Found an iPhone... (? inside)

So last night I found an iPhone as I was getting out of a cab.

Truthfully, I know how frustrating it is to lose a phone. It's happened to me a few times and I was fortunate to have people return it to me (on two occasions). I'd like to do the same for the owner of this phone, but I'm having issues with it.

As a disclaimer, I don't know anything about iPhones (blackberry guy). Essentially, the screen is locked with a code and I can't get past that initial screen. People have texted the phone, but I can't respond, obviously...I don't think. Just trying to figure out if anyone knows a way to bypass that screen so I can get this back to the person. Someone suggested dropping it off at an AT&T store, but I'm not so sure they will do anything about it (or be able to give out the persons private info even if they can).

Any guidance would be appreciated.
pimp.gif

So last night I found an iPhone as I was getting out of a cab.

Truthfully, I know how frustrating it is to lose a phone. It's happened to me a few times and I was fortunate to have people return it to me (on two occasions). I'd like to do the same for the owner of this phone, but I'm having issues with it.

As a disclaimer, I don't know anything about iPhones (blackberry guy). Essentially, the screen is locked with a code and I can't get past that initial screen. People have texted the phone, but I can't respond, obviously...I don't think. Just trying to figure out if anyone knows a way to bypass that screen so I can get this back to the person. Someone suggested dropping it off at an AT&T store, but I'm not so sure they will do anything about it (or be able to give out the persons private info even if they can).

Any guidance would be appreciated.
pimp.gif

I would say post it on Craigslist of your city and title it "Found iPhone in Cab..would like to return to owner" and if someone replies to the email be like "Call the phone at exactly 6:45" and if you get a call then you know it's the right person and you can meet up and give it to them..That's pretty much the best way because you can't even pick up a call if he calls you without putting in the code

I would say post it on Craigslist of your city and title it "Found iPhone in Cab..would like to return to owner" and if someone replies to the email be like "Call the phone at exactly 6:45" and if you get a call then you know it's the right person and you can meet up and give it to them..That's pretty much the best way because you can't even pick up a call if he calls you without putting in the code

Craiglist is the last place I would go to if I lost my phone, I don't even know how you consider that.
laugh.gif

Craiglist is the last place I would go to if I lost my phone, I don't even know how you consider that.
laugh.gif

I think you can bring it to the AT&T store and they can pop out the sim, get the information. That's a guess.

Props for being a good person though.

I think you can bring it to the AT&T store and they can pop out the sim, get the information. That's a guess.

AT&T store sounds like a good idea

waits for hackers to come in and tell OP how to get inside that phone.

AT&T store sounds like a good idea

waits for hackers to come in and tell OP how to get inside that phone.

why not call the person who texts the phone next and ask who it belongs to?

or the at&T sounds good too

go to the att store ask them if they can find out the owner and call for you(not give you the # or any info) let you speak with the owner or leave a message with the owner to see how to best handle the situation from there.

go to the att store ask them if they can find out the owner and call for you(not give you the # or any info) let you speak with the owner or leave a message with the owner to see how to best handle the situation from there.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Originally Posted by oidreez

I can't make calls or respond to the texts while the phone is locked (as far as I can tell). If I could, then I probably wouldn't be asking for help.

Originally Posted by oidreez

I can't make calls or respond to the texts while the phone is locked (as far as I can tell). If I could, then I probably wouldn't be asking for help.

You can just restore the iphone through itunes so you can be able to call one of his contacts and tell them that you found his found and that you'd like to return it. That way you'll know you're giving it to the rightful owner That's what I would do. Or you could keep the passcode on and when you meet up with the person that responds to your found iphone listing. When you meet in person ask the person what the passcode is and if it's right then that's their phone and return it or run like hell. 

You can just restore the iphone through itunes so you can be able to call one of his contacts and tell them that you found his found and that you'd like to return it. That way you'll know you're giving it to the rightful owner That's what I would do. Or you could keep the passcode on and when you meet up with the person that responds to your found iphone listing. When you meet in person ask the person what the passcode is and if it's right then that's their phone and return it or run like hell. 

Restore it, jailbreak, and unlock = $

But going to ATT would be the best bet. Don't give them the phone, some employees are grimey. Apple Store won't do anything for you.

Restore it, jailbreak, and unlock = $

But going to ATT would be the best bet. Don't give them the phone, some employees are grimey. Apple Store won't do anything for you.

Back
Top Bottom