Friends acting like old men. Social life sucks now

truthgetsbusy

Banned
Man just last summer I had a group of like 4-5 friends that I would kick it with.  Watch playoff games, go hoop, go to bars, go to DC clubs every now and then.  Now it's like dudes went from age 25 to age 50 within a year.  It's one thing to grow up and mature but its another thing to just stop having fun and become a homebody.

1 dude works retail and just fell out the circle.  Nothing really happened but apparently he's "busy"
grin.gif
.  Dude wifed up a fat chick FTL
2 dudes are getting married next year which I understand is time consuming and costly. But they on that work/home/wife program everyday.

If you can't get up and chill once every 2 weeks then how can I consider you a friend? Nobody is that busy with their job, relationships, or whatever.  I'm at the point where I want new friends but I'm at the age where it doesn't really happen.  p.s. I have a girl and can be "busy" at times too but I can find time for the homies.  I think its just these dudes being lazy with life. 

Man just last summer I had a group of like 4-5 friends that I would kick it with.  Watch playoff games, go hoop, go to bars, go to DC clubs every now and then.  Now it's like dudes went from age 25 to age 50 within a year.  It's one thing to grow up and mature but its another thing to just stop having fun and become a homebody.

1 dude works retail and just fell out the circle.  Nothing really happened but apparently he's "busy"
grin.gif
2 dudes are getting married next year which I understand is time consuming and costly. But they on that work/home/wife program everyday.

If you can't get up and chill once every 2 weeks then how can I consider you a friend? Nobody is that busy with their job, relationships, or whatever.  I'm at the point where I want new friends but I'm at the age where it doesn't really happen.  p.s. I have a girl and can be "busy" at times too but I can find time for the homies.  I think its just these dudes being lazy with life. 

Since you have a girl and two of your dudes are getting married, the 6 of y'all need to be going out together as couples (dinner, dinner parties, lounges, etc.) and doing your thing that way instead of just falling out of touch.

Since you have a girl and two of your dudes are getting married, the 6 of y'all need to be going out together as couples (dinner, dinner parties, lounges, etc.) and doing your thing that way instead of just falling out of touch.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

grin.gif

.....being a homebody and doing what YOU wanna do when you wanna do it>>>>>>>> any group "friends"

- ive been called an 'old man' since my late teens, and i love it.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

sick.gif

You would think so huh.... some days I just be like eff these guys

You would think so huh.... some days I just be like eff these guys

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

grin.gif

.....being a homebody and doing what YOU wanna do when you wanna do it>>>>>>>> any group "friends"

sick.gif

if they've got wives and jobs, i would assume the older you get, the less of a priority going out to bars becomes.

if they've got wives and jobs, i would assume the older you get, the less of a priority going out to bars becomes.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

grin.gif

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

sick.gif

I no gets da emoticon bruh.

sick.gif

whats wrong with this?

granted the wife and i hardly if ever go out to clubs/lounges together unless its for a friends bday or something, but dinners? dinner parties? bars?

maybe im just in a different demo than most of NT, but I personally dont see anything wrong with that.  A lot of my friends are gettin to the age where they having babies now.  I run with a couple of different circles and each one has atleast 1-2 babies. 

The addition of babies has forced us to tweak the scheduling a bit, but people still find ways to make it work.  More happy hours or weekend brunch/lunch or just straight up day drinking going on now.  Everytime I have to make the obligatory "What kind of degenerate brings a damn baby to the bar at noon?!?!?!" joke.  The wives/gf's will catch up and chat while the boys get s-faced in the afternoon. 

sick.gif

whats wrong with this?

granted the wife and i hardly if ever go out to clubs/lounges together unless its for a friends bday or something, but dinners? dinner parties? bars?

maybe im just in a different demo than most of NT, but I personally dont see anything wrong with that.  A lot of my friends are gettin to the age where they having babies now.  I run with a couple of different circles and each one has atleast 1-2 babies. 

The addition of babies has forced us to tweak the scheduling a bit, but people still find ways to make it work.  More happy hours or weekend brunch/lunch or just straight up day drinking going on now.  Everytime I have to make the obligatory "What kind of degenerate brings a damn baby to the bar at noon?!?!?!" joke.  The wives/gf's will catch up and chat while the boys get s-faced in the afternoon. 

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

grin.gif

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

sick.gif

I no gets da emoticon bruh.

Originally Posted by do work son

It's not about bars.  Dudes don't even get up to watch the NBA playoffs now a days.  No excuse for dudes with they own spots and no kids.  Plus as a man you should wanna kick it with your boys and get away from your girl or wife. 

Originally Posted by do work son

It's not about bars.  Dudes don't even get up to watch the NBA playoffs now a days.  No excuse for dudes with they own spots and no kids.  Plus as a man you should wanna kick it with your boys and get away from your girl or wife. 

When it comes to things like this it's best to call people out on it. Not in a douche bag sort of way, but approach them like, "Hey, guys. I know you're busy with everything, but it seems like we don't ever hang out anymore, no bromo. How come? What's going on? I think we should get together on so and so day and time and do so and so activity."

When it comes to things like this it's best to call people out on it. Not in a douche bag sort of way, but approach them like, "Hey, guys. I know you're busy with everything, but it seems like we don't ever hang out anymore, no bromo. How come? What's going on? I think we should get together on so and so day and time and do so and so activity."

It's summer and its nice out and my homeboy has been on Skype for 4 hours with his girl.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

We were suppose to skate.
laugh.gif

This is the guy I usually hit up shows and concerts with and now he's all "Nah man, I gotta save up $ to visit my girl."

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom