FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Was leaving some feedback on eBay, skipped the dude who sent me Joffrey and sent him this message instead:

"I received this item and it was not "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details" as you described in your listing. The box was absolutely destroyed. It was so damaged that I saw where you (or someone) had taped the actual products box shut so it would stay together. Not to mention I'm sure it took even more damage as it was packed in an envelope with a single layer of bubble wrap. I am not going to leave you negative feedback. However, many of those who buy these Funko Pop! figures are collectors and value the condition of their boxes. Please have some integrity in describing the condition of your items in the future and also pack your items better so that future eBay members who purchase from you aren't so severely dissapointed, as I was, while receiving their items they paid their hard earned money for. Thank you."

Last edited:
They wrote back:

"i got your message and i am sorry you were not happy with your item i had my daughter help me with my items as i am disabled so i did not see how she packed it.i know when i gave her the item to pack it was intact i am sorry you are unhappy i too work hard for my money i use my eBay money to buy my grandkids stuff. i guess i should of charged more for shipping so the item could have been boxed. as far as this item what do you think is fair? i am sorry and can assure you i take pride in my items so let me know thank you and God bless"

wow. wonder if thats just a story or real life.

either way respect for you taking the high road and messaging him rather than just leaving negative feedback.

idk if i completely buy into that story, while he might be telling the truth, i think common sense would say not to ship a POP in an envelope. :rolleyes

I just told them:

"It is okay. I'm still enjoying the item. I have Joffrey displayed out of box with all of my other pops. If this was a more valuable pop I would be asking for a refund right now. It's not a big deal. I threw his box in the trash (it came apart completely once I opened the figure). I am just letting you know to avoid any problems you may have with buyers in the future if you continue to sell pops or other collectibles where the boxes are valued. If you had stated it would be shipped in an envelope I would have asked if you would be able to ship in a cardboard box with lots of wrapping and wouldn't have mind paying an extra few dollars. It would save a lot of headache. Any way, thank you for acknowledging you received my message and good luck in the future. I will not be leaving any feedback (positive or negative) for this item."

I'm really not mad because it's just common Joffrey. But y'all saw the pics. That was just ridiculous. Anyone selling these, no matter how common/rare the pop, should know to ship it in a cardboard box like it's fragile.

It's mainly your fault for buying a Joffrey POP :rolleyes

Partially his for shipping it that way, regardless of his situation he needs to make sure that if he states it's a certain way it needs to come a certain way. What if that was a Bane POP and he gave you that excuse.. the principle is the same.

Hennessy doesn't know that I work for USPS and ruined the box myself due to my hatred for Joffrey. :evil:

You guys think it's worth it to preorder the batman/superman 2 pack from popcultcha or will toys r us have them later on?

^same here, I ordered mine from PC last week when it was up and its already on its way along with the underwater Aquaman. I have a few TRUs around me but I honestly would rather pay a few more dollars and not deal with the headache of driving out there trying to beat the resellers.

Anyone happen to have any of the following for sale or trade (looking to complete my display):

- Unmasked Cyclops
- Unmasked Iron Man (AoU)
- Unmasked Captain America (AoU)
- X-Wing Pilot Luke
- Hoth Chewbacca
- Holographic Emperor
- Obi-Wan
- R2-D2

Told the GF that HT had Aquaman in stock after I saw the post on IG. She surprises me after she gets off work by sending me this text and saying "Oh you looking for this guy?"

View media item 1867152
Said he girl at the counter it was the last one. She used to hate my Funko obsession thing but I've slowly brought her to the Popside especially since she wants the upcoming Alice in Wonderland pops.

Hot Cash starts today and HT has none of the new POPs i want.

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman Exclusive
Carnage

Anybody interested in any of these can have them for retail and minimal shipping fee. Condensing my collection...

View media item 1866587

im interested in Buddy and Reverse Flash.

Wait.... i thought it was glow in the dark..is it??

i dont think it was said to be GITD.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's just an aqua color. I won't have a car all week so I dunno if I can buy in store. Will just keep checking online.

Back
Top Bottom