Sponsor ForceField x Niketalk: Free Giveaway

mclilbit

ForceField
NikeTalk,

I’ve written hundreds, if not thousands of posts on this forum, but this is by far my most exciting one yet. Let me first introduce myself: I’m Will, but some of you, if you’re old enough to remember, know me as MClilbit. I joined NikeTalk on December 24, 1999 at the age of 15. Fast forward 18 years, and I’m now the new Brand Manager of ForceField.

As the new Brand Manager, one of my first orders of business is to make sure we support one of the most iconic sneaker forums in the history of sneakers. This forum has given sneakerheads a place to share, learn, and connect for almost 20 years. With that, I am pleased to announce that we are now an official sponsor of NikeTalk!

A bit more about ForceField:

ForceField is a premium line of shoe cleaners and protectors aimed at sneaker enthusiasts and avid collectors. Our heritage dates back to the Crease Preventer (launched in the early 2000's), a product that helps sneakerheads keep the toe-box of the Air Force One’s crease free. From there, the line has expanded to a full shoe care line including a Protector spray, Cleaning Kits, and (coming soon!) Deodorizing Footbed Protectors.

WE ARE GIVING OUT FREE PRODUCT!

Chances are, you’ve seen our product in Finish Line or Foot Locker but you’ve never given it a try. That’s why I’m giving out 100 of our ForceField Shoe Care Kits ($30 value) to the first 100 NTers to do the following:

1. Follow us on Instagram @ForceFieldFresh, if you don't have IG, we will accept a Twitter or Facebook post and tag.

2. Tag us in a photo using #ForceFieldFresh and #NikeTalkKicks showcasing your favorite kicks.

3. Comment on this thread with your Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook username in your post. (Please PM directly if you wish not to release your FB name in public.)

Official rules and terms can be found here: https://niketalk.com/ams/rules-and-terms-forcefield-shoe-care-kits-giveaway.25614/

Here’s to a great start to an incredible ForceField x NT partnership!

Sincerely,
Will aka “MClilbit”

Over the years, quite a few of our fellow members have turned their interest in sneakers or sports into a career. It's inspiring to see people who started posting here as teenagers go from sharing fan sketches to designing shoes for NBA All Stars, from talking about the NBA to playing in it, from posting mixtapes to recording gold albums, from waiting in line outside sneaker stores to owning one. We celebrate everyone's success, but it's especially cool to see some of those professionals find a way to give back.

Many of us who remember NikeTalk's earliest days were pleased to see mclilbit mclilbit check back in this past August to reconnect with old friends (https://niketalk.com/threads/calling-all-ogs-1999-2005ish.664847/). Not long afterwards, he accepted a position at ForceField and immediately reached out to see if he could help support the community and hook NikeTalk members up with free product.

A lot of the original members here on NikeTalk know Will as someone whose encyclopedic sneaker knowledge, and his desire to share that knowledge, stood out even on a community made by and for dedicated sneaker fans. He's always been happy to help out veterans and newcomers alike by dispensing information or words of encouragement.

Congrats on the new gig, Will! We appreciate your longtime and ongoing support for our community.

Dope for a giveaway to NT members but if you talking business just give product to various IG influencers before Crep protect takes everybody and becomes a household name in the sneaker cleaner world, if Jason Mark hasnt become the household name yet anyways. :lol:

Dope for a giveaway to NT members but if you talking business just give product to various IG influencers before Crep protect takes everybody and becomes a household name in the sneaker cleaner world, if Jason Mark hasnt become the household name yet anyways. :lol:

Depth > Width

Sometimes reaching the bigger audience has a lesser impact. Reaching a wide audience doesn't matter if they aren't engaging/don't care.

Giving back to 100 people in a community built around love for sneakers especially when the person giving is from that community and loves it themselves can have a more lasting impact for the brand.

Either way this is dope, period.

Agreed. Mark already has his products in UNDFT as well I believe.

Try getting the products in places maybe like kith, undftd, etc.

edit*

I see the point above too, which I cant def respect. I remember buying force field anti crease for my jordans when i was in middle school.

Don’t have social media. Does that mean I’m useless to this attempt to promote a product?
Will said he'd be happy to cut people a break and accept a Twitter post/tag instead. For anyone interested in trying out the product, that seems like a pretty minor time investment. If it's not worth it to you, no problem. It's your option.

I don't think anyone's tried to disguise the fact that this is a promotional post. It's our policy to clearly label all content - and we ask sponsors to speak for themselves whenever possible to ensure that all of our staff members' opinions are truly their own. This thread was given a green "Sponsor" label, and McLilbit's account has been assigned that label, too, so people can see that he's a verified representative of ForceField.

I get that not everyone wants to make social media posts promoting a product for their network of friends and followers, but different companies have different objectives and if they're going to give away product to our community members, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to decide that this is how they'd prefer to handle the promotion.

Roughly five years ago, Shoe City held a Twitter-based giveaway for NikeTalk members. In that case, sending out a Tweet with the required hashtag only entered people for a chance to win the grand prize. Here, the first 100 community members to do so are guaranteed to receive the prize - and Will's asking those interested to post here, too, to ensure that only NikeTalk community members will be eligible for the giveaway.

In years past, we've asked people, "what can we do to make NikeTalk even better?" "Exclusive deals and giveaways for NikeTalk members" has been a very common request.

I'm not here to encourage people to enter the contest. That's up to each person to decide for themselves. If you'd rather not bother with sponsored posts, you can avoid posts with those green labels - or even use the block/ignore feature to block users who represent sponsors.

When we started NikeTalk in 1999, most of us were still teenagers (myself included.) In many cases, all we really wanted was to get the brands' attention and encourage them to make products we liked - and, when they made reproductions of old shoes we liked, to make them correctly. As someone who's watched the online sneaker scene evolve for two decades now, I think it's been really cool to see that generation of kids grow up and see what changes they make to the companies and industries they're involved with. I haven't used this particular product, so I can't recommend it to you one way or another - but I know know Will, I'm happy for him, and I'm appreciative of his desire to try and do something nice for NikeTalk members that could be considered a win/win.

Don’t have social media. Does that mean I’m useless to this attempt to promote a product?
Not at all. The social aspect was to help us identify NikeTalk members on social, so that we can also follow and engage on other platforms. The idea here is to get the product in the hands of true sneakerheads, and that's why we wanted to partner with and sponsor NT.

Depth > Width

Sometimes reaching the bigger audience has a lesser impact. Reaching a wide audience doesn't matter if they aren't engaging/don't care.

Giving back to 100 people in a community built around love for sneakers especially when the person giving is from that community and loves it themselves can have a more lasting impact for the brand.

Either way this is dope, period.

Nah man. I know how this works, I get sponsored by quite a number of companies on IG pertainig to streetwear. It really is a numbers game in this case. The more exposure you get the better for you.

Give a product to someone who has 100k followers, he gets reblogged by a few repost streetwear accounts with anywhere from 50k-250k followers, maybe even get featured by Hypebeast or High Snobiety with 3-5 million followers and you see how much exposure you get? Ive been on HB and High Snob a couple times and my engagement and profile views were sky high. Imagine if I was promoting my own brand or something, tons of traffic.

Him giving away product here is like a local rapper getting love from his hood. I assume he wants his brand to get love from all over and not just local. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom