For you older dudes, where do you rock your J's?

37, married with 5 yr old triplet girls and i wear mine every chance i get. chillin, dinner with wifey, and sometimes church

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by AirThompson

dude, was this thread really necessary?
If you didnt like the thread, was leaving a comment necesssary?
its ISS garbage, thats y!!!!!
No it's not. ISS garbage would be 15 year olds and under. Don't see nothing of this here. This isn't a childish nor stupid and pointless topic....

ISS is calling you though. Go.

yea huh I should join the rest of u 15 year olds at gay-SS... LOL vegeta haha u can't get vag!n@

wow......... fightin on niketalk
roll.gif

im 32 and i hoop on all my jordans cause i cant wear them at work and like you i rock prada americas cup low and gucci canvas on jeans.

I guess being in your late 20's and having a "real" job where they dont care what you wear is a great thing...I can pitch to clients in a fittedand some jays all day long....

lifestyle marketing FTW!!!!

i rock em everywhere...including work...i un-ds some cool grey 11's yesterday at a kick back at my homies pad...

Originally Posted by bsnipes23unc

"No it's not. ISS garbage would be 15 year olds and under"
alright i'm getting really sick of people hating on us "younger people." just because i didnt live through the glory days of JB doesnt make me any less of a sneakerhead than any of you.... i'm on NT every day and i'm rockin my j's every day, just like all of you (hmmm wait... or not
laugh.gif
)
No one was talking to you.
indifferent.gif

ISS IS 15 year old kids mostly and around that age. No one's hating on you so sit down kid.

Seems like you get offended easily when someone makes fun of "young dudes" by the looks of your past posts.
In this case, no one was hating on you so sit down, please.

Originally Posted by si3n4

I'm in my mid 30s with kids and I have an office job. I wear my Jordans primarily for playing ball 3 times a week. I figure that's what they were designed for. I occasionally wear them on the weekends or after work. I haven't worn my Jordans all day every day since college...
Same as si im in my early 30s play ball in my Js quite a lot but not streetball, that was 10 years ago
laugh.gif

si3n4 U rollin in an R32? Nice car I almost bought one the time I got my S3.

Originally Posted by bdub253

You can find me at a nice dinner rockin J's and a T shirt. There's something that feels fantastic about having a pocket full of money and people treat you like a king when you are "underdressed" in many people's minds. The truth is, most of the time my kicks cost more than their suits.
So your either eatin with some goddamn bums shoppin at mens warehouse or wear infrareds everyday?

I rock then to and from work. in the summer to all amusement parks, to the beach, movies etc. basically I rock jordans and other kicks all the time. shoes arefor when i go out. once in a while in a bbq over the summer you'll catch me being an old man by rockin polo rl top, matching rl shorts, and boat shoes.evrytime i do that my friends and family say "look who decided to look decent"
laugh.gif

I wear em when I have somewhere to go, like on a date, or to the mall, or stuff like that. Sucks I gotta wear business casual to work. I tried to rock myBlack/red 2001 xi's and my boss was like "mmmmmmno"

u r speaking of some ppl selling their sneakers after they full time working...
but die-hard sneakerheads, who really luved sneakers, they never sells the shoes cuz they dont have time to wear it~ but just IMO...
for example, some mid age ppl still have their collection~ uwill find time to wear it... unless u start thinking tht yr collection was a waste of money, shudntbought all these bak then...
then i think it means u r officially done with sneaker collecting hobby... u r out of the game... from deep in yr mind...
all my opinions

I have this same problem. I'm in my late 20's and starting my career and my jays are collecting dust. If I ever do wear some I just get dumb commentsand questions my co-workers like "wow aren't those expensive?" lol...so I'd rather not wear them to work at all. Then when I go out places Ialso prefer a mature look so I usually throw on some sperrys, vans, or pumas. I know you can still be "grown" and rock jays but I just hate how muchattention they draw...idk I guess the joy of breaking necks is gone. I will wear them out on occasion but I never get around to wearing all my pairs. I havekicks that I haven't worn in over a year
frown.gif
growing up ftl lol.

If you need to ask this, or think you have outgrown them, you shouldn't even or ever been buying Jordans. You are obviously a hype beast with no passionand just jump on bandwagons.

I'm 33 and I have been in the Jordan game since I was 13 when I got my first pair of Fire Red IV's. I have had tons of J's since then but I do notcollect anymore. Just grew out of it. But to answer your question I have only 7 pairs of Jordan's including the V and VI pack and I just wear mine to thegym when I go work out or maybe if I am going to the store or something. Sneakers are not in my dress code no more. Just mainly Kenneth Cole and Johnston &Murphy's. Gotta get my grown man on ya know.

I feel you on this topic... I'm in my late 20's and feel the same way. Am I out growing them. I really don't wear 'em that often. I could sellthem but wouldn't get top dollar for them right now. Eventually everything will get sold for me. When your not rocking sick kicks in school anymore it justain't the same.

27 years old ... am I and old head? lol

Been collecting since the mid 90's.

I wear my jays where they are supposed to be worn - on the bball court

Hmm you might have to let a few of your pairs go OP...like how you are stating it, might as well keep the Jordans that go with Jeans in your collection.

I came across a few times where i would just look at the Jordans im wearing, and take em off and put some Air Maxes on instead.
I think this is usually when you know arent feeling them as much anymore.

I'm a recent college grad, and I have been wearing my J's less and less ever since HS...but its good in a way - keeps them a little fresher haha.

I usually wear my nicer J's at basketball events for family members/siblings, where they can be appreciated. I never really rocked J's at school, butluckily "Casual Fridays" are in effect at my work and I have gotten a few coworkers into kicks
smokin.gif

I'm 30 and I'm starting to outgrow my J's too. Used wear them on weekends but lately I've been looking for more comfortable shoes to wear. Istill sometimes wear XX3s for ballin' but started wearing them less for going out.

Not realistic to wear them everywhere, with everything, but I wear mine basically whenever I'm not working.

And remember: it's not how old you are, it's HOW you wear them with your own personal style.

That's the key - though you get older, you still find ways to wear them with originality.

I usually bust them out on the ladies after the first date to see if they are keepers or not.

Wear them around the house. Keep your shoes somewhat worn because if you wait too long... them sh*ts will break

You cant tell me there is no time to put some j's on Im a teacher and i still rock mine on the weekend some time.

Back
Top Bottom