? For Those Who Bash the "2008 Olympic" VI but Praise the "Hares"

The 08 OLYMPIC vi's multicolored mid-sole is awkward looking to say the least. The Hares vii is essentially a white/red colorway, you can barely see any ofthe other colors like

many have already stated. The argument that the thread starter is making has been discussed many times before. People have different reasons why they buyJordans. Accept that.

Some are OG conservatives (Jordan/Bulls fans, collectors, those who think it's 1993) and some are more liberal with their choices (Pride vi's
laugh.gif
) whobuy OG and retro+ colorways.

i don't think either are "gay".
it's just 90's looking shoes. WHICH THEY ARE!
look back at all the color combos of... everything back then.
i guess a lot of people would say everything was "gay" in the early 90's.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

600px-
<----- Didn't know this meant "gay pride" being that this is the inspiration for the colors on the bottom of the VI's.

And now you know, AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE...

glossy2.jpg
tongue.gif
True story... all the "Gay Pride" jokes are straight LAME. Unless you're in middle school, get that mess outta here. I like the OlympicVI's. To the post starter, you should know it's hard to please a NT'r... people complain over just about....anything...

Originally Posted by Patrik1tha1

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

Why?
They're both white bases shoes with "rainbow" colors yet there is a lot of hate for tv VIs and a lot of love and hype for the Viis
If MJ played in those "gay pride" VIs would you buy?
if those hares were a retro + would you buy?
I know ima get flames but I justwant to know why YOU are a hypocrite

when i was kid, i thought the "hare" VIIs were sick so my mom bought them, they are still ill till this day and the colors arent fruity.

now in regards to the VIs, nike never would have made something like that for jordan back then, so he would have never played in them.

wow! so i guess the bourdeux vii was made by addidas huh?
indifferent.gif
how about the "grapes" that everyone loves? don't get me wrong i love them but............... back then the only people who liked em werebasketball fans. they came out around the time of the Charlotte Hornets and went perfectly with the colors of the jersey. other people thought they wereGAY!

Hare VIIs are OG colorways and are CLASSIC. If they were made and released in 2008 for the first time I wouldn't cop because Hare VIIs aren't allthat great looking for a modern sneaker colorway (or design for that matter). The fact that it's a classic, retro OG colorway makes it worth buying. TheVI's on the other hand are different story. It's a brand new colorway and represents the upcoming olympics and for a new 2008 release, the colorway andthe way the colors were put on the shoe, was terrible! Looks like they put those NT templates on MS Paint and let a 5 year old color it. The colors clash inall the wrong ways and placed all over the place. Seems like they didn't even think about the shoe other than "Aight, since it's the Olympicslet's just stick the 5 ring colors on the shoe, call it a day and make some money off these people". Another cash cow for JB. It's alsodoesn't matter what indiviuals say about the shoe, many of those individuals will end up buying them anyways. That's how JB works. I on the other handwould never touch the VIs unless their were "USA Olys" or Infrareds.
wink.gif

i think mainly i just like the hares better because i wanted them ever since i seen them and the 6's aren't bad but i rather the 7's first

Man ya'll kids are really meesin' this site up for real. Everybody is entitled to there own opinion, but for one, if you're not a Michael Jordanfan, why would you even come on to this website. 2 if you seriously have to ask such a stupid-stupid question like this,you have no business being on aNike/Jordan site.And 3,like all the real Jordan shoe heads on this site know, the HARE VII is a classic with history behind it, while this new VI is a"new" and crappy version of another classic Jordan that's just being done no justice too. Don't get me wrong sometimes new colors onretro's are pretty hot, it's a hit or miss thing. On this one it's most def' a miss. Seriously though it's pitiful when you youngster'shate or question the game and history of the Air Jordan shoe or the man himself. Do yourself and us faithful a favor, find another hobby and another chat room.

what the hell are u talkin about...the hares look really nice...those VI's on the other hand look like jb just threw the colors anywhere and the idea wasnot well executed.

the Hares actually have some correlation to the colors....the VIs just got a bunch of colors on the midsole
smh.gif

Man ya'll kids are really meesin' this site up for real. Everybody is entitled to there own opinion, but for one, if you're not a Michael Jordan fan, why would you even come on to this website. 2 if you seriously have to ask such a stupid-stupid question like this,you have no business being on a Nike/Jordan site.And 3,like all the real Jordan shoe heads on this site know, the HARE VII is a classic with history behind it, while this new VI is a "new" and crappy version of another classic Jordan that's just being done no justice too. Don't get me wrong sometimes new colors on retro's are pretty hot, it's a hit or miss thing. On this one it's most def' a miss. Seriously though it's pitiful when you youngster's hate or question the game and history of the Air Jordan shoe or the man himself. Do yourself and us faithful a favor, find another hobby and another chat room.

you got 16 posts son.....he said find another 'chat room'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

B Smooth, Check yourself homie. This is exactly what I mean youngsters like you tryin' to clown on grown a-- men. My comment is real talk on a Jordansubject, what are you hollarin'? Nothing! I may only have 16 post on NikeTAlk, but I probabaly got 16 years on you. Don't play.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

chill out with that, I mean who takes offense to the word 'son'....to be 32 years old your getting a LIL too hyped over that comment.....Ol sensitivetype dude...'youngster...youngster' this is SNEAKERS dude its NOT that serious that you had to PM on some female shh....go get some slacks and dressshoes if you got this 'OG' complex....

there are just as many old dudes lined up for this trash JB is making as young dudes anyway

Whatever kid, bottom line is people come here for Jordan info, all the trash talkin' makes NikeTalk hella childish. On the real, this is suppose to beabout the hare VII's and and these new Olympic VI's as a comparison, you made it something else. I left you a personal message to chill on the jokesand you go post it for everybody to see right, that's kid stuff. Anyway I'm done.

Originally Posted by super23freak

i don't think either are "gay".
it's just 90's looking shoes. WHICH THEY ARE!
look back at all the color combos of... everything back then.
i guess a lot of people would say everything was "gay" in the early 90's.
Agreed.

its just the matter of fact they changed the Olympic VI's original colorway, well at least that's the case for me. i sold mine cause of this. sopissed. ugh
smh.gif

Because Michael Jordan played in hares. You see, we as the older group are inspired of the shoes because of the man played in the shoes, and we idolized himwhen we were growing up. Now, it is different. It's mostly seen in the young kids eyes as a fad, a hot colorway, a shoe with the only needs of what gear orfits to match with. Pathetic.

If you can't understand that, then maybe collecting Air Jordans isn't for you.

Oh yeah, and you get one of these for making this thread...

2e115941c401532e091d31b6e297bec0dc8ef74.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

hare VIIs are a classic, and MJ played in them. and also, theyre only slightly white based, cuz they have those tan colored areas. the color placement on hare VIIs is so much more effective and NOT GAY, its mostly on the tongue, and it has a nice design.

2008 olympic VIs use WHITE PATENT LEATHER, with horrible colors all clustered together, making them look fake and somewhat gay as people say. like i have said before, the idea behind these (colors of olympic rings) is great, but the execution is horrible

who cares about MJ for real? Dude is just a basketball player. Stop riding him like a rodeo.
Go back to the ZoomKobe3 thread!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

hare VIIs are a classic, and MJ played in them. and also, theyre only slightly white based, cuz they have those tan colored areas. the color placement on hare VIIs is so much more effective and NOT GAY, its mostly on the tongue, and it has a nice design.

2008 olympic VIs use WHITE PATENT LEATHER, with horrible colors all clustered together, making them look fake and somewhat gay as people say. like i have said before, the idea behind these (colors of olympic rings) is great, but the execution is horrible

/thread

not feeling the horrible 6 colorway and i don't like the hares... whats that.. like $450 more in my pocket (300 for pack plus 150?)... forget those checksfrom the government, jordan is helping me through the recession

Back
Top Bottom