FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

View media item 1859633Progress update: I started laying out the Pops on the staircases to see everything logistic-wise so now that I know how many I can fit, I gotta decide which ones I want in the case. I got another bookshelf that I'll have for my more common ones and then the case is where I'll display my more rare/exclusive ones. Will post pics when finished.

Appreciate the help.  No stores in my area and temporarily sold out online.  I think they hit the West Coast first as Cali stores have them, but the Midwest and East don't seem to have any stock.  I'm in a fairly remote area, so B&N online restock is probably my best bet.
It says one of my locals(Camp Hill, Pa) has them in stock, however when I reserve it for in-store pickup, I get a text and an email 10 minutes later saying they cannot locate it.

Still nothing at my local Walgreen's and I'm not surprised as I found out one of the managers collects, and usually grabs them when they arrive.

^ sometimes for exclusives they don't do that reserve option. Same thing happened to me for SDCC/NYCC exclusives. It sucks cause it seems to vary by location.

Progress update: I started laying out the Pops on the staircases to see everything logistic-wise so now that I know how many I can fit, I gotta decide which ones I want in the case. I got another bookshelf that I'll have for my more common ones and then the case is where I'll display my more rare/exclusive ones. Will post pics when finished.
Nice setup! Do you have any of your boxes? If so could you let me know how many boxes fit on those stands? I think I want to get a few more detolfs and get stands and set them up that way.

don't mean to sound stupid or anything but what's the point of these? just to display/collect?

went to gamestop today & almost bought Rey & Finn but didn't know what i'd do with them.

Last edited:
don't mean to sound stupid or anything but what's the point of these? just to display/collect?

went to gamestop today & almost bought Rey & Finn but didn't know what i'd do with them.
There for whatever you want them to be for honestly. Throw em in your car as bobble heads. Display in a room. Make a theme. Theyre not action figures but collectibles.

There for whatever you want them to be for honestly. Throw em in your car as bobble heads. Display in a room. Make a theme. Theyre not action figures but collectibles.

gotcha

might go back & pick em up actually. looking online now & they have a ton of cool ones

Appreciate the help.  No stores in my area and temporarily sold out online.  I think they hit the West Coast first as Cali stores have them, but the Midwest and East don't seem to have any stock.  I'm in a fairly remote area, so B&N online restock is probably my best bet.

He's online again.

Impulse cops from GameStop today. Another scumbag from GoT (who's worse? Ramsay or Joffrey?) and I heard Scar was retired and price was going up.

View media item 1859930

Thats a toss up. Joffery out here abusing his power, showing people their fathers cut off heads and is just a douche.

Ramsey is just sick in the head.

Still wanted to see Joffery die more, so Ima go with him :lol:

anywhere to see what Pops are about to get retired or recently retired?

might as well make a little to fund my addiction.

#resellislife

You're the man, @bb206!  I literally got cart jacked about 2 hours ago on B&N and then it was saying OOS
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

So stoked to have procured this particular Pop View media item 1860283

Last edited:
anywhere to see what Pops are about to get retired or recently retired?

might as well make a little to fund my addiction.

#resellislife

If only it was that simple. Its hard to tell which will be super popular after retirement. Or vaulting. (Thats actually the same word now according to Brian)

But all the vau k ted ones are listed on the site.

At this point the general rule of thumb is, 01 Batman, 07 Superman, 08 Wonder Woman, 06 Joker, and 02 Robin are going to continuiusly be in production. Everything else will eventually be retired.

Last edited:
Chases, con / event exclusives, will always be the limited "valuable" ones. but other than that, I think Funko is now starting to produce a bit more , remember exclusives dont mean limited, but they will eventually run out.

I also sort of think they're going to start slowly un vaulting things. or at least be re-releasing with a slightly different mold. (I.E. Toy Story)

and if you're like me and just want the character, why go back and pay for the "og" one when you can have the same character for retail.

I'm not a reseller but im not against them (until I can't get mine for retail hahaha)

Hot topic exclusives, barnes and noble exclusives, Bam exclusives, even Walgreen exclusives. to me aren't worth spending the money now just to hope they get up in price.. even some of the older HT exclusives arent worth much more than $40..
I dont know about yall but I hate spending money on things I dont want.

I dont mind helping out the fam. but im nto about to sit on 10/15 bucks for a year just to hope to make a 15/20 buck profit later.

(lol is this what you were talking about btw???) lol if not /rant im sorry.

Swamp Thing nice!

is that the GITD?

Yup it's the GITD. I've been trying to limit my Funko purchase to GITD variants of characters I actually like but it doesn't seem to be working lol. On another note my BVS metallic 2-pack set shipped from Popcultcha today. Can't wait to receive it! :nthat:

View media item 1859633Progress update: I started laying out the Pops on the staircases to see everything logistic-wise so now that I know how many I can fit, I gotta decide which ones I want in the case. I got another bookshelf that I'll have for my more common ones and then the case is where I'll display my more rare/exclusive ones. Will post pics when finished.

Where'd you get the riser stands from?

Chases, con / event exclusives, will always be the limited "valuable" ones. but other than that, I think Funko is now starting to produce a bit more , remember exclusives dont mean limited, but they will eventually run out.

I also sort of think they're going to start slowly un vaulting things. or at least be re-releasing with a slightly different mold. (I.E. Toy Story)

and if you're like me and just want the character, why go back and pay for the "og" one when you can have the same character for retail.

I'm not a reseller but im not against them (until I can't get mine for retail hahaha)

Hot topic exclusives, barnes and noble exclusives, Bam exclusives, even Walgreen exclusives. to me aren't worth spending the money now just to hope they get up in price.. even some of the older HT exclusives arent worth much more than $40..
I dont know about yall but I hate spending money on things I dont want.

I dont mind helping out the fam. but im nto about to sit on 10/15 bucks for a year just to hope to make a 15/20 buck profit later.

(lol is this what you were talking about btw???) lol if not /rant im sorry.

I think to resell these and have it be profitable/worth the time you have to buy the "Chases, con / event exclusives, will always be the limited "valuable" ones" like you said. Then, probably wait a year for the value to go up. So IMO it's not really worth it unless you can stock up on those types of pops somehow, which is really hard to do. But then there are those random pops that get vaulted and go up like Bane. Even the Teen Titans have tripled in price since I bought them for you this summer :x Still just sitting in a Toys R Us bag in my closet :smh: I'm not buying these to resell either. But I'll jump on a good deal or grab something while I'm out if I think I can use it as trade bait or if I know a NTer is looking for it :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom