FREE MONEY FROM THE EQUIFAX BREACH

$125? I took the free 4 years of 3 credit bureau monitoring + 6 years of Equifax monitoring. Add up how much that costs if you paid out of pocket for 10 years and that’s the better value, IMO.

On a side note, I enter every damn class action settlement I get notice of. I promise half the time they don’t even check if you’re eligible to get a payout. The most I’ve received so far is $400+ a few months ago from some debt collector phone call settlement. :pimp: :pimp:

$125? I took the free 4 years of 3 credit bureau monitoring + 6 years of Equifax monitoring. Add up how much that costs if you paid out of pocket for 10 years and that’s the better value, IMO.

On a side note, I enter every damn class action settlement I get notice of. I promise half the time they don’t even check if you’re eligible to get a payout. The most I’ve received so far is $400+ a few months ago from some debt collector phone call settlement. :pimp: :pimp:

Which is why it’s worth the shot!!! Half the people affected by probably won’t even know. So, f**** letting the lawyers pocket it all. Get yours. It’s worth asking

I don't think a lot of folks realize they have these services for free either through a bank account, loan or credit card. Couple that with the 3 free annual reports from annualcreditreport.com and you don't really have to pay.

From the fine print:

"If there are more than $31 million claims for Alternative Reimbursement Compensation, all payments for Alternative Reimbursement Compensation will be lowered and distributed on a proportional basis."

It's probably going to surpass $31MM. I wouldn't be expecting $125, probably more like $5-$10.

Last edited:
submitted for my $125 since it says i was affected

thanks.. my homie sent this to me yesterday and i just brushed it off and forgot bout it till i just seen this thread

I don't think a lot of folks realize they have these services for free either through a bank account, loan or credit card. Couple that with the 3 free annual reports from annualcreditreport.com and you don't really have to pay.

Just depends which kind of monitoring it is. Some just alert you any time something changes on your report, while some actually provide monthly credit reports. The latter costs like $20-40/month, depending on who you use. I have no clue what kind the free one will be, but just in case I’m able to pull monthly reports, I figured I’d go that route.

I just don't feel like it's necessary if you monitor your credit on your own anyways which IMO you should be doing regularly.

Its really not that difficult.

QFT, already check my ish regularly, plus all these banks/apps already monitor for you, give me my damn money

Imma put monitoring in the hands of the ppl that were hacked in the first place :lol: cmon man

Thanks for posting link op

I just don't feel like it's necessary if you monitor your credit on your own anyways which IMO you should be doing regularly.

Yea yea should already have (free) freezes/locks on your report with all of the bureaus, which you only temporarily remove for a car/house/credit card application. You can also sign up at bankrate/creditkarma/etc and you get a weekly email with any changes to your score, instant email if it’s a new account that popped up. Very easy.

Exactly. It's almost laughable that they're trying to offer free service when that same service is what got my information compromised in the first place.

I used to pay for the three reports and credit monitoring with all three credit unions. It's all a waste of money, and they make it difficult for you to cancel or close your membership.

Experian was deducting $23 out of my bank account monthly even after I canceled after the free membership. If you take the free service, I'd say watch them closely.

I took the cash payout and documented the money I spent on credit monitoring with Experian. At least I'll be able to get a portion of that back. I'm good on paying any of the three major credit unions for anything. The whole system is a scam.

A lot of folks don't even have bank accounts. Let's be real.

How do you pull your credit report on your own though? Outside of doing it for free annually, there is no way to check it regularly on your own that I’m aware of.

There isn't, but there are so many sites now that use a formula pretty close to the ones the three credit unions use to generate your score, it really doesn't feel like it's necessary anymore.

I keep track mostly using Credit Karma and CreditWise (which comes with my Capital One account).

Pulling the actual report, unless you're doing it once a year, is probably something you're going to have to pay for. Different things work for different people. I was hyper-focused on creating a credit history when I was paying for a full membership with Experian, so it probably helped a lot in teaching me the things I need to pay close attention to, and what factors weigh the heaviest.

While I haven’t gotten that much, I do randomly get checks. Last one was for like $90 for SiriusXM lawsuit :lol:

Back
Top Bottom