Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

^

More like $475-500
mean.gif

RIP to the sneaker game

1985-2013
Im just highkey mad cause I didnt cop 
mean.gif

Exactly what do people find appealing about this shoe ? I'm not knocking them for buying them cause, I have crimson 3s and joker 3s lots of ppl hated them... But these look like a GS sz, that just happen to get turned into a FSR....
I've liked this from day one.  I was probably going to buy the shoe regardless because The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is my favorite shoe of all time.  Purple is my favorite color and I really like the grey with it.  Also, since I'm a grown man, I don't think I'll be turned gay because there's a little touch of pink or neon green on them either.  Finally, I think the inside of the shoe is awesome.

Them ebay fees r ridiculous. Some other company really got to compete with them so they could have more reasonable prices
That would be nice cheaper prices across the board, or just more money in resellers pockets lol 

Received the order conformation with the expected delivery date and all

No shipping confirmation yet tho

I'm in trouble or nah?

I don't know why people are complaining that these sneakers are going for $400+, when those hideous DB 5's are going for $1000+
Apples and Oranges DB 5 were way more limited than these and that's what sets the price. Secondly DB 5 were pretty fly to most people. Personally I think its the second best DB Jordan that has come out. I thought the DB 3 were in last place until I saw the DB 10. That's a whole other subject. 

People really paying 400 for these? :lol:

You know what they say "a fool and his money are soon parted".

I really like my pair, but it keeps getting difficult rejecting the $350-$400 offers I keep getting. Some guy wanted to buy them while I was in line getting ready to pay.

People in Indy are tryin to get 500+...lol....I didnt say they were selling but they are like if youre a sneakerhead you know what these are and what they are worth...Exactly...not 500...dude had like 7 pairs for 250 or 275 but im pretty sure theyre gone.

People in Indy are tryin to get 500+...lol....I didnt say they were selling but they are like if youre a sneakerhead you know what these are and what they are worth...Exactly...not 500...dude had like 7 pairs for 250 or 275 but im pretty sure theyre gone.
had one dude say these for db3's was an even trade...

mean.gif

I also only buy manually and I've only missed out on the DB 3s and 5s.  I originally missed out on the Toro 4's and Fear Pack 3's but got them during the re-stock.  This year, I got the:

Fire Red 5s (grey tongue)
Thunder 4s (re-stock)
Grape 5s
Black Grape 5s
Fire Red 3s
Red/White/Black 4s
Fear Pack 3s and 4s
Bel Air 5s
Bugs Bunny 8s

Almost all of my success is at NDC with very few at Finish Line.  I have never been successful anywhere else online.  If I can't get them by myself for retail, then I don't get them, I don't deal with resellers.

You realize luck plays in, right? I've manually tried to buy at NDC like the last 10 releases and I'm 0-10. Buying manually online and being as successful as you is not the norm.

JJ did not have fear v's.. a couple very few finishlines, HOH, and nike store and thats it.. Bel Airs took 2 hours to sell out on footaction and footlocker.. the bel airs stock was probably equivalent to the fear iv's 

You don't seriously believe they took 2 hours to sell out, right? You believe that because that's when they tweeted they were sold out? You have to know every single shoe was in carts in seconds and it simply took them that long to check out and update their systems to show the stock as officially gone.

I was going to get a pair to resell to buy something else with it. I had a size 16 in my cart yesterday (which was the easiest one to cop) and could have bought it but didn't do it. I have a lot of sources that I trade and buy from locally so it would have to be ebay and after the fee's ect it didn't make sense. The shoe seems coo butl not a pair I could pull off. The X's next week are something that I had when they came out as a kid and can wear with almost anything. I congratulate those that got this shoe.

100% profit+ isn't worth your time? I'd really like your income or situation, because you must be extremely well off if simply filling out a form, clicking purchase and selling them isn't worth $200+

For real. They used to only take about 3% about 6 years ago, now its 10%.

9% for shoes, and the percentages fluctuate depending on what category the item is listed in. Also, top rated sellers receive 20% off final value fees, which bring that down to about 7 - 7.2% depending on amount. Their fee percentage is on par with their main competitor which is Amazon, so its really not as bad as some make it seem to be.

And its also pretty irrelevant when it comes to shoes as lots of sellers will send you a direct invoice and skip the eBay fees altogether.

*EDIT* - I have figured out I'm wrong. I've been selling on eBay so long I forgot when you have a monthly store subscription, fees are lower. They do in fact charge 10% to non-store subscribers. However, its still around what Amazon charges, so still not much of an issue.

Last edited:

Apples and Oranges DB 5 were way more limited than these and that's what sets the price. Secondly DB 5 were pretty fly to most people. Personally I think its the second best DB Jordan that has come out. I thought the DB 3 were in last place until I saw the DB 10. That's a whole other subject.
if you think the db3's are/were in last place i am curious to find out what your #1 DB is. please elaborate.

most ppl didnt get the db5 because they like it, im quite sure of that

That would be nice cheaper prices across the board, or just more money in resellers pockets lol 
yea but sellers charge them ridiculous prices cuz eBay raised it to that percent. I sold some kicks for 175, PayPal took like 5 bucks or something and now I have a ebay invoice for $17.50. **** is crazy

Back
Top Bottom