FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

I honestly feel like they will be like other vinyl collectibles down the road. KidRobot, bearbricks, Vinylmation, etc -- they will reach a high point and eventually settle to a common price. If you take a look at the older Dunnys and KidRobot licensed figures some still maintain a high value, but a lot aren't what they were four years ago. The good thing about POPs is that they aren't blindboxed like Dunnys and other KidRobot figures. 
I collected Dunny's and Kid Robot licensed figures (Simpsons, Futurama Street Fighter). Then it seemed like Kid Robot wasn't doing so well, frequent discounts on their website, lack of pressence at SDCC 2014 (that's the only year I've been and was very disappointed they didn't have a booth), the retail locations closed down, even their website went down for a bit. And because of this and the fact that they just don't seem to sell out like they use to (I recall earlier Dunny series were made in fairly limited runs and once they're gone they're gone), I've held off on purchasing Kid Robot figures, I want the 25th Anniversary Simpsons set they have, but the last Simpsons set I purchased ended up going on sale for like 30%-50%!

I really would like Kid Robot to pick up again, the vinyls are very well made, details are much nicer than Pop! Vinyls, but it seems like their time is over, they can't really compete with Funko because that stuff is everywhere and they're making figures of pretty much everything that's relevant in pop culture.

What's happening here? Custom...?
Yup, saw it earlier today on Reddit. 

Amazing custom Stormtrooper FN-2187!

My Finn w/ lightsaber arrives tomorrow
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Haven't been keeping up with the thread. Anyone pick up the Aquaman ht exclusive? Didn't know it released already. Hope it restocks. Will take advantage of the gamestop deal when some stuff is in stock.

I basically asked the seller if the set he was selling was exactly the same as the stock photo he was using and he said:

"Hello David,in that case I'm afraid you have to cancel the order cause actually we do not have the original box.The four figures are totally the same , but that kind of package were no longer produced since the mid of 2014. It is very easy to be damaged during delivery.
Sorry for the inconvenience but I'm afraid there is nearly no set of orginial box left in the market. We only got very small quantity and now stop selling cause no stock left."

So I cancelled with a quickness. Mine had not shipped yet. The cancellation went through but I haven't received a refund yet.

Last edited:
Thanks bro. Now I just need to find a few others to make that shipping worth it haha

Repped
ask aroud our board. Plenty of peopke want stuff here. I want greywind. Ill pay you for it and help with shipping

Im sure others want things. What state u in??

Back
Top Bottom