FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Super Hero Kermit? Nah it's cool but nothing stands out to be considered Pop of the year.

contenders:

1. Weapon X
2. IceMan
3. Megazord
4. Dragon Shield Ranger
5. Tony the Tiger
6. HT Maleficent Chase
7. Chase Dipper Pines*
8. ECCC Captain America

I don't want this to get outta hand list wise, pops gotta be more than just limited or based on personal likes. They need to represent something significant for the line or history of the character. They should also contain something incorporated into the pop design wise that makes it stand out, especially when taken out the box.

That's just how I feel. I'm putting an * next to dipper chase becasue while it is cool, not sure if there was enough changed from the non chase to the chase to make it a great pop. Like personally i think the Frodo Chase is better than the Dipper Chase because the pop has more drastic changes from regular to chase. But that's just my thoughts

Super Hero Kermit? Nah it's cool but nothing stands out to be considered Pop of the year.

contenders:

1. Weapon X
2. IceMan
3. Megazord
4. Dragon Shield Ranger
5. Tony the Tiger
6. HT Maleficent Chase
7. Chase Dipper Pines*
8. ECCC Captain America

I don't want this to get outta hand list wise, pops gotta be more than just limited or based on personal likes. They need to represent something significant for the line or history of the character. They should also contain something incorporated into the pop design wise that makes it stand out, especially when taken out the box.

That's just how I feel. I'm putting an * next to dipper chase becasue while it is cool, not sure if there was enough changed from the non chase to the chase to make it a great pop. Like personally i think the Frodo Chase is better than the Dipper Chase because the pop has more drastic changes from regular to chase. But that's just my thoughts

I have no clue what the hell dipper is

If you didn't watch the power rangers growing up you were most likely a weirdo... the Capri sun cooler talk in school use to be epic.

If you didn't watch the power rangers growing up you were most likely a weirdo... the Capri sun cooler talk in school use to be epic.

I watched a 2 season of it. Not a big thing for me. I was more of a cartoon head: thundercats, TMNT, Xmen, etc..

Regardless of the significance of the show, that's your nostalgia...ain't nothing special about that pop in any way.

That's the equivalent of the John Snow pop and the bloody John Snow Pop :/

Last edited:
Reading some posts I'm agreeing more with what's being said. Dragon Shield Red Ranger while cool really doesn't being an element to POTY category as opposed to Alpha 5.

Contender List:

1. Weapon X
2. IceMan
3. Megazord
4. Alpha 5
5. Tony the Tiger
6. HT Maleficent Chase
7. ECCC Captain America
8. FYE Jimi Hendrix.

While it's hard to be unbiased, one of the main criteria's i feel is the pop should warrant a great interest from a collector who doesn't collect that line at all. And not because it's store/shop exclusive or LE numbered. I've gone through 50+ pagges of funko blog posts for 2017, and the only pops i feel are missing from that list are those from Destiny and Overwatch. With us only being halfway done through the year, I feel there's a slim chance something will drop that's gonna be mind blowing.

Last edited:
I put like 10 of you on and barely see any of ya diving into these :lol:

There is a han and Luke storm trooper set in minis now...

I woulda been all over it... I'm still deleting people on my Facebook so no one will know I'm alive.

Back
Top Bottom