FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

I'm all in at this point. Just wish it was on Netflix so I could binge :lol:

Great characters, writing, and plots. The jail episode was wild because of the low key commentary on the criminal justice system.

Someone said that the entire season was up on Google Play to purchase for $16, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Someone said that the entire season was up on Google Play to purchase for $16, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Probably buy the whole season for $16 and when I new episode comes out you get it that day. That's how iTunes used to be when I would buy seasons.

"Oh we don't have the happy hour menu anymore"

"Whaaaaaaat......"

Earn is the most relatable tv character I have ever seen in my life.

Darius though! Dude is me in real life :lol:
I had to pause da dvr after he said "whaaatttt"like dat lmao dem early broke stages takin yo girl out be real lol

I like the dynamic and differences with Earn and Paper Boi. Both intelligent, but one is out in the streets, the other a Princeton dropout, but both chasing their art.

Glover picked Hiro Murai, his longtime music-video director, as the primary director for Atlanta over other people he had met with and loved, including Tangerine’s Sean Baker and Creative Control’s Ben Dickinson. “Hiro’d never done narrative before, never done television,” Glover said. “Everybody kept asking, ‘Are you sure you want to do it with him?’ And I’m really glad, because when I’d ask him, ‘Is this normal for a show?’ he’d be like, ‘I have no idea, I don’t know.’ But that’s how we made something personal. We’d do something and then start giggling and be like, ‘That’s tight, this is dope, I’d like to see that.’ ”

Probably why it "feels" unique. No traditional tv filmmaking behind it.

Last edited:
I like the dynamic and differences with Earn and Paper Boi. Both intelligent, but one is out in the streets, the other a Princeton dropout, but both chasing their art.
Probably why it "feels" unique. No traditional tv filmmaking behind it.

Princeton drop out?!

When did they mention that?

Man... I gotta go back and re watch...

Catch more gems like when I re watch the Wire.

When Quavo said "We can solve that" all menacingly regarding the suitcase full of cash and in the next scene he's like "We'll just take the cash and you can keep the briefcase" had me cracking up
laugh.gif

"Yo, I know you was not just listening to my conversation. Girl, you are something else."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
when quavo said that, i figured like everyone else dude was bout to cut his arm off. instead...  the smart solution that somehow escaped most of us lol

Princeton drop out?!

When did they mention that?

Man... I gotta go back and re watch...

Catch more gems like when I re watch the Wire.

When Earn first talks to his cousin about managing him (on the sofa outside) his cousin asks "How's Princeton? Still taking a year off... three years later?"

Last edited:
Man that 3rd episode was just :rofl:
That stuff about following your dreams and making compromises was too real :smokin

Last edited:
This has quickly become my favorite show. Re-watching an episode w subtitles on (to catch all the dialogue) has never been so rewarding.

When Paperboi and Darius are talking about the drug deal they got going on

"we got a deal with the Mexicans"
"We goin' to see the 'migos"

BOOM, the Migos make an appearance (not that I know any of their music but I know of them)

It's funny that Darius (who plays Snoop in SOC) says we're going to see the Migos and real life Snoop disses the Migos

I love how they basically introduced to the rest of the world how Atlanta really uses the term migos. I've found myself rewatching these too which I don't usually do.

Of course it does, but that's the slang for the mexican (cartel) connect. "We going to see the migos". Like how "Papi" was for the Colombians.

Last edited:
Darius: What you call your gun.
Paper boi: ***** gun.

"Don't be scared darling that's just the smell of hard work on me that's all" *winks*

(Clears throat) "Hello cousin, how are you today?" (Pained look on face)

:rofl: :rofl:

Never rewatch episodes during a season but these first three episodes have been so good.

Quavo killing Marcus gave me the same feels as the mental illness scene. Show delivers.

Darius: What you call your gun.
Paper boi: ***** gun.

"Don't be scared darling that's just the smell of hard work on me that's all" *winks*

(Clears throat) "Hello cousin, how are you today?" (Pained look on face)

:rofl: :rofl:

Never rewatch episodes during a season but these first three episodes have been so good.

Quavo killing Marcus gave me the same feels as the mental illness scene. Show delivers.

Really dope show.

A lot of good scenes that catch me off guard in a good way. Doses of depth in character development.

Back
Top Bottom