Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

Like jada said, spotting a fake pair is pretty easy.  If it isn't easy for whoever is making the purchase, then they should do some research before spending good money on a potentially fake product.

If you don't know enough about what your buying or don't care enough to learn about it before making your purchase then why are you even buying it in the first place?

Again I'm not disagreeing it's easy to spot a fake pair but we hating on someone who's asking for advice on NT is whack to me. That's part of forums imo

id be banning more than half of the JB section. seems like its for every Jordan release. shows the maturity of people as a whole. ill never defend a reseller again since they seem like they dominate threads now.
Sad but true... Nothing wrong with making money, but it looks like the resellers out weigh the true sneaker enthusiast. It's killing the game.

Like jada said, spotting a fake pair is pretty easy.  If it isn't easy for whoever is making the purchase, then they should do some research before spending good money on a potentially fake product.

If you don't know enough about what your buying or don't care enough to learn about it before making your purchase then why are you even buying it in the first place?
Again I'm not disagreeing it's easy to spot a fake pair but we hating on someone who's asking for advice on NT is whack to me. That's part of forums imo
Like Jays25 said there is a section of the forum dedicated to helping people learn and determine whats real or fake.

While you may think its whack that they can't ask for a legit check in every thread some people think its equally as whack to purchase shoes when you don't have the ability or interest in learning to decipher the authenticity yourself.

Wanted these pretty bad since I laid eyes on these for nostalgic reasons.  I remembered as a kid I loved watching the show, so much so I couldn't even sleep thinking about picking up a pair of these the night before.  Then reality hit me that RD morning and I stuck out online. Lol.  Funny thing is I has these in my cart too, but I couldn't wait for the countdown due to prior engagements that same morning and had to just leave it.  Broke my heart right then and there to know that I might have had a chance to pick them up. Oh well, on to the next.... 

Like Jays25 said there is a section of the forum dedicated to helping people learn and determine whats real or fake.

While you may think its whack that they can't ask for a legit check in every thread some people think its equally as whack to purchase shoes when you don't have the ability or interest in learning to decipher the authenticity yourself.

I can't stand this stupid *** elitism that sneaker heads have.

"You can't wear Jordans unless you know the history behind every shoe."

"If you want to buy on eBay, you should research the differences between fakes and real pairs for hours."

**** that ********. I wear Jordans because I like how they look. That's as far as I'm delving into this "hobby."

"lack of product availability"

got a back order email day or 2 after the RD & today got this email saying my order is cancelled..

"If you want to buy on eBay, you should research the differences between fakes and real pairs for hours."

**** that ********. I wear Jordans because I like how they look. That's as far as I'm delving into this "hobby."
I don't believe it's elitism, it's just a clash of generations engulfed with tech/social media. I may go off right now because I am on some addy so no need to punish those that find me boring, I understand.
 You got the grumpy OGs who have been collecting since MJ was playing and these young cats acting entitled. Not everyone falls into these stereotypes but enough that it's noticeable. I'm near the 30 mark and use to have my dad take me to mall/write doc notes so I could get shoes on release day, was always during the week when new AJ would release. I've seen what buying Nike shoes has evolved into over 2 decades and it's really quite impressive/sad. 

There was a point in my life when I would practically follow Nike/MJ to the gates of hell. I remember getting in fights at school over which was better, Reebok or Nike. Everyone knew MJ was ******g god but there were always people that would say Reebok was better than Nike. Now I look back at the big picture and laugh. That's how strong the brand was in the 90s and I'm sure others can recant knowing people getting jumped for their Js. Some were killed but usually they would just beat the **** out of you and take your shoes. Even in HS I remember when the first Shox came out the R4 running model, people were stealing them from other kids because they were fairly limited/new hyped up tech mixed with Nike marketing, the ******g BOING commercials. Everyone would always say, those are the boing shoes and I simply would agree and say yeah they're called the R4 shox. It got so bad that I even hated wearing them because people would go BOING BOING, why aren't they making the sound?  

Still nothing compares to shoe buying in today's time. I had seen videos of people breaking down doors or masses gathering outsides malls for the re retro XIs. But it was through a computer. It wasn't until 2011 when Nike had me running across a highway in scavenger hunt to buy the KD Nerfs that I realized, this is ******g crazy. Again another reality check was when I was waiting in line at Nike store in 2012 for the All Star Flight Ones. The person behind me was on the phone and said he was in line behind the old guy.  I turn around and it's 2 kids and I ask their age, both 15. They then tried cutting because one kid said he recognized the kid in front of me. I asked what advantage that would even get them since my size is probably twice his. He then realized it wouldn't help and stopped but I let them cut anyway because they wanted to get closer to their friend. I had accepted my role as the old man in today's time. I could share countless stories about buying shoes at their age but I know they would not give a **** because I know I would not give a **** at their age listening to some random guy going down memory lane.

But then I wondered why was Nike making me do this, running across highways, waiting outside in a line so that hopefully I can get a chance to buy pair of shoes that cost several dollars to make? I had gone in and out of the shoe world through high school and college, focused on other things, girls, alcohol, girls, drugs, my future, more drugs. I would pick up the occasional retro, sb and new tech running shoe via B&M or ebay but it was easy and not that much markup. Flipping my extra pairs when the opportunity presented itself to pay for alcohol or rent. But as internet access became more available, it seemed like more and more people were entering the shoe world. I remember just MJ fans, athletes and bangers would buy Nike. Usually a combination of 2. But now, it's all walks of life and leaving no demographic absent. 

Nike became a giant off hype/marketing with MJ being their golden goose. Waffle shoes made Nike a major player in the athletic shoe market but MJ would make them the god. They then figured why stop there, getting the biggest names in sports to wear the swoosh told people that Nike is a winning too, not just the player. Kinda like how only winners drink Gatorade. 

Then the evolution of the internet and the last 5 years with social media, it has only made them more of marketing machine, flexing their power and cash. Nike has used the WWW in every possible way to push their name at consumers. Baiting buyers with limited editions so they feel the need to buy something Nike when they miss out. It has really turned into a shoe game. Look at all these shoe sites, continually posting pictures, ******g teaser, who's idea was shoe teaser, Nike? and ads ads ads galore. Don't get me started on ******g teaser pics.  They all want a piece of the pie so they hype everything they can. Sneakernews has a Champs ad/article every day now I think blended in with their worthless articles. Let alone on the PPC ads streamed on the side of every site. If you aren't using AdBlock, please download it. That is why I don't feel bad about reselling when I can or having to use macros to add a ******g shoe to a cart so I can checkout under 10 seconds. Nike is creating this environment, making fans compete against each other, they control all the variables and are masters at their craft. That is why I no longer love Nike, they simply are a business that cares about growth and the almighty dollar. That's it. Once you realize that you are free. So when I get the emails from Meg about being unfair, I really just laugh at the hypocrisy the god of war is bleeding out about being fair. Make enough ******g shoes so everyone has a FAIR chance to buy and not leave empty handed. That's fair. Not creating artificial demand by limiting supply when you know damn well there won't be enough SHOES. Again, all this effort to BUY a shoe. But it's their bread and butter, it's really all they know, why would they want to change anything? I say to myself Boweman would rip out Knight's heart if he was alive to witness what Nike had become a marketing > product company.

I hope NT can resort back to what it was in it's early years but I doubt it. The culture mixed with Nike's antics only bring out the worst in man. Greed and jealously are powerful emotions. I have never endured a forum with such constant bickering, belittling and worthless comments instead of actually sharing of knowledge/advice. The SB thread is pretty legit but these Nike/Jordan threads, it's like sifting through sand. I hope everyone continues to buy what they like and act civil because they really are just shoes. It's us versus Nike, but they want us to believe we are fighting each other. If you miss out, move on or pay resell. We have the buying power, Nike makes shoes for us, we shouldn't have to work to buy shoes. A hunt every so often is fair but not every other ******g weekend. Sometimes it's good to just checkout from the shoe world and just say **** you Nike I'm going to buy 4 pairs of Vans. 

You've got it mixed and put far too much thought into what the intent was, so let me put it simply.

Forget shoes, I could care less about the history personally.  I get just as irritated at the people that somehow feel they have more of a right to wear something because they saw Jordan play or whatever, who cares about any of that.

My point was and is that if you are going to spend your money on something whatever it might be, it may be best for you to learn about the product your purchasing so you know what your getting not just getting the ok from some people on a forum but learning from those people what makes said product genuine or fake.

There are a multitude of reasons why you should learn rather than just getting the ok from others, one being that someone can show you a legit picture of a product then you get to a meetup and because you don't know any better they can present you with a fake and you may not realize it immediately.

Ultimately though we are all different, if you don't care to learn to differentiate between real and fake pairs you can always make sure you cop from a retailer.

so folks are paying over retail for these ? please tell kids are buying these up. no one my age around my way would wear these clown shoes. jb knows how mess a og shoe up. sad looking like clowns in em
I wonder what your opinion is on "grown folks" wearing those hideous db5's...

Funny thing is I has these in my cart too, but I couldn't wait for the countdown due to prior engagements that same morning and had to just leave it.  Broke my heart right
The exact same thing happened to me i was waiting on the counter to check out on FA and FTL it hot down to less than 2 min n then jumped back up to 4 hrs. Like u i needed to leave so i was really butt hurt for a good 2-3 minutes. I remembered i was signed into my scct on FTL so i signed in on mobile n it was in my cart n gave me the timer st an hour. Didnt work for FA site kept crashing when i tried to sign in 4x. Needed to leave so i to take the L on that one

You've got it mixed and put far too much thought into what the intent was, so let me put it simply.
Forget shoes, I could care less about the history personally.  I get just as irritated at the people that somehow feel they have more of a right to wear something because they saw Jordan play or whatever, who cares about any of that.

My point was and is that if you are going to spend your money on something whatever it might be, it may be best for you to learn about the product your purchasing so you know what your getting not just getting the ok from some people on a forum but learning from those people what makes said product genuine or fake.

There are a multitude of reasons why you should learn rather than just getting the ok from others, one being that someone can show you a legit picture of a product then you get to a meetup and because you don't know any better they can present you with a fake and you may not realize it immediately.

Ultimately though we are all different, if you don't care to learn to differentiate between real and fake pairs you can always make sure you cop from a retailer.

If one didn't care or want to know how to tell the difference between the fakes, why would they even bother with the inquiry? In a forum such as this, you'd think would want to help out and be a **** when someone asked a question. Asking questions cis hiw you learn. I'm just saying.

It seems like a size 9 popped up on JJ... I was able to add it to cart but wouldn't let me finish the checkout process... Giving me an error massage about item number.

Last edited:
The exact same thing happened to me i was waiting on the counter to check out on FA and FTL it hot down to less than 2 min n then jumped back up to 4 hrs. Like u i needed to leave so i was really butt hurt for a good 2-3 minutes. I remembered i was signed into my scct on FTL so i signed in on mobile n it was in my cart n gave me the timer st an hour. Didnt work for FA site kept crashing when i tried to sign in 4x. Needed to leave so i to take the L on that one

FWIW, that happened to me and by the time the countdown expired, they were sold out. So if you waited they could've been sold out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom