• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
New Mutants Reshoots Could Be Almost Half the Movie

It’s now being reported that The New Mutants could result in almost half the movie being re-filmed, in an effort to add characters and make the whole thing scarier.

Comic Book is reporting that the reshoots are indeed meant to make The New Mutants scarier and more of a proper horror film (with mutants). Apparently, director Josh Boone was happy with his cut but the studio wanted something that was even more tonally unique for the X-Men movie franchise, a la Deadpool and Logan. As such, the film is now undergoing more extensive reshoots and it’s speculated that as much as 50% of the project will have been redone, by the time that the reshoots are complete.

Along with the film being made scarier, the reshoots will add at least one new character, possibly two. These won’t be small parts either, as the report indicates they will be part of the movie throughout – thus the major reshoots.

https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-movie-reshoots-changes/
The MCU would not be able to operate if they delay releases due to massive reshoots.

I gotta think the difference is that Feige is involved in each movie from the ground up but his equivalent in other studios are waiting until these directors are done shooting to put their two cents in.

Making it an actual horror flick is definitely one of the reasons I thought this was happening.

But possibly 2 new characters in it is a but sloppy. Of course 50% will have to be reshoots can't do the janky editing where they just pretend the character in every scene but every shot on them they're by themselves and its clearly a green screen background :lol:

Don't care either way but wouldn't be surprised IF this happened... The deal should be done by that time.

Disney treating it like Cloverfield Paradox if it came down to it...

:rofl:

THATS ****ED UP :rofl:

That would be Feige straight up smothering the release so it has little to no impact and so the MCU can just do their own thing.

Stranger Things, wow :smh:

This sale gets announced and they go in to complete free fall.

These are suppose to be your tentpole blockbusters.

wow if true, 50% of the film maybe reshot because the execs are telling the director it's not scary enough?

it tested well and the directors happy with his cut, just release the damn film

Now, Collider may have shed some further light on what's going on and things aren't sounding good for the Josh Boone helmed release. While the movie has been testing well, it's still not "scary" enough and even though the director was reportedly happy with the cut of The New Mutants he delivered, the reshoots taking place now are even more significant and at least 50% of the movie may be reshot.

It's also said that the studio is looking to add at least one or two new characters who are going to be present throughout the entire movie so we're not talking about the odd cameo here. Boone, meanwhile, has been having creative differences with the studio over some of these changes so it's no wonder The New Mutants has been delayed so significantly; what will become if it remains to be seen.

In the case of X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the site adds that the biggest reason for the delay are scheduling issues with bringing key cast members back who are busy with other projects and the fact that the studio will need time to complete certain visual effects for key scenes.

Fox execs never learn from past mistakes :smh:
I'm not so sure why fox execs even trying this hard unless they're trying to kiss up for a job at Disney

Also I wonder if these execs making these reshoot decisions have at least gone to film school like Feige

Last edited:
Same thing as Sony and WB...Execs just cant seem to keep their hands off these movies...If the movie is testing good and Boone is happy with how it turned out then what’s the problem?

These studio higher ups are under the delusion that they dictate what the audience wants in a movie instead of, you know, actually listening to what the audience is telling them they want...

New Mutants as a horror film was a great concept...Then news of the PG-13 rating...Then push back because it’s not super hero themed enough...Now push back again because it’s not scary enough...Am I getting that right? That’s absurd...

Same thing as Sony and WB...Execs just cant seem to keep their hands off these movies...If the movie is testing good and Boone is happy with how it turned out then what’s the problem?

These studio higher ups are under the delusion that they dictate what the audience wants in a movie instead of, you know, actually listening to what the audience is telling them they want...

New Mutants as a horror film was a great concept...Then news of the PG-13 rating...Then push back because it’s not super hero themed enough...Now push back again because it’s not scary enough...Am I getting that right? That’s absurd...
Does sound absurd. Sounds indecisive. Know what you want. Hire the director to make the movie that you want. Make sure that you're on the same page before you start filming. That way you could limit your reshoots (even marvel studios does reshoots but not to the extent of 50 percent). That should be a simple formula.

By the way, bringing this up in here because I'm temporarily banning myself from mcu thread:

But is anyone else concerned about Infinity War's review embargo being lifted so close to release date???? MARVEL NEVER DOES THAT.

Seems like the new trend...Get these movies approved for production, start / nearly complete the movie, then order re-shoots to completely change the tone of the movie...I’m not sure how that’s a sound practice but it just keeps happening...

By the way, bringing this up in here because I'm temporarily banning myself from mcu thread:

But is anyone else concerned about Infinity War's review embargo being lifted so close to release date???? MARVEL NEVER DOES THAT.

but Disney does with their Star Wars franchise

the main reason is to keep as much spoiler out of the public as possible

Seems like the new trend...Get these movies approved for production, start / nearly complete the movie, then order re-shoots to completely change the tone of the movie...I’m not sure how that’s a sound practice but it just keeps happening...
Fox recently has been financially economical with how they've been able to gross decently well with movie costs being kept down as much as possible (for example, they budget their movies lower than marvel studios)

But these reshoots should be pretty expensive. They midas well burn money lol

DZXeF2KU8AAXbV4.jpg:large

DZXeGoiVwAAQsFN.jpg:large

DZXeHPaUQAAi7Dw.jpg:large

DZXeHv3VAAEFL6a.jpg:large

DZXeINyU0AUBTiD.jpg:large

DZXeIrIVMAAreTP.jpg:large

DZXeJEVVAAEbULj.jpg:large

DZXeJfhUQAIQwrN.jpg:large

DZXeJ9nUMAECQFX.jpg:large

DZXeKVeVoAAvnC9.jpg:large

DZXeK7hV4AAbS7J.jpg:large

DZXeLYZVAAAEj0l.jpg:large

DZXeL3wVAAAicif.jpg:large

DZXeMSLVwAEk1bU.jpg:large

DZXeMonVwAE-7uj.jpg:large

^^^Donald Glover is the MAN
I don't know if its part of that twitter rant or it was in an interview, but he said he needed a "white translator" when meeting with FX to pitch Atlanta. He said "If they truly knew what I was going to make, it wouldn't have aired."

Back
Top Bottom