For those of us who ACTUALLY wear our sneakers...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by jamazing

Originally Posted by beerdrum108

I like to re-lace mine before wearing them. If they come factory laced and the ends aren't the same length, that bothers me
laugh.gif

Haha I couldn't agree more. I check the laces to see if they're even and I re-lace the entire shoe if it's off. Also, I HAVE to loosen the shoes up once I get them. They're always tied so tight that it looks like the shoes can barely breathe. 
laugh.gif
lol you know what i'm talking about, right man? haha the shoes look they're choking. There's no give in the shoe haha 

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

I just wear 'em and keep 'em clean. If you have enough kicks you'll never truly beat anything into the ground unless you're really trying to.

This.

when did they start lacing kicks all the way up and tying them? back in the 90s they were never tied other than the first one so the dude had to lace em for u when u tried em on as a kid. lol.

^Back in the '90s we always used to lace them flat across -not sure when the crossover style started, sometime in the early '00s I presume.
And remember the days when the store assistants would actually offer to lace them up for you? You'd never accept though, because you had to do them your way 
laugh.gif

...put them on, throw your old pair in the box, and head over to the arcade to play some Mortal Kombat -checking your reflection in the shop windows and every mirrored surface along the way.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Curiousity: How do you guys lace your kicks?

Factory or your own way?

I like to keep mines laced like factory most of the time myself.

I always unlace them completely after buying.  Then, I put my foot in the actual shoe and lace it up so I get the most comfortable "tightness" of the laces.  Also, I go over the eyelets and through that way rather than just going straight through.  I know that sounds really weird in writing, but I can't think of any other way to word it.  Anyone else do it like that?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Haha I couldn't agree more. I check the laces to see if they're even and I re-lace the entire shoe if it's off. Also, I HAVE to loosen the shoes up once I get them. They're always tied so tight that it looks like the shoes can barely breathe. 
laugh.gif
lol you know what i'm talking about, right man? haha the shoes look they're choking. There's no give in the shoe haha 

That's how they laced the 7's last year.
Freaking strangling them.

I have a steady rotation because I only own 2 pairs right now, my Blk/Cement 3s and my Aqua 8s though I'm about to finish the collection soon now that I got extra spending money saved up, only 5 more pairs to go. I also like to wear other things besides sneakers (desert boots and all that) so it all depends on the weather and how I'm feeling.

I don't walk in any special way.

I just clean the top portion of my sneakers. Only time I clean the bottoms if there's something stuck to them like gum.

Like Gordonson, I don't match, I coordinate. Haven't really been the match red shirt with red shoes and red hat type since I left high school. I really prefer the complementing colors look nowadays.

If my sneakers are too tight I'll re-lace them. I like a little room, but not too much.

New release I hold off for a bit. I let everybody else beat theirs up then I break mine out! I actually don't get to wear my J's much during the week. On Friday we can wear jeans to work and I'll bust out a fresh pair then.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

^Back in the '90s we always used to lace them flat across -not sure when the crossover style started, sometime in the early '00s I presume.
And remember the days when the store assistants would actually offer to lace them up for you? You'd never accept though, because you had to do them your way 
laugh.gif

...put them on, throw your old pair in the box, and head over to the arcade to play some Mortal Kombat -checking your reflection in the shop windows and every mirrored surface along the way.

YESS!Always had to rock the fresh pair OUT THE STORE. Nobody does this anymore in this era of resellers and what my boy coined "rental beasts". Dudes who rock em once and then try to sell em VNDS the next week or month.

Originally Posted by bence23

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

laugh.gif

YESS!Always had to rock the fresh pair OUT THE STORE. Nobody does this anymore in this era of resellers and what my boy coined "rental beasts". Dudes who rock em once and then try to sell em VNDS the next week or month.

laugh.gif

It's funny because its true!

Originally Posted by dreb1989

Factory or your own way?

I always unlace them completely after buying.  Then, I put my foot in the actual shoe and lace it up so I get the most comfortable "tightness" of the laces.  Also, I go over the eyelets and through that way rather than just going straight through.  I know that sounds really weird in writing, but I can't think of any other way to word it.  Anyone else do it like that?
Same way

Originally Posted by PRIME

Factory or your own way?

Same way

Me too. @FutureDHughes...another way to say it is "over and then under" versus the factory stock lacing of "under, then over". We use to call it the herringbone, because your laces resembled the herringbone threading in a suit or the necklace. Your laces points down toward your toes, instead of up towards you. I've been doin' this since the early '80's when I use to be a B-Boy. You had to rock your Puma's, Adidas Shell Toes & Original Nike Cortez with fat laces and you would get talked about if you weren't official up on B-Boy etiquette. Basically...if it wasn't herringbone, then you weren't rocking them right. All of that parallel/straight across lace stuff came along shortly after. Heck I remember the checkerboard laces and all types of other stuff, but only one non-factory lacing technique has withstood time and that's the "over and under/Herringbone". I taught/raised all 3 of my kids to lace their shoes on their feet and with this technique. We called it being FRESH back then, but nowadays a lot of you guys would call this having SWAG (P.S. I can't stand that word anymore. It needs to die. Lol!).

I wear whatever I fell like on that day. I don't plan the day ahead or nothing. Spontaneity is key. I have 200+ in my closet's right now, so I get around to them whenever. I normally like to match a little bit, so some shoe's haven't been worn yet, because I haven't found that perfect shirt or hat to compliment them. I don't like to match from head to toe though. Just a splash of matching is better in my opinion. I don't try to O.D. on anything other then my family, money and shoes (in that exact order).

I've actually worn black cement 3's in the operating room haha If I don't wear my J's at odds times like this they'll never get any use. 

Originally Posted by sincere

Originally Posted by PRIME

Same way

Me too. @FutureDHughes...another way to say it is "over and then under" versus the factory stock lacing of "under, then over". We use to call it the herringbone, because your laces resembled the herringbone threading in a suit or the necklace. Your laces points down toward your toes, instead of up towards you. I've been doin' this since the early '80's when I use to be a B-Boy. You had to rock your Puma's, Adidas Shell Toes & Original Nike Cortez with fat laces and you would get talked about if you weren't official up on B-Boy etiquette. Basically...if it wasn't herringbone, then you weren't rocking them right. All of that parallel/straight across lace stuff came along shortly after. Heck I remember the checkerboard laces and all types of other stuff, but only one non-factory lacing technique has withstood time and that's the "over and under/Herringbone". I taught/raised all 3 of my kids to lace their shoes on their feet and with this technique. We called it being FRESH back then, but nowadays a lot of you guys would call this having SWAG (P.S. I can't stand that word anymore. It needs to die. Lol!).
ye
I wear whatever I fell like on that day. I don't plan the day ahead or nothing. Spontaneity is key. I have 200+ in my closet's right now, so I get around to them whenever. I normally like to match a little bit, so some shoe's haven't been worn yet, because I haven't found that perfect shirt or hat to compliment them. I don't like to match from head to toe though. Just a splash of matching is better in my opinion. I don't try to O.D. on anything other them my family, money and shoes (in that exact order).

Yeah I remember that too, especially all the crazy lacing systems in high school. I have 19 pairs and most, if not all, are factory lacing, like you say, "under and over".
I use to lace my converse the straight/parallel way.

laugh.gif

Memories.

Yeah, I always re-lace them with the "over and under/Herringbone" technique. I don't like the factory lace too much, but to each his own.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whodatiz

I've actually worn black cement 3's in the operating room haha If I don't wear my J's at odds times like this they'll never get any use. 

This will be me if i decide to go through with PA school.

No type of steady rotation. To keep all my shoes in good condition, I try to wear em all evenly so no one pair gets run down, but naturally I do have favs I rock more.

Whenever there's any kind of moisture outside like rain or snowing . Then my kicks will not see the ground unless they're some beaters. For the most part my kicks is like a mint whip, kept in the garage and never seen rain or snow. My beaters I d@mn near rock like house shoes are my Cool grey 3s and Metallic V from 07. And my Copper foams are my daily joints cuz even with a yellowed sole they still look mean and break necks.

I only clean the top of my shoes. Only time I clean the sole is when the sole is white, that's why I hated the Playoff XIIs cuz you got to clean them soles ASAP. Those were a dirt magnet.

I use to try to not bend my foot in forces, but as stated this was just inevitable especially in forces. White Forces were only good for like a week, then no matter how hard you would try to, the newness would be gone. My pet peeve or Kanye shrug is ppl who blew their $$$ on the kicks, but can't afford a fly matching outfit. Y'all know what and who I'm talking bout. Brand new kicks, but skimp on the fit smh. But to each their own.

On another note, I try not to wear all new cop for like a year or longer if possible just so I don't see my shoes on the feet of the masses. My goal is to wear mines when most dogged theirs, and the release isnt fresh in ppl mind. When I unDS my kicks they really snap necks and ppl ask, them came out again? Or, where you get them? Man, I wanted them.

I just politely lol, and say I've been had these. I got em at FNL a yr or two ago I just keep my shoes up.

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

On another note, I try not to wear all new cop for like a year or longer if possible just so I don't see my shoes on the feet of the masses. My goal is to wear mines when most dogged theirs, and the release isnt fresh in ppl mind. When I unDS my kicks they really snap necks and ppl ask, them came out again? Or, where you get them? Man, I wanted them.

I just politely lol, and say I've been had these. I got em at FNL a yr or two ago I just keep my shoes up.

This.
I don't wait a year, but I wait a while until most people aren't wearing them anymore.

But come summer is where you really see all the best sneakers.

I love when I wear a nice pair and see someone with a similar if not better pair still clean.

Its like friendly competition. Its nice to see others explore the same passion as you.

I have a 3 pair rotation of everyday sneakers ( like ones i wear with sweats, to class, etc) which are my royal foams, raptop 7s, and my fire red 3s.. Everything else is worn maybe once every 3 months..

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Originally Posted by whodatiz

This will be me if i decide to go through with PA school.

Go for it, man. It's a great career. My ultra type A personality forced me to pursue an MD, but I almost wish I went into either pharmacy or PA.

pharmacy here. i used to work in J's but 12 hours on your feet daily they get beat up pretty bad switch to airmax, shox, lunar etc... outside of work wear all my J's, wipe them clean as needed. retrobrite when the whites get yellowish. i rotate but cinco de mayo I's and stealth XXIII's get the most action. very easy to keep them looking fresh...

I really hate it when after a few wears only one shoe (usually the right) has so many creases, while the other is pristine!

mad.gif

Don't really have a rotation. I just wear what I'm in the mood to wear. I usually just pick my shoes and the mach my clothes then I'm out the door. But if I notice that I haven't worn a certain shoe in a while, then I'll take em for a spin.

Back
Top Bottom