French Blue Air Jordan 7 Retro for 2015 (01/24/15 $190)

Remastered was a material thing, not what's leather and what's neoprene. It's a retro, which always has small differences than the oriniginal release.

"We are going to be remastering our whole retro line starting Spring 15. ... And then the next piece is that we’re going to be, starting with Spring 15, all retro models in men’s are going to be redone, meaning new materials and getting as close to the original construction as humanly possible. It’s a pretty big deal."

"The main models for the season will be around 7s, 4,s and 10s. That’s the way that Jeff (Jeff Atienza, Jordan Brand Product Line Manager planned the line, and that’s what we ended up doing. But everything that comes into the line from that moment forward will be in that remastered sense.  Whether it’s a new color, or whether it’s an OG color, it’s about getting it as close to the original form as we possibly can."

Dave Schecter, Vice President of Jordan Footwear

Read more: http://*************.com/news/exclu...tro-line-beginning-spring-2015/#ixzz3PKGinB8x

This will always be a topic of hot discussion in the months to come.  The price increase was going to happen regardless, but for Jordan Brand to add the "remastered" tag I think was just something to hype up the shoes and an attempt to justify their price increase.  

I would have been fine with the price increase WITHOUT the "remastered" tag, and just have Jordan Brand state that the increase in price is a tactic to fight against resellers. I could have accepted that and then just have the materials/craftmanship/quality of the 2015 releases speak for themselves.

Foreal?!? Might be a deal breaker for me. Really like these though so I'll have to see when I have them in hand.

Confirmed, 2015 tongue and bootie is all neoprene, unlike the 2002 version where the panel on that version underneath the laces is leather (NOT the multicolor portion where it says "Air Jordan" - that is suppose to be neoprene). I know there are some who don't think the change is a big deal, but when JB has been saying for months that they're "remastering" the shoes back to how they were originally was the promise, and then JB comes out with this model, it really just gives me the impression that "remastered" is pure gimmick.

2015 version from DJ Delz

Full video:

that **** will get super dirty real quick...think it just turned into a pass for me....onto the hares

Heard from a store these are a really limited GR. I don't believe it.... Especially with demand being so lackluster.

Heard from a store these are a really limited GR. I don't believe it.... Especially with demand being so lackluster.

Could be possible that Jordan Brand/Nike is allocating more pairs to markets outside of the United States. I could be wrong but it didn't seem like there were many pairs of the Columbia 4s available outside the U.S., and when they were, they were marked up heavily. Example: The 4s retailed for about $255 in the Philippines and were limited in many of the popular stores.

It could also be possible that JB knew the demand for these would be lackluster, so that not as many pairs would be made and/or gave them more reason to allocate overseas.

I'm sure they won't be a huge GR.. Doesn't seem to be much demand. Prob more than enough for those that actually want a pair tho..

These are a GR but alot of store are only getting 50 pairs or so 

compared to the usual 100 pairs like most JB gr's that Stores get

Complaints about the non leather tongue now....

It doesn't bother me honestly. All other 7's have neoprene, I'm used to it. The leather was a nice touch on the OG, don't get me wrong, but I would have liked it either way. 

I got a gift card burning a whole in my pocket and I'm copping these. Gonna wait in line Saturday morning throwing bows to gem ehm 2. Lol man I hope I don't miss on these I do really like them.

My local footlocker isn't getting these kinda bumbed but I don't think it should be hard copping online. Im in small town and we dont get the "less hyped" releases why some are saying a limited gr. The last ones we didn't get that I wanted were black toe 14s and steel 10s, which weren't hard to get online either

Still not a deal breaker for me. I know it sucks and JB will always play their customers and try to make money like every corp. but I have to get these for nostalgic reasons.

Confirmed, 2015 tongue and bootie is all neoprene, unlike the 2002 version where the panel on that version underneath the laces is leather (NOT the multicolor portion where it says "Air Jordan" - that is suppose to be neoprene). I know there are some who don't think the change is a big deal, but when JB has been saying for months that they're "remastering" the shoes back to how they were originally was the promise, and then JB comes out with this model, it really just gives me the impression that "remastered" is pure gimmick.

2015 version from DJ Delz

Full video:

Word we gotta wait and see if this whole "remastered" thing is a gimmick, but I'm on the same boat as you and I think it is a gimmick. 

On the other hand, I just started watching these youtube sneaker review videos again and I heard a lot of people saying DJ Delz had fake kicks a year ago and had been reviewing fake kicks on his channel for a fake website. Okay, I know its a year ago but wouldnt that tarnish your reputation if it was true? So I'm probably late but whats the update now because I know things can change within a year, does he still review fake sneakers/ has he ever reviewed fake sneakers?

(im not saying your wrong about the neoprene bootie thing, from what I saw in retail photos it looks like neoprene too)

Yea man I got no problem voicing my complaint about the tongue not being leather. I for one had 02s and didn't even remember they were leather, I got use to every other 7 being neoprene. It's this remastered BS that got me feeling some type of way tho.
4s seemed to be true to the prior release, so why aren't these? Still copping tho, and I won't complain after purchase!

Honestly tho there's just s few releases a want this year and after that I think I'm done.

The price isn't worth it. Not hurtin, just gotta stand for something you know?

Just gonna stick with SBs and roshes

Word we gotta wait and see if this whole "remastered" thing is a gimmick, but I'm on the same boat as you and I think it is a gimmick. 

On the other hand, I just started watching these youtube sneaker review videos again and I heard a lot of people saying DJ Delz had fake kicks a year ago and had been reviewing fake kicks on his channel for a fake website. Okay, I know its a year ago but wouldnt that tarnish your reputation if it was true? So I'm probably late but whats the update now because I know things can change within a year, does he still review fake sneakers/ has he ever reviewed fake sneakers?

(im not saying your wrong about the neoprene bootie thing, from what I saw in retail photos it looks like neoprene too)
I personally don't like many of the youtubers out there who do "review" videos months and months in advance from release day because it's highly likely the kicks are fake.  I watch videos on my subscription feed just to stay on top of the news and trends of what's going on in this sneaker culture, and I don't take what they say engraved in stone.  Just like many of the other youtubers out there, I believe DJ Delz made a video addressing the rumors of him showing fakes on his channel and (SURPRISE) he states that they're all legit, just like all of the other early "reviewers".  

There are some videos that are recorded and posted a day or two from release day and are made by mom & pop stores, and I guess those are more reputable than many of the other youtubers out there. But like you mentioned, many of the retail photos, like the official photos from NDC tend to be spot on with what's going to be released.

I personally don't like many of the youtubers out there who do "review" videos months and months in advance from release day because it's highly likely the kicks are fake.  I watch videos on my subscription feed just to stay on top of the news and trends of what's going on in this sneaker culture, and I don't take what they say engraved in stone.  Just like many of the other youtubers out there, I believe DJ Delz made a video addressing the rumors of him showing fakes on his channel and (SURPRISE) he states that they're all legit, just like all of the other early "reviewers".  

There are some videos that are recorded and posted a day or two from release day and are made by mom & pop stores, and I guess those are more reputable than many of the other youtubers out there. But like you mentioned, many of the retail photos, like the official photos from NDC tend to be spot on with what's going to be released.
Word I guess your right, just like with anything on TV or behind a screen, you cant take what they say engraved in stone. 

it really just gives me the impression that "remastered" is pure gimmick.

Of course its a gimmick. For jordan to get a slab of "better" leather it would probably cost him an extra 75 cents per shoe. Because this new leather is still no where close to the "top of the line." Yet he charges $15-20 more per shoe. WHen the shoe that was originally released cost around $140. ANd the shoe that was originally release still has more "premium" materials through out.

Its all about greed and making you think your getting a whole lot better.

Of course its a gimmick. For jordan to get a slab of "better" leather it would probably cost him an extra 75 cents per shoe. Because this new leather is still no where close to the "top of the line." Yet he charges $15-20 more per shoe. WHen the shoe that was originally released cost around $140. ANd the shoe that was originally release still has more "premium" materials through out.

Its all about greed and making you think your getting a whole lot better.
roll.gif
 "extra 75 cents per shoe" you got me dead b. With a 20$ price hike they shouldnt mind putting that extra 75 cents into their products. I know you not far off but its funny to think this is the "remastered" program. 

Its ridiculous but you gotta remember inflation too, so no matter what nike & jordan do the prices would still be going up 

roll.gif
 "extra 75 cents per shoe" you got me dead b. With a 20$ price hike they shouldnt mind putting that extra 75 cents into their products. I know you not far off but its funny to think this is the "remastered" program. 

Its ridiculous but you gotta remember inflation too, so no matter what nike & jordan do the prices would still be going up 
I know some guys that make Premium Customized Leather seats for Harleys. They ALso make belts and what knots, They get premium top leather at a good price. ANd they dont order close to the quantity that Jordan orders.  Inflation wont factor in that much. Air force ones account for inflation and they havent risen that much. SHell toe adidas been around forever. They havent risen that much.  Its greed and brand loyalty not inflation that is rising the prices.  

This is just another marketing ploy to release the same shoes at a faster rate, to the people that just bought them 2 years ago.  

Remaster means to improve or make the last release better. It doesnt imply how much better.  And it surly doesnt imply going back to the original version.

To me the IV's just released  werent even remastered from the previous version.  How did it improve upon the last version or make it better?

THey should just call them the "Jordan Rules" version. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom