Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
wow if true, 50% of the film maybe reshot because the execs are telling the director it's not scary enough?

it tested well and the directors happy with his cut, just release the damn film
Boone should give the A Serbian Film level of "scary".

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Reshoots Said To Revolve Around The Third Act; Will Reportedly Cost Less Than $10 Million

Following a pair of reports from yesterday, a far more substantiated report has been released by The Hollywood Reporter, revealing that the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix reshoots will actually only focus on reworking the film's third act.

According to their sources, the movie wrapped under-budget last fall and has already completed a decent amount of post-production work. However, it appears as though first-time director Simon Kinberg and the studio were less-than-satisfied with the film's final act and realized it needed some serious reworking, hence the reshoots. With their stars' schedules already booked for a majority of the year, the studio decided it would be in everyone's best interest to move the film back three months rather than rush an unfinished product into theaters this November.

The additional photography, which is expected to take place sometime in late summer/early fall with new script pages from Kinberg, will reportedly cost around $10 million to complete, which seemingly suggests that they'll be mostly filming new dialogue and/or some of the less-demanding action beats rather than anything CGI-heavy or introducing a new character - something that was rumored in one of yesterday's reports.

THR also says that the studio had been debating moving the film for several weeks now due to competition from Disney's Nutcracker and the Four Realms on November 2nd, but had yet to pull the trigger until now. Their new Valentine's Day date will allow the film to open during a weekend that has been very fruitful to action features in recent years, including Deadpool in 2016, John Wick: Chapter 2in 2017, and Black Panther earlier this year. It also essentially guarantees Dark Phoenix an uninterrupted box office run until Captain Marvel opens on March 8.

DZXeF2KU8AAXbV4.jpg:large

DZXeGoiVwAAQsFN.jpg:large

DZXeHPaUQAAi7Dw.jpg:large

DZXeHv3VAAEFL6a.jpg:large

DZXeINyU0AUBTiD.jpg:large

DZXeIrIVMAAreTP.jpg:large

DZXeJEVVAAEbULj.jpg:large

DZXeJfhUQAIQwrN.jpg:large

DZXeJ9nUMAECQFX.jpg:large

DZXeKVeVoAAvnC9.jpg:large

DZXeK7hV4AAbS7J.jpg:large

DZXeLYZVAAAEj0l.jpg:large

DZXeL3wVAAAicif.jpg:large

DZXeMSLVwAEk1bU.jpg:large

DZXeMonVwAE-7uj.jpg:large

:rofl:

Yo I dunno man. I read the first few pages and I'm like this reads like the voice of a black comedian :lol: that is very topical with jokes in 2018. It was good but didn't feel like DP until much later on.

I'm left thinking Donald should go to marvel comics and create his own comical vigilante or create his own animated series. I'm sure Netflix would give it the greenlight.

Last edited:
Gambit allegedly starts filming June 19 in New Orleans. Director announcement coming soon

:rofl:

Yo I dunno man. I read the first few pahes and I'm like this reads like the voice of a black comedian :lol: that is very topical with jokes in 2018. It was good but didn't feel like DP until much later on.

I'm left thinking Donals should go to marvel comics and create his own comical vigilante or create his own animated series. I'm sure Netflix would give it the greenlight.

its a mock script and he pretty much described what happened with the execs and why they cancelled the show

I don't understand why they just wouldn't announce a director before the start date though.
I'd believe the start date if a director was locked in already.

but they didn't exactly announce that they are going to start filming either, it s a rumor/report by another outlet so technically they have nothing to announce at this point

Taylor Swift May Have Been The "Last Straw" That Led To The Cancellation Of The DEADPOOL Animated Series

Donald Glover recently shared a series of Tweets and a fake script for the cancelled Deadpool animated series which suggested that the split with Marvel Television and FX was anything but amicable, and now his brother and and collaborator Stephen Glover has followed suit.

Stephen has suggested that those supposed "creative differences" may have been more a case of the Marvel higher-ups panicking about the increasingly anarchic and "black" tone of the show, with an episode involving pop megastar Taylor Swift, in particular, giving them cause for concern.

Though he has since deleted the Tweets, The Wrap caught 'em:

“There definitely was a Taylor Swift episode. It was HILARIOUS. And it was definitely the last straw lol.”

“Our show wasn’t too black. It wasn’t really that black at all. But we definitely wanted to give ‘Rick and Morty’ a run for their money and I think we would have. Proud of the gang.”

Jon Hamm Was Supposed to Appear in THE NEW MUTANTS as Mr. Sinister, But Not Anymore
MovieThe New MutantsJon HammJosh Boone16 Hours Agoby Joey Paur

As you know Josh Boone's The New Mutants has been going through some big changes. Earlier this week, we learned that Fox wanted 50% of the film reshot because they didn't feel it was scary enough. That has been confirmed to be true. The reason they want it to be scarier is because of the success of Stephen King's IT. It's funny because at first, the studio was hesitant to make this a horror film, now they are pushing it to be scarier. It's explained:

Fox cut a trailer for New Mutants that played up the scary elements from the film, essentially selling it as a straight-up horror movie — this despite the fact that in its first test screening, New Mutants scored the exact same number as the first screening of Deadpool and besides the very end, reshoots were deemed unnecessary. However, because of that well-received trailer, audiences were now expecting a horror movie.
So now, I guess that's what we're getting, which I thought we were getting in the first place. One of the other things that were revealed is that Jon Hamm was supposed to appear in the film as the classic X-Men villain Mr. Sinister, which would have been awesome! But... that's not happening anymore.

All of this information comes from The Tracking Board, who has a strong record with this kind of reporting. This is what they had to say about Hamm playing Mr. Sinister:

Meanwhile, remember the Essex Corporation that was teased at the end of X-Men: Apocalypse? Well not only was New Mutants going to feature that mysterious company, but The Tracking Board has learned that Jon Hamm was originally going to appear as Mr. Sinister in a tag at the end of New Mutants, and Boone filmed material that led up to that reveal, only for Fox to change their minds after shooting had been completed.

That's a shame. I think the fans would have really dug that. At this point, I'm afraid that now the studio is so heavily involved that this movie is in danger of not being as good as it could have been. The reason Deadpool and Logan worked is because the creative team gave them the freedom to tell the story they thought was appropriate. It sounds like with The New Mutants, the studio is calling the shots, and that's worrisome.

The report goes on to say that there will still be a big villain revealed at the end. We don't know who exactly that villain will be, but he will be played by Antonio Banderas.

We also learn in the report that Warlock was another mutant character who was originally supposed to appear in the movie, but the studio felt he would have been too expensive to bring to life. So instead they are reshooting 50% of the film because that's not expensive at all. Warlock is a freakin' cool character, who is a member of the Technarchy race and has the power to infect living creatures with a techno-organic virus.

Hopefully, these characters will make their way to the big screen eventually. It'd be a shame if they weren't brought to life at some point. Seems like not utilizing Warlock and Jon Hamm as Mr. Sinister in The New Mutants is a missed opportunity. I really hope whatever is being done to this movie works and that it ends up being a better film because of it.

The New Mutants is currently set to open on August 2, 2019.

Jon Hamm Was Supposed to Appear in THE NEW MUTANTS as Mr. Sinister, But Not Anymore
MovieThe New MutantsJon HammJosh Boone16 Hours Agoby Joey Paur

As you know Josh Boone's The New Mutants has been going through some big changes. Earlier this week, we learned that Fox wanted 50% of the film reshot because they didn't feel it was scary enough. That has been confirmed to be true. The reason they want it to be scarier is because of the success of Stephen King's IT. It's funny because at first, the studio was hesitant to make this a horror film, now they are pushing it to be scarier. It's explained:

Fox cut a trailer for New Mutants that played up the scary elements from the film, essentially selling it as a straight-up horror movie — this despite the fact that in its first test screening, New Mutants scored the exact same number as the first screening of Deadpool and besides the very end, reshoots were deemed unnecessary. However, because of that well-received trailer, audiences were now expecting a horror movie.
So now, I guess that's what we're getting, which I thought we were getting in the first place. One of the other things that were revealed is that Jon Hamm was supposed to appear in the film as the classic X-Men villain Mr. Sinister, which would have been awesome! But... that's not happening anymore.

All of this information comes from The Tracking Board, who has a strong record with this kind of reporting. This is what they had to say about Hamm playing Mr. Sinister:

Meanwhile, remember the Essex Corporation that was teased at the end of X-Men: Apocalypse? Well not only was New Mutants going to feature that mysterious company, but The Tracking Board has learned that Jon Hamm was originally going to appear as Mr. Sinister in a tag at the end of New Mutants, and Boone filmed material that led up to that reveal, only for Fox to change their minds after shooting had been completed.

That's a shame. I think the fans would have really dug that. At this point, I'm afraid that now the studio is so heavily involved that this movie is in danger of not being as good as it could have been. The reason Deadpool and Logan worked is because the creative team gave them the freedom to tell the story they thought was appropriate. It sounds like with The New Mutants, the studio is calling the shots, and that's worrisome.

The report goes on to say that there will still be a big villain revealed at the end. We don't know who exactly that villain will be, but he will be played by Antonio Banderas.

We also learn in the report that Warlock was another mutant character who was originally supposed to appear in the movie, but the studio felt he would have been too expensive to bring to life. So instead they are reshooting 50% of the film because that's not expensive at all. Warlock is a freakin' cool character, who is a member of the Technarchy race and has the power to infect living creatures with a techno-organic virus.

Hopefully, these characters will make their way to the big screen eventually. It'd be a shame if they weren't brought to life at some point. Seems like not utilizing Warlock and Jon Hamm as Mr. Sinister in The New Mutants is a missed opportunity. I really hope whatever is being done to this movie works and that it ends up being a better film because of it.

The New Mutants is currently set to open on August 2, 2019.
Reading this made me lol

I'm expecting BvS level disorganization at this point for this movie

I was gonna say w/e

:lol: But first Hamm was playing Mr. Sinster and was changed for Miss Sinster.

At least its a good thing those rumors of Jessica playing a Skrull queen or Lilandra may not be true. Pale *** Sinister fits better.

Expect for Dark Phoenix to be pushed back again. With Captain Marvel releasing around March, Marvel won’t let Fox stink up the idea of Skrulls to the general public within that close of a time frame.

How is Fox introducing Miss Sinister, but not Mr. Sinister? My goodness, it doesn't make sense.

How is Fox introducing Miss Sinister, but not Mr. Sinister? My goodness, it doesn't make sense.
I feel like it doesn't even have to matter.

Probably no origin was gonna be established for either in the movie anyway.

Sinister's origin is pretty long and convoluted and involves Apocalypse. Miss Sinister's origin is pretty weak and simple anyway.

Back
Top Bottom