Free Run+ 2 & iD - NSW iDs (Trail-inspired) NOW UP!

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Hey guys, im interested in a pair of Free Runs for gym work/running/training.

Im a little tight on money right now since the school semester started, but I have a pair of AM90's that to me are comfortable. They do feel a little high of the ground which I wish were a little lower. I have run in them a few times, not the greatest comfort but the best of any shoe I have which are mostly basketball shoes that I play in.

Would the Free Runs be significanlty better than the AM90s?
Same position, but AM95s. 

All AMs are a joke when it comes to actual running, imho. I've run in AM (93s and 95s) when I first started to get into running since it was all I had at the time, and I could never surpass 3mi without feeling pain or getting blisters, so I decided to test the new tech out. Ever since I got with the times and updated my running shoes (Zoom/Lunar/Free), I've been injury free and raced two full marathons and one 1/2.

I agree with Ray, don't even bother tryin Air Max retros for running, I can't even finish a mile on a treadmill in 95s

Originally Posted by sneakerfreak9

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Would you happen to know anywhere I can still get them?
Good luck man, I'm still searching myself. I just received my chlorine blues today and the colors were much brighter than expected
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Not sure if you guys have seen yet, but NDC has some all red Frees. Color is not Challenge Red but its University Red.

http://store.nike.com/us/...1/pid-441695/pgid-441691
I seen them in person at my local stores, but it's just not the same. Are the soles on these supposed to be dingy? I wasn't sure if it was because of them being display pairs or that's just how they are.
Anyways, I'm very late, but I'm VERY happy that I finally got my first pair of Free Runs. I put them on right away and have been wearing them nonstop since. These are easily the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned.
pimp.gif

Now if I could just get a pair of Challenge Reds and I'm done.
devil.gif

Thinkin' about picking up my first pair of Frees. How is the fit? True to size? My LG3s and Lunareclipse are 11.5.

I usually wear a 9.5 or 10, but I got a 10.5 in these. There's a little room, but nothing major. I usually wear thick socks, so it doesn't bother me.

Probably gonna order a pair of Nike Free IDs next weekend, maybe even two depending on my success with the Cement IVs and Cloak Kobe VIIs
laugh.gif

Obviously all NYK-themed. Any thoughts? Leaning towards this first one for my first pair and then maybe the second one for my second pair (If I do get one). Planning to place a NYK logo on the tongue when I get them in, which I think would look better on the white-based ones (First one)

5mep8l.jpg

10zbpch.jpg

v5ldi0.jpg

vsc9at.jpg

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Anyways, I'm very late, but I'm VERY happy that I finally got my first pair of Free Runs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I put them on right away and have been wearing them nonstop since. These are easily the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. [/color]
pimp.gif

Same. I got the same pair Friday and ive been wearing them EVERYWHERE. I did pay full price at Sports Authority
sick.gif
cause I could not find the black/white anywhere but online and didnt have the time to go check the Nike outlets. I dont really care cause they are worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.
pimp.gif

I'm glad they worked out well for you, Playoff and 10P!

Crazy: I'm diggin' the first design then the second.

I called about the Chlorines yesterday, and they had them, BUT they don't do phone orders on weekends
frown.gif
. I'll try my luck tomorrow. I hope they're still there...

I'm worried the FR3 will let me down considering how GREAT the 2 was.

The 2 was lightyears better than the 1 IMO.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Anyways, I'm very late, but I'm VERY happy that I finally got my first pair of Free Runs. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I put them on right away and have been wearing them nonstop since. These are easily the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. [/color]
pimp.gif

Same. I got the same pair Friday and ive been wearing them EVERYWHERE. I did pay full price at Sports Authority
sick.gif
cause I could not find the black/white anywhere but online and didnt have the time to go check the Nike outlets. I dont really care cause they are worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.
pimp.gif
I bought mine from the same place. I refused to buy them from the mall for $100, because I remember seeing Sports Authority having them for $90. But then they raised their price, too. I definitely agree that they're worth every single penny, though.
pimp.gif

i mean .. they look cool but do they really play music or am i js mistunderstaning the whole concept of this shoe ?

Originally Posted by XI ShinE XI

how do the ID's fit compared to the grey and total orange shields?

I felt the Shields were on the snug side, while iDs (mesh) fit true, imo.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm probably the only dude here who rocks his frees naked. No socks.

Nope. That's how I wear mine too since the og 5.0s. Do all my half marathons without socks too. frees were originally designed to be worn barefoot.

finally got around to ordering the WMNS shield (yellow/grey), couldnt hold off for a price drop any longer. sized up 1.5 (thanks for the advice ray). hoping that the snugness of the shields you mentioned though doesnt make these too tight. going on a trip first weekend of march that i wanted to use these for, and dont have time for a turnaround if i need to size up to a 12.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

how long does ID's take once it departs from ho chi minh city, vietnam?

give it a week to week in a half (thats how long it took for me) 
It also depends on where you live. If you live in the west coast it is faster (obviously) and vice versa

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm probably the only dude here who rocks his frees naked. No socks.

Nope. That's how I wear mine too since the og 5.0s. Do all my half marathons without socks too. frees were originally designed to be worn barefoot.

Nice and exactly. I've never had a shoe feel so close to perfectly molded.

Back
Top Bottom