Friendly Reminder: Fill out your FAFSA.

Not until June 30, 2008 THE FAFSA is STILL AFFECTIVE THROUGH SPRING SEMESTER UNTIL JUNE 30th 2008. Taxes aren't even beginning yet.

Originally Posted by Wreckinkickz

Not until June 30, 2008 THE FAFSA is STILL AFFECTIVE THROUGH SPRING SEMESTER UNTIL JUNE 30th 2008. Taxes aren't even beginning yet.

Why go through the trouble waiting when you can get it done early, receive your award, and be straight for school. The benefit of doing it early outweighswaiting. Procrastinating with money is not a good thing.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by Wreckinkickz

Why go through the trouble waiting when you can get it done early, receive your award, and be straight for school. The benefit of doing it early outweighs waiting. Procrastinating with money is not a good thing.

foreal. im gettin mine done early so i can sit back and just wait for that government cheese to come to me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^Yes you have to fill it out every year. I was thinking it was too early because no one has done their taxes yet. I usually wait for the Spring semester to domine.

I'm in my senior year in undergrad and i can honestly say the fasfa process was my worst experience through college!

Getting your fasfa done correctly is harder than the school work!

All of the signatures and verifications, and your mothers needs to sign this, and your pin is invalid! etc...

I hated it. This process is truly miserable!

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

I'm in my senior year in undergrad and i can honestly say the fasfa process was my worst experience through college!

Getting your fasfa done correctly is harder than the school work!

All of the signatures and verifications, and your mothers needs to sign this, and your pin is invalid! etc...

I hated it. This process is truly miserable!

I have to agree it was for me too, I took mine in back in august(i know a bit late), and I didn't have the right tax info, requested the right papers,they weren't it, needed signatures, needed new documents, ended up taking all the way to december to get processed. But I'm taking a winter course soI'm supposed to get a check soon
pimp.gif

To apply for 07-08 do you use your parents tax information from 07' right? the 1040?

man i hate the FAFSA. It is ultimate doodoo. So many scratchouts I made on my last one from making mistakes.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Thanks. I completely forgot about it. And the sooner you do it, the more money you receive.

since when?

Kinda true. Here in CA the application is due March 2nd in order to get the full reward for state grants. If you file any time after that then you onlyreceive as much is available. So yes the sooner the better.
You also DO NOT have to wait for your parents tax information. You can submit estimates and fileall your parents tax paperwork after. If your parents financial situation hasn't changed and your estimates aren't way off you should be fine.

You/Your parents can do it first using last years numbers and then adjust them. Doing it this way will secure your money, sort of like holding your place inline. That's how I do mine every year.

and W2s have to be out by like jan 31 so all that info should be readily available. it's easier to do online as well. just get a PIN from the dept. ofeducation website

18th letter wrote:
Originally Posted by MrSneakerman

Thanks. I completely forgot about it. And the sooner you do it, the more money you receive.

since when?

Kinda true. Here in CA the application is due March 2nd in order to get the full reward for state grants. If you file any time after that then you only receive as much is available. So yes the sooner the better.
You also DO NOT have to wait for your parents tax information. You can submit estimates and file all your parents tax paperwork after. If your parents financial situation hasn't changed and your estimates aren't way off you should be fine.

at my school if you complete your fafsa this way you get "subjected to verification" (which im assuming W2E is talking about) which is alonger process that you have to go through. ive went through it the past 3 years and this year im just gonna wait until my parents file so i dont have to gothrough it again. it might depend on the state/school but a friend of mine works in our financial aid office and he says that our school has alot of money leftover so as long as we get it in before the deadline were cool. i submitted mine in after the deadline last year and i still got full rewards. my refund waslike 2 weeks late though cause i missed the first deposit period.

I don't even waste my time with this crap if you make at least 1$ then you ain't getting issh. Biggest bunch of bs out there. It always goes to thekids who ain't doing issh and think college is another chill spot.

at my school if you complete your fafsa this way you get "subjected to verification" (which im assuming W2E is talking about) which is a longer process that you have to go through. ive went through it the past 3 years and this year im just gonna wait until my parents file so i dont have to go through it again. it might depend on the state/school but a friend of mine works in our financial aid office and he says that our school has alot of money left over so as long as we get it in before the deadline were cool. i submitted mine in after the deadline last year and i still got full rewards. my refund was like 2 weeks late though cause i missed the first deposit period.
Hmmm I've never been "subjected to verification" by filling out my FAFSA this way. I've submitted the same forms that anyoneelse has and didn't go through a longer process at all.

Also it is almost gauranteed in CA that if you file late you won't get a full reward. You might get close, but still not the max you could have beenawarded.
I don't even waste my time with this crap if you make at least 1$ then you ain't getting issh. Biggest bunch of bs out there. It always goes to the kids who ain't doing issh and think college is another chill spot.
laugh.gif
Okay you keep thinking that and not filing. It only means more money for everyone else.

Also guys after the first year, it's really easy to fill out. All your information is already stored and unless your parents financial situation hasdrastically changed the numbers should be about the same therefore making the process a whole lot simpler. It has literally taken me no more than 15 minutes toresubmit my FAFSA since filling it out Senior year of HS.

Originally Posted by West2East

I don't even waste my time with this crap if you make at least 1$ then you ain't getting issh. Biggest bunch of bs out there. It always goes to the kids who ain't doing issh and think college is another chill spot.
laugh.gif
Okay you keep thinking that and not filing. It only means more money for everyone else.

Also guys after the first year, it's really easy to fill out. All your information is already stored and unless your parents financial situation has drastically changed the numbers should be about the same therefore making the process a whole lot simpler. It has literally taken me no more than 15 minutes to resubmit my FAFSA since filling it out Senior year of HS.

Listen to this woman.
I use to procrastinate on my FAFSA freshman and sophomore year like it would take me 2 weeks to fill it out
indifferent.gif
. Come junior year I'm like 2 days before the deadline with an emptyFAFSA form online cuz I forgot to do it
smh.gif
but filled everything out in like 10 minutes

Originally Posted by Kid Mega Man

man i hate the FAFSA. It is ultimate doodoo. So many scratchouts I made on my last one from making mistakes.

you know you can do it online, right? im thankful for that, because i HATE filling out the paperwork, seriously

Back
Top Bottom