FTP! FTW! FTL! QFT! OP! LULZ! = LAMEST ACRONYMS EVER.... SMH

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Hey Bennny... I can call you Benny right?

Can you post pics of Jonas' mullet?

Thanks.

Your greatest fan,
PUrrple Face
you dont watch him from afar
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ghettoeinstein

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Hey Bennny... I can call you Benny right?

Can you post pics of Jonas' mullet?

Thanks.

Your greatest fan,
PUrrple Face
you dont watch him from afar
tongue.gif

your Screenname looks like something a jewish rapper would make

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Since you obviously have/had Bay Area ties, can you clear up the whole Master P thing?

Was there beef between P and the Luniz and/or Dru Down?

Were there folks really after P in Richmond who basically had it out for him cuz he owed a lot of folks money?

Rumors are rumors, I'm more curious as to the background.

I remember there being a beef.... but because I represented the label and then also was real close to Chris Hiccs aka CNH who managed Dru and the Luniz, I stayed clear of that drama. I had so many headaches and anxiety issues with album deadlines, artists crazes and trying to be the man, I didn't care about the gossip unless it was about me or artists I repped directly. we only distributed Master P's records... he at the time before cash money had the best P & D deal in the business and because he was selling so crazy, we began to promote his album for free basically because it benefited us at the end of the day.

I do remember P having his original no limit offices in North Richmond (obviously not south richmond) this was during the WEST COAST BAD BOYS volume 1 was out. but I never visited him out there. I was really young then and I was a completely disrespectful bratty kid when I met Master P. I said things that shoulda got me killed and dude showed me mad love. so I can't say too much and won't go into what I used to say to dude. If things didn't pan out with Dre then, Percy woulda had a high paying job for me. so I always got love for him and Boz
God damn....Ben not joshin...Knowledge and connects for real. I was around during P's run in Richmond (southside) and I remember P cominginto Mark's Barbershop on Cutting Blvd hyping No Limit and dudes rolling their eyes nonstop. Chris is my pop's friend from hs.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Since you obviously have/had Bay Area ties, can you clear up the whole Master P thing?

Was there beef between P and the Luniz and/or Dru Down?

Were there folks really after P in Richmond who basically had it out for him cuz he owed a lot of folks money?

Rumors are rumors, I'm more curious as to the background.

I remember there being a beef.... but because I represented the label and then also was real close to Chris Hiccs aka CNH who managed Dru and the Luniz, I stayed clear of that drama. I had so many headaches and anxiety issues with album deadlines, artists crazes and trying to be the man, I didn't care about the gossip unless it was about me or artists I repped directly. we only distributed Master P's records... he at the time before cash money had the best P & D deal in the business and because he was selling so crazy, we began to promote his album for free basically because it benefited us at the end of the day.

I do remember P having his original no limit offices in North Richmond (obviously not south richmond) this was during the WEST COAST BAD BOYS volume 1 was out. but I never visited him out there. I was really young then and I was a completely disrespectful bratty kid when I met Master P. I said things that shoulda got me killed and dude showed me mad love. so I can't say too much and won't go into what I used to say to dude. If things didn't pan out with Dre then, Percy woulda had a high paying job for me. so I always got love for him and Boz

Appreciate the information, its been a long time since I've read Murder Dogg or B.A.R.T - bay area rap talk. Bay rap has always been a foundation of mymusic interests, its nice to hear the history of some of the old rumors.

I would assume, the code of the streets..... I wonder who would tie themselves in directly to that drama.... think bout the story behind American Me and how many heads rolled because of that. remember, there are obviously many parties involved, etc. it's so much bigger than Suge at this point. it'll never be solved and nobody's that dumb to talk, but more importantly; who could really piece the entire puzzle together? I'm sure someone could piece it enough to make a bogus movie and because it's hollywood, it'd be acceptable, but there was soooooooo many sides to death row, I mean, toooo many. there's the main big direct artists (i.e. snoop, pac, nate dogg, dogg pound, rage) then the new schoolers, then the entourage, then the blood side, the crip side, the security, shady other characters, etc and then YOU HAVE DR. DRE who had his own side completely, totally away from the gang +$%% and the *%%*#++! Dre even had me and other guys on a different payroll. andre young signed our chex, not Death Row, etc....

I wasn't trying to be in their circle or trying to fit in, I would never..... I was the only executive in the hip hop record business besides a guy named peter kang who signed the beatnuts and kurious george....... this was a longgggggg time ago. so I was always the underdog no matter what because I was asian, but I didn't care because thats all I knew from being a kid and to now.... there'd be sessions with DPG, king tee and tray dee and all types of dudes making jokes and I'd come bacc hard at them dudes and we'd all laugh. and THEY ALL HAD TO RESPECT ME because i was real hip hop and I knew my *+@#, I wasn't some dude who bought a CB4 album.... I was at the OG run dmc shows and every concert from 1982 to that current time... they knew I could go toe to toe and that I was a marketing master regardless of color.

at the end of the day I thought Dre was gonna make me rich. I was so dumb and so caught up in trying to find the next big artist or seeing my name on a dr. dre produced album that I forgot to sit and watch Dre do his thing and duplicate it. around 1994 to 2004, I was one of the highest paid dj's and biggest name night club djs in LA and vegas and this was before AM got his fame..... I had basically said F the music biz and just dj'd full time or like 5 nights a week.... then one day (2 years after I quit aftermath) I walked into Record One (Dre's studio) and he said, yo Ben you makin records yet? and I just felt weak in the knees. all my power had left me. he then said, you have to be one of the dumbest cats I've met. all these resources in front of you, I woulda gave you all my drums and everything and sounds etc..... you coulda used me as a launching pad, you basically lived here in the studio for 7 years and you haven't thought about producing? I was so disgusted in myself (understand in 01, nobody had those dr. dre drum samples and all the extra free software, co-signs, everything) I just went home and really said man, it's too late to do it and contemplated on taking out my mpc and akai900 and trying to get into it, but I just felt like it wasn't my calling.

Most if NOT ALL nt's wouldn't know the story behing the movie if there NOT from CALI or Mexican-American, Chicano and of course the Gang Life.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

laugh.gif
This thread is great. Ben has been providing me entertainment on NT for years, but this thread is probably one of the best.
Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I wanna hear any Curtis Jackson stories that you got
nerd.gif

No hate, but I swear you are the cookie cutter white, Republican dude ALL THE TIME. This dude is telling stories about legends like Pac, Dre and Suge and you ask about 50? I don't know why I find that funny, but it just seems like something you'd ask.
laugh.gif
I didn't wanna say it but...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You should check out son's posts in the Music section.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I can't rag on TBONE too much though because he's a Yankees fan.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom