Since i copped these about a year ago, no new creases in any of my kicks. I cut the sides of mine & they definitely take some getting used too though. I have one pair that I just keep on the dresser & put them into whatever kicks i'm wearing for the day. I definitely recommend them.

Don't have a set rotation. I just grab the pair that matches with what I'm wearing that day

wear most of my kicks, but still have some ds. Can't get myself to break out the db 4 or concords yet lol

I have gotten about 7 pairs of shoes the past few months that I feel comfortable with rocking they range from kobe's, lebron's, and jordans. I buy them to wear them of course and of course I some older kicks like my cdp 20's that I use as beaters on days that I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom