FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

just checked my local walgreens and no dice... then again i never find jack there... will check out another 1 later

Are people anticipating that these will be worth some money in the future like they did with beanie babies???
@DionteChristmasAllAmerican, I kinda thought it seemed a lot like Beanie Babies at first. However, they are much more like small collectibles representing movies/comics/sports/tv/etc and not just something "in it's own world" like Beanie Babies were. Who knows if they'll actually be worth money down the line...

I honestly feel like they will be like other vinyl collectibles down the road. KidRobot, bearbricks, Vinylmation, etc -- they will reach a high point and eventually settle to a common price. If you take a look at the older Dunnys and KidRobot licensed figures some still maintain a high value, but a lot aren't what they were four years ago. The good thing about POPs is that they aren't blindboxed like Dunnys and other KidRobot figures. 

Like some of us have said though, we're not looking to make value out of this. it's just nice having a character I love sitting up on my mantle. or have a bobble head riding in the car.

there are some pops that are in the $100's, but these things are so cheap and so easy to customize it's sort of ridiculous to even consider paying that much. Even if i won that jackpot lottery today I still wouldn't drop more than 30-40 on some of theones i want. (I'd probably just buy a part of funko and get em free anyway lol)

I know you didn't hit me with the damn Dionte Christmas LOL

We got the wrestling heads up in here now. You, Celtic and b sox. But what's great about these is that they are relatively cheap ($10), and Funko has so many licenses, there is something for everyone.

Yeah, that was the point of my post. Just buy what you like. I've been into collecting vinyl for 10 years. Spent way too much money on kidrobot stuff. But I bought them all because I like them. When Pops first started I really wanted to get into them but the quality control aspect was bad compared to kidrobot and even hasbro's short lived mighty muggs.

Im still not sure what the fascination is with these things. I dont know how they became popular or see the long term value in them.

With that being said, ive got 2 and if i come across another one that i really like ill totally get it. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Im still not sure what the fascination is with these things. I dont know how they became popular or see the long term value in them.

With that being said, ive got 2 and if i come across another one that i really like ill totally get it. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

basically just having what you want.

You like wrestling, bam
you like cartoons bam
you like movies bam.

It all starts with 2.

(my story started with a buy 1 get 1 50% off, a lot of people in here started like that

basically just having what you want.

You like wrestling, bam
you like cartoons bam
you like movies bam.

It all starts with 2.

(my story started with a buy 1 get 1 50% off, a lot of people in here started like that
Agreed! When I got my Lootcrate Groot I only had two (Avengers 1 Ironman and Cap America) then I started doing research on them and saw all the ones that were out there. From there I started buying the ones I wanted and it eventually turned into a collection. The same happened to me when I got into the shoe game back in 06'.

I dont even buy everything i like because then it would be out of control so i try to stay selective. i try to get what looks cool and for some reason i like the exclusives more but i do have the regular GR ones also. i started with buying a stormtrooper then got all the stars wars ones that i liked. i need to get that roddy piper one. have to hit up target

Last edited:
I went to target yesterday and they had about 15 Roddy pipers. but let me know before the weekends out. I've seen them go 15-0 really quick

Been on two hunts now where people have been hunting too. Both at BN I'm guessing we're all looking for Finn. Lol.

Thanks man you always look out for people. i will check out my local target if i cant find it ill let you know. ... just went to 3 walgreens and no dice now off to target

We got the wrestling heads up in here now. You, Celtic and b sox. But what's great about these is that they are relatively cheap ($10), and Funko has so many licenses, there is something for everyone.
Man I'm not into collecting wrestling memorabilia to be honest. I just poked my head in here to see why this thread was always up top.

I honestly feel like they will be like other vinyl collectibles down the road. KidRobot, bearbricks, Vinylmation, etc -- they will reach a high point and eventually settle to a common price. If you take a look at the older Dunnys and KidRobot licensed figures some still maintain a high value, but a lot aren't what they were four years ago. The good thing about POPs is that they aren't blindboxed like Dunnys and other KidRobot figures. 
The difference between Pops and the other guys is Pops has details that the other guys don't have. Bearbicks, Mighty Muggs, Vinylmation, etc. Are essentially all the same figures repainted. Pops throws in the little things like Deadpool having different weapons, different outfits, etc. This is why I see Pops having a longer longevity than the other guys.

Last edited:
Just started collecting these. Focusing on Star Wars ones right now

I got BB8, Smuggler's bounty Phasma, and Chrome Vadar.

Fun little thing to search for

Back
Top Bottom