Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

Got my popcorn ready ..

popcorn-guy-2.gif
lol dude is wild

It's not stupid if you understand simple economics. Look up: "dot com bubble"

There's two options
1) stop feeding resellers, services etc
2) wait until it gets so bad that significant change has to come from the source, Nike

Which do you thinks gonna happen first? Ain't no way enough people are gonna stop buying in the after market. Those vapors are going for stupid money when JB had put out countless shoes that look like that that sat.
I dunno man, I have a degree in economics, and it seems pretty stupid..

It's not like some red phone at Nike is gonna ring and they'll drop a reseller nuke.. These ATCs will adapt, just like you have adapted.

2 years ago, you only had to pay someone standing in a line. Now, you pay someone to manage a virtual line.

Bubble will burst when the perceived value is less than the actual value.  If you buy a shoe for less than you're willing to pay for it, there's consumer surplus on the table.

Resellers and ATCs are only taking a portion of consumer surplus in the market, and you're arguing that if they take more, it will affect a supply side change on what grounds exactly?

I dont really care if the bubble bursts or not though..

I want these, I'll probably miss, life goes on.

Last edited:
People keep saying the sneaker bubble will burst and I haven't seen that happen yet. Heard that talk for years and buying sneakers has only gotten harder since then, not easier

I dunno man, I have a degree in economics, and it seems pretty stupid..

It's not like some red phone at Nike is gonna ring and they'll drop a reseller nuke.. These ATCs will adapt, just like you have adapted.

2 years ago, you only had to pay someone standing in a line. Now, you pay someone to manage a virtual line.

Bubble will burst when the perceived value is less than the actual value.  If you buy a shoe for less than you're willing to pay for it, there's consumer surplus on the table.

Resellers and ATCs are only taking a portion of consumer surplus in the market, and you're arguing that if they take more, it will affect a supply side change on what grounds exactly?

I dont really care if the bubble bursts or not though..

I want these, I'll probably miss, life goes on.
Are you going to pay resellers price if you don't get it?

Without hesitation, bro, YES!

These shoes will be the thing that finally makes me happy.

Last edited:
To me, it doesn't seem like the resellers are making the same money they were making maybe 2 years ago. They only see profit when it's a really limited release, whereas before, you were able to make money a decent amount of money off GRs as well as limited releases. Now we see more resellers losing profit or doing whatever it takes to break even.

I don't see the bubble bursting any time soon though.

dudes is dumb, no bubble in sight
Not just him, I've heard that multiple times in these forums. I don't see it happening anytime soon either and if nike finesses it right maybe never (not actual never, but a real long time).

Also I liked the fragment logo better when it had a black outline, who agrees?

To me, it doesn't seem like the resellers are making the same money they were making maybe 2 years ago. They only see profit when it's a really limited release, whereas before, you were able to make money a decent amount of money off GRs as well as limited releases. Now we see more resellers losing profit or doing whatever it takes to break even.

I don't see the bubble bursting any time soon though.
Yes there is truth to that but even with GRs if you have the right clientele and/or get pairs under retail you can still make some nice change. Not as much as two years ago but still better than nothing. With the limited stuff if you wind up getting pairs youcan make thousands in one day, if not more

don't need an econ degree for anything 
roll.gif

but only the second tier resellers are touching the product these days.

way more profit for the ATC twitter jockeys

pennies on the cart for the developers, but they do just fine I'm sure 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom