FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

I feel you on this. It's the same with Kaws pieces IMO. I'm sure the quality of the fake Funko is like the fake Kaws pieces where it's a softer plastic or what not but its just a toy that your going to display not even have kids play with. I mean yes artistic integrity and all that jazz but cmon sometimes it hurts the soul to see sky high prices for some of these pieces.

Especially when you're talking about something that retails for $10 or less. I mean if I could find fugazi bane or dr doom I'm in.

Anyways so smugglers bounty box still open for another 2 days. So either they're not selling or Funko wants to cash out.

I dunno, I feel if you are a collector, you respect the integrity of the product you are collecting, same goes for kicks and everything else, is like collecting fake stamps...why even bother?...it defeats the purpose of collecting IMO...customs of pops never released is one thing, like the ones Funkoboss makes which come with a custom box and all, but to buy a custom made to look like an unattainable exclusive is kind of silly.

Collecting is expensive, I see you guys not be happy over 70$ for a pop, my thing is if the pop holds value to you, then buy it!...you guys should see what I've spent on HT in the past 1.5 year :x

And also isn't part of the thrill of getting these, the actual hunt?...a grail is a Grail for a reason, it's hard to find and will cost you, but once you have it, your collection feels complete!

Funko just taking ALL my monies! 
tired.gif

Ima check out a different walgreens hopefully they have a better pop stock if not ima need a hand with these fellas

I dunno, I feel if you are a collector, you respect the integrity of the product you are collecting, same goes for kicks and everything else, is like collecting fake stamps...why even bother?...it defeats the purpose of collecting IMO...customs of pops never released is one thing, like the ones Funkoboss makes which come with a custom box and all, but to buy a custom made to look like an unattainable exclusive is kind of silly.

Collecting is expensive, I see you guys not be happy over 70$ for a pop, my thing is if the pop holds value to you, then buy it!...you guys should see what I've spent on HT in the past 1.5 year :x
I somewhat agree with you for integrity of collecting. But.....at the same time im not exactly collecting because of the company..im collecting because of the fandom of the character. It'd be one thing if i knew of funko before and was collecting okd school cereal brands and wobblers... but i didnt. It was more...no..solely because i enjoy the charachter.

This is where it differs from nike or addias. Youre buying the company and its tech. Buying the actual name. Im not doing that with pops.

Last edited:
That Taskmaster is a must. My Walgreens stock is usually questionable at best, so I'm more than likely gonna need an oop
nerd.gif

I somewhat agree with you for integrity of collecting. But.....at the same time im not exactly collecting because of the company..im collecting because of the dansom of the character. It'd be one thing if i knew of funko before and was collecting okd school cereal brands and wobblers... but i didnt. It was more...no..solely because i enjoy the charachter.

This is where it differs from nike or addias. Youre buying the company and its tech. Buying the actual name. Im not doing that with pops.

Nah of course bro, to each its own, at the end of the day the collector determines the value of these things and everything else for that matter...

For example you bring up sneakers and tech, most collectors don't even wear their kicks and couldn't care less for the tech or nowadays even quality, dudes buy Jordan's because they are Jordan's, best example is the Yeezys, I love them have owned 4 pairs starting with the first Nike releases had to sell them off, now the 350 Boosts have variants that literally look exactly like the originals, for 1/3rd the cost, I find myself wanting them, but then I feel I'd be cheating myself because I know they are just variants....may be silly on my end but I'm a fan of Kanye and specially his kicks, couldn't care for the comfort or tech, I like them for the design and because I'm a fan...same with Pops, same with hot toys, same with Starbucks City mugs....if I personally want a specific item that bad, it's already valuable to me and unless I can afford the real thing I'm simply gonna hold off and won't go the variant/fake route, but that's me bro and is simply my opinion.

Funny I've been praying for Hot Toys to pick up TWD liscence and give us different Ricks, unfortunately they don't have it, so about 2 months ago I started building my own, paid 150$ just for a custom head sculpt and 100$ for a used body and putting his outfit together...so I understand customs if the real thing didn't exist and you want it that bad....I've already spent over 200$ on my custom Rick and another 1/6th company got the liscence and is putting out an official Rick next year for less than 200$ my custom is better tho...lol

Moral of the story, you put the value on it and determine if it's worth it to you....if it is, BUY IT....I wouldn't hesitate dropping 50-70$ on a pop I really really want.

Man I hate that Walgreens is getting these Marvel exclusives :smh: .... All my walgreens around me are flooded with the Star Wars... I have yet to see the stores get the second run of the Marvel Set with the repaint Punisher. I had tdogg2k tdogg2k opp me the Punisher.

I need iron spider and goblin for sure...might also possibly need that black suit if it's different from the one that dropped earlier this year

Finally spiderman charters i can get behind.
And no one feer theyre not hitting most walgreens yet
I had always heard dec/jan

That Task masker is sick!!!!!

use to play with him on MVC3, didnt know much about him back in the day

My walgreens is usually good to me. so you know I got yall on that oop.

anyone else notice Task master is 124 though.............
I think we only have up to 105 with the morbius right.
19 more Marvel pops inbetween????????

Last edited:
I need iron spider and goblin for sure...might also possibly need that black suit if it's different from the one that dropped earlier this year

Looks like it was the white outlines for the web on the suit....can't tell for sure tho

man Ima need an oop on Taskmaster, Iron Spider and Green Goblin. My Walgreens suck. Still haven't even seen the Star Wars Exclusives..

Stopped by my local comic shop and they had these in. No Screech or Jessie though..

View media item 1786248

Also for those in the Secret Santa, try to hold off on buying POPs until after the swap. I already bought some for my elf today and it would suck to receive something you bought for yourself..

Nah of course bro, to each its own, at the end of the day the collector determines the value of these things and everything else for that matter...

For example you bring up sneakers and tech, most collectors don't even wear their kicks and couldn't care less for the tech or nowadays even quality, dudes buy Jordan's because they are Jordan's, best example is the Yeezys, I love them have owned 4 pairs starting with the first Nike releases had to sell them off, now the 350 Boosts have variants that literally look exactly like the originals, for 1/3rd the cost, I find myself wanting them, but then I feel I'd be cheating myself because I know they are just variants....may be silly on my end but I'm a fan of Kanye and specially his kicks, couldn't care for the comfort or tech, I like them for the design and because I'm a fan...same with Pops, same with hot toys, same with Starbucks City mugs....if I personally want a specific item that bad, it's already valuable to me and unless I can afford the real thing I'm simply gonna hold off and won't go the variant/fake route, but that's me bro and is simply my opinion.
Moral of the story, you put the value on it and determine if it's worth it to you....if it is, BUY IT....I wouldn't hesitate dropping 50-70$ on a pop I really really want.

I understand a little more now.
I think another part of it seems to be the OOB vs. In box collectors as well.
I feel you though.

looks like that spidey is the same one as the old #79. so many numbers in between , can't wait to see what gets what. hope they're new molds not repaints.
(I think they gave Agent Carter with orb a brand new number)

Also rumor slightly confirmed wont release til January

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom