FRUITVALE STATION starring Michael B. Jordan -- The Life of Oscar Grant

This movie was great, tough to watch because you know whats coming at the end |I It was beautifully shot and Michael B. Jordan along with Octavia Spencer both delivered amazing performances.

I looked at reviews on rotten tomatoes and the only bad reviews I could find were from right-wingers talking about he's a drug dealing thug that no one should feel sympathy for and that the story didn't show how awful a person he was.

First movie I have teared up in since Radio. Had me looking like 
frown.gif

I looked at reviews on rotten tomatoes and the only bad reviews I could find were from right-wingers talking about he's a drug dealing thug that no one should feel sympathy for and that the story didn't show how awful a person he was.

:smh:

Unbelievable that anyone could not like this movie.

I was really impressed with Michael B Jordan's performance.
Hope he gets an Oscar.
Hope we see a lot more of him in white *** Hollywood too

^
Never really liked bodie. He looks like a ninja turtle and spits like a llama.

Last edited:

But anyways, really lookiing forward to this, it's been getting GREAT reviews, possible Oscar considerations. I saw one clip on like the View with him talking to his little girl, man they killed that scene.

I hated Bodie after this.
He had no choice.

Wallace should've stayed at his grandma's house. From String's perspective, his behavior was extremely suspicious. Too bad Wallace couldn't see that

Hell, I still call Idris, Stringer...I saw the Mandela trailer and I was like...oh, Stringer is playing Nelson Mandela

The last 15 minutes of this movie :smh:

Had to hold back tears a couple of times

Last edited:
Amazing movie. The acting was great, the writing was great, and it was shot really well. Wasn't a dry eye in the house at the end. I thought the last scene in the shower was the perfect ending.

Excellent movie but terribly sad story on why it even existed in the first place.

I can't help but think about this story everytime I pass by this station on my way to a Warriors game.

watched it yesterday this movie GO!!!! movie was too dope... from laughin to goin dumb literally to cryin in the theaters .. welp not me i almost shed a tear

im bouta watch this movie again

i encourage everybody to watch it

****** cop took a life for no damn reason. SMH

had me slappin jacka tear gas track 7 on the way back home from the movies lol

Last edited:
I knew Oscar in the 7th and 8th grade. Played on the same football/basketball teams in middle school. The story hit a lot of people HARD in the bay area. I really thought this was a national story, but it sounds like it wasn't. I'm glad the story is getting out, I really can't wait to see it.

It was....well at worst regional. We down here in So. Cal heard about it and was heavy in the media for a minute.

At the end of the day, this story wasn't sexy enough to sell. "Oscar" vs "Johannes Mehserle"? Nah... hard to draw the racial lines on that one. "Trayvon" vs "George Zimmerman"? Oh, hell yeah. Ratings bonanza.

Plus pushing Oscar's story would have lead to more backlash against police, etc.

At the end of the day, this story wasn't sexy enough to sell. "Oscar" vs "Johannes Mehserle"? Nah... hard to draw the racial lines on that one. "Trayvon" vs "George Zimmerman"? Oh, hell yeah. Ratings bonanza.

Plus pushing Oscar's story would have lead to more backlash against police, etc.

You must not watch the news or pay attention to social media. It was a national story just like Sean Bell.

Last edited:

You must not watch the news or pay attention to social media. It was a national story just like Sean Bell.

I know it was national (I can see from my comments how you could think I was saying it wasn't), but it never got that "push" as THE story like the Trayvon/Zimmerman with a televised trial. A lot of people didn't know what the hell I was talking about when I brought up this incident that was actually on video tape. And a lot of them were too busy being letting the big media outlets pimp Trayvon's name to care.

I know it was national (I can see from my comments how you could think I was saying it wasn't), but it never got that "push" as THE story like the Trayvon/Zimmerman with a televised trial. A lot of people didn't know what the hell I was talking about when I brought up this incident that was actually on video tape. And a lot of them were too busy being letting the big media outlets pimp Trayvon's name to care.

I think the difference is that the officer was immediately charged, which diffused a lot of it. The outrage over Oscar Grant was mainly over the sentence.

It's really an apples and oranges situation.

Because with Trayvon, there had to be outraged for his death to even be investigated. Zimmerman wasn't even drug tested.

This story still makes me sick till this day. How the cop only got 2 years for this ill never know. He took a life. I know dudes that got more time for stupid dope charges. "When you get more time for selling dope than murder, in this crazy world" -Young Jeezy :smh:

I loved everything about this movie; you could feel Oscar's struggle, the organic flow of the movie, the realness... even scenes as standard as the stray dog scene were on point. Hard to get into much detail without spoiling it but I'd advise any/everyone to go and check out this movie ASAP.

Especially considering the movie scene has been weak as hell these last few months.

Back
Top Bottom