Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
It makes no sense that fox gave us such a great xmen cartoon series but refused to use it as inspiration or as a template for their movies. Not the costumes, characters, stories, or anything good.

Same deal with DC. It's like they refuse to review good source material.

X-men failed because even up to this point they’re still following comic book movie rules from 1999. Throw realism out the door when you need to and embrace the ridiculousness of the “everything”. How are they STILL getting the costumes wrong? How are they STILL focusing on the wrong characters? How are they STILL dumbing down stories to make them work in fast forward? Why do they STILL think everything needs explanation? Drop us I n the middle of the X-men world in full swing and deliver on characters alone and you have a good movie. ****ing copy X-men ep1 cartoon word for word line by line and you’d have a good movie

Last edited:
What I hated was that it wasn't even ignorance that prevented fox and company from using better aesthetics. They were actively going against the grain.

Like the visual efx people showed Singer a head shot of how they can make Apocalype look like - it looked like the cartoon come to life - and Singer said no :lol:

It was really as simple as saying yes to his visual people to make Apocalypse look like...Apocalypse.

This xmen fails for the same reason x1 failed.. same reason transformers movies fail.. same reason a lot of CBMs fail

You have people involved who don't respect the source material.. who simply see the dollars being made

Their focus isn't making good movies of the material they have

They don't take seriously what they have and they don't take the core audience seriously.. same goes for minority viewership in anything

You have numerous examples at this point and going on 30 years that quality films can be made of this but they don't care and continue to assume

It's why the biggest thing some took away from deadpool was the R rating

You can do it.. but look at Nolan batman, for as real as it is perceived to be

Who the hell is surviving jumping from the balcony of a damn penthouse?!

Let alone punching off pieces of walls or healing their back with some pushups

To make things work the entire mutant prejudice thing would make a huge impact in today’s world but it’s also the one thing fox-men played out a LONG time ago. All a complete waste

Tell me more.

Aint no way I'm listening to the podcast.
It makes no sense that fox gave us such a great xmen cartoon series but refused to use it as inspiration or as a template for their movies. Not the costumes, characters, stories, or anything good.
Same reason DC didn't use the JL animated series or BTAS to adapt their movies.

They think they know better. The directors and producers think they can tell the stories better. Thats what happens when some dudes who arent that talented are put in charge.

Last edited:
You can do it.. but look at Nolan batman, for as real as it is perceived to be

Who the hell is surviving jumping from the balcony of a damn penthouse?!

Let alone punching off pieces of walls or healing their back with some pushups

:lol: :lol:

I liked TDKR but that part always bugged me out. and also how the gov't just fell back and let Bane take over a whole city

Wild to just sputter out like that when they had control of source material and characters that were probably the most popular in comicdom.

watched Dark Phoenix today, wife is a fan of the actors and actually brought up the point that besides Mavoy, we don't get too many Fassbender films.

Whats funny is that she smoked beforehand, but I laughed the most out of both of us.
All of Cyclops lines had him running around like an abused housewife, dude was rockin a black eye from her talkin about
"I know it wasn't the real you."
"You could never hurt me."
"She doesn't know what she's doing."

I've always been disappointed in Cyclops in general, Always thought he'd be the Captain America before Cap made it to the MCU, completely misused and turned into a simp for Jean, moping around.
There were just things inserted or forced in this film to have it make sense, I can't even give "the only good part was..." because in reality there really aren't any good parts. In fact it looked like the budget was badly misused.
Basically what you see QS do in the space shuttle is what you get.

Even though Feige would obviously do it proper, no way he touches Phoenix storyline in 20 years lol.
Hoping we get Mr. Sinister when they join the MCU

Watched the film a few days ago and honestly it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Granted it was still awful though. Jessica Chastain got the easiest check of her life. The acting in the film was on point however. And I lowkey nerded out over the Dazzler cameo. The movie showed some glimpses of actual good things like Professor X not being portrayed as this knowledgeable saint and more of what he was in the comics, someone prone to narcissism and can’t seeing any fault in his doings even when things turn into ****.

Sophie Turner’s chest game >>>>

Sophbae Turner was lookin :pimp:

film was unnecessary tho :lol:

McAvoy lookin like he walked across the street from filmin Split/Glass. Turtleneck and errything.

Fassbender was the MVP.

Jessica Chastain :smh:

What the Vuk was her purpose?????
They aint eem name her Lilandra.

Like lame said, easy check. They just made her some alien host. Weird but great shots of her face though, I love her face for some reason.

Why this dude Kinberg gave Nightcrawler Wolverine's berserker rage? :lol:

I would really like to see how the original ending of this was similar to the CM ending. Instead of sacrificing herself does Jean destroy a bunch of alien ships and then fly off to space? :lol:

The entire narrative and character work for Jean was pure drivel.

Last edited:
Kinberg didn’t have full autonomy with this film. No excuse for it’s massive shortcomings but there’s something to be said about your new Mouse and Savior ordering you to change scenes at the 11th hour. I don’t understand for the life of me why Kinberg would tackle Dark Phoenix again however. I mean it’s an iconic Xmen story but it’s overrated. It’s not even the best Claremont Xmen story. God Loves, Man Kills >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dark Phoenix 3.8/8

Not worth seeing. Kinberg ****s the bed Cartman style in his directorial debut. Cant even really compliment his style or vision as a director. The movie felt bland and looked bland. A lot of shots were generic or just reminded of other directors who worked in this franchise. At times it felt like Kinberg was paying homage to all of the other mediocre FoX-Men movies.

Miss me with any excuses made for Kinberg. Fam is simply not good at this.

Character wise, it's the same as usual; a bunch of cardboard cutout characters given popular X-Men names to stand in the background, say a few lines and act as fodder for fights. Once again the push is in Magneto and Xavier with a dash of Beast and the return of annoying Mystique but not for long cuz Mystique finally dies and we're given this new out of the blue narrative for Jean Grey cuz a story about her and the Phoenix can be done in 2 hours efficiently, competently, and coherently but keep in mind this builds off of nothing from the previous movie Apocalypse AT ALL.

So there's this wishy washy coming of age bull **** character arc for Jean. The pushing to somehow involve Magneto in all of this and this weird shift in dynamic where Charles Xavier is being shone in this light where he is this sly manipulative egotistical pompous bastard taskmaster that tricks kids in to fighting battles for him in order to manifest his dream of mutants and humans coexisting while he sacrifices the youth of teenagers and lives of his adult friends to achieve said dream. So when he buries the memories of Jean when she kills her mother in a car accident its implied he did it somhe could use Jean not to spare a child that horrible trauma. They even got him pressing Hank to turn their jet in to a spaceship quickly to rush out and save humans.

Then we get to the villain. Chastain basically sleepwalkss as this poorly conceived monotone body snatching alien that wants to take the phoenix force from Jean or control it in order to wipe out humanity and the ressurrect her massacred alien race on earth. Basically Zod's plan from MoS just with different tools and no codes cuz Phoenix force will magically/comically bring back an entire alien race. She acts as a weak *** Shaw (from the comics) manipulating Jean to end up tricking her.

The story is not good and consistently below average.

The acting in this is serviceable. The action only gets good in the 3rd act up to the point Jean goes full Phoenix X3 Last Stand style.

Back
Top Bottom