For those who have visited DC... help a NTer out

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

but avoid rumors at 19 & k 

What happened to rumors?

A few years ago when  I first hit 21 it was nice, diverse and 2 to 1 girls to guys.

I went back a little while ago...straight sausage fest and nasty broads.

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

but avoid rumors at 19 & k 

What happened to rumors?

A few years ago when  I first hit 21 it was nice, diverse and 2 to 1 girls to guys.

I went back a little while ago...straight sausage fest and nasty broads.

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

damn took this long to say my dude needed to get wings and mambo sauce??? nt is slackin out here
30t6p3b.gif

This....But mextra45 bringing up Horace and Dickies got me ready to go straight there after work....I haven't hit that joint in a min...
roll.gif
Folks told him to stay out of the hood. He isn't going to get any Mumbo Sauce downtown near the mall

damn took this long to say my dude needed to get wings and mambo sauce??? nt is slackin out here
30t6p3b.gif

This....But mextra45 bringing up Horace and Dickies got me ready to go straight there after work....I haven't hit that joint in a min...
roll.gif
Folks told him to stay out of the hood. He isn't going to get any Mumbo Sauce downtown near the mall

^^^ True...He would probably ride by Horace and Dickies see a line halfway down the block and be like O hell Nah this was a set up...But Destination kicks those fish sandwiches are on point... you get like 4 or 5 pieces of fish and it's nothing but the goods.... you go once and you might get addicted....

^^^ True...He would probably ride by Horace and Dickies see a line halfway down the block and be like O hell Nah this was a set up...But Destination kicks those fish sandwiches are on point... you get like 4 or 5 pieces of fish and it's nothing but the goods.... you go once and you might get addicted....

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

there's a joint in georgetown... granted WE know it isn't the best but its something
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

there's a joint in georgetown... granted WE know it isn't the best but its something
ohwell.gif

is Stadium new or am I late?

i only started hearing about it about a month ago but i'm always hearing about it now

its a strip club right?

i only started hearing about it about a month ago but i'm always hearing about it now

its a strip club right?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

its a strip club right?

you're late and yeah its a perm joint tittybar

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

its a strip club right?

you're late and yeah its a perm joint tittybar

hit up major in gtown (probably mentioned already)

gtown cupcakes
pimp.gif

adams morgan for bars

gtown cupcakes
pimp.gif

adams morgan for bars

ohwell.gif
I'm not telling that man to get mumbo sauce from GTown.
roll.gif

OP, let us know where you are staying man.

ohwell.gif
I'm not telling that man to get mumbo sauce from GTown.
roll.gif

OP, let us know where you are staying man.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

In before all the stupid +@@ unprotected sex jokes.Anyway. 
 MUST DO - Check out the nightlife. I'm tired of it...but that's because I OD'd on it. To a tourist...a night on the town should be fun.

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) -  Air & Space. Check out all of them though. They're free.

MUST EAT -  Ray's Hell Burger (Arlington, VA - short walk from Rosslyn Metro)

MUST SHOP AT - I don't know about "must" but Georgetown is our cliche snobby shopping district with luxury retailers. Major is here too if you want kicks.

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -  Depends on when you're coming.

DO NOT -  Get outta pocket w/ the kids on the metro (if you're riding it). They will beat the !+%% out of you with no remorse.

AVOID DOING THIS - Simple City, Barry Farms, 640, Potomac Gardens, Sursum Corda
30t6p3b.gif
Damn shame too...especially on that red line...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

In before all the stupid +@@ unprotected sex jokes.Anyway. 
 MUST DO - Check out the nightlife. I'm tired of it...but that's because I OD'd on it. To a tourist...a night on the town should be fun.

MUST VISIT (MUSEUM WISE) -  Air & Space. Check out all of them though. They're free.

MUST EAT -  Ray's Hell Burger (Arlington, VA - short walk from Rosslyn Metro)

MUST SHOP AT - I don't know about "must" but Georgetown is our cliche snobby shopping district with luxury retailers. Major is here too if you want kicks.

COOL CONCERTS/EVENTS -  Depends on when you're coming.

DO NOT -  Get outta pocket w/ the kids on the metro (if you're riding it). They will beat the !+%% out of you with no remorse.

AVOID DOING THIS - Simple City, Barry Farms, 640, Potomac Gardens, Sursum Corda
30t6p3b.gif
Damn shame too...especially on that red line...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

gtown cupcakes
pimp.gif

adams morgan for bars
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

G'Town Cupcake and Cakelove are two of the most OVERRATED desserts in the city.  Honestly, I find the plain ol' cupcakes from Safeway much better than those two. 

Best cupcake in the DC area is at Crumbs....they got something like 50+ varities.  Joints are grapefruit size. 

*If you go to El Pollo Rico in Arlington, AVOID going during lunch. 

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

gtown cupcakes
pimp.gif

adams morgan for bars
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

G'Town Cupcake and Cakelove are two of the most OVERRATED desserts in the city.  Honestly, I find the plain ol' cupcakes from Safeway much better than those two. 

Best cupcake in the DC area is at Crumbs....they got something like 50+ varities.  Joints are grapefruit size. 

*If you go to El Pollo Rico in Arlington, AVOID going during lunch. 

With all disagreement re: cupcake/baked goods retailers, I thought I'd throw Sticky Fingers Bakery out there.  I read that they recently won on Food Network's "Cupcake Wars."   
I'm not big on junk food and I haven't even tried the other "famous" DC cupcake spots, but I have tried some stuff from Sticky Fingers and it's always great.  

Originally Posted by Nawth21

CVS has every right to deter theft. It's still accessible, it's not like they're not being stocked. If the person is too big of a sissy to ask a clerk to get condoms they don't need to be having sex in the first place.
Any barrier you impose will substantially reduce usage.  The person who's "too big of a sissy to ask a clerk" isn't going to go back home, defeated, and suggest to their partner that they read the bible together instead.  
And as far as it being some sort of test of self-confidence, I knew a number of female grad students who were put off by the procedure.  They didn't appreciate being borderline harassed by CVS employees.  You can deter theft without deterring condom use in neighborhoods with the highest HIV infection rates in the country.  It's more than just a show of placing profits before people; they don't care enough about the people in the communities they serve to devise a more practical solution unless subjected to threat of boycott.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/sexist/2009/05/21/cvs-where-freed-condoms-go-to-die/

And enphan, I'd stop laughing if I were you.  I'm the only reason you're even posting under this account so soon after your ban.  

With all disagreement re: cupcake/baked goods retailers, I thought I'd throw Sticky Fingers Bakery out there.  I read that they recently won on Food Network's "Cupcake Wars."   
I'm not big on junk food and I haven't even tried the other "famous" DC cupcake spots, but I have tried some stuff from Sticky Fingers and it's always great.  

Originally Posted by Nawth21

CVS has every right to deter theft. It's still accessible, it's not like they're not being stocked. If the person is too big of a sissy to ask a clerk to get condoms they don't need to be having sex in the first place.
Any barrier you impose will substantially reduce usage.  The person who's "too big of a sissy to ask a clerk" isn't going to go back home, defeated, and suggest to their partner that they read the bible together instead.  
And as far as it being some sort of test of self-confidence, I knew a number of female grad students who were put off by the procedure.  They didn't appreciate being borderline harassed by CVS employees.  You can deter theft without deterring condom use in neighborhoods with the highest HIV infection rates in the country.  It's more than just a show of placing profits before people; they don't care enough about the people in the communities they serve to devise a more practical solution unless subjected to threat of boycott.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/sexist/2009/05/21/cvs-where-freed-condoms-go-to-die/

And enphan, I'd stop laughing if I were you.  I'm the only reason you're even posting under this account so soon after your ban.  

Back
Top Bottom