FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

so if "making the best of your situation" and "taking advantage of what you in front of you" is exploitative then what is paper boi's label doing?

how about the radio station the white guy works for?

are they exploitative too?

Yes :lol: I don't know what you're trying to get at. They're mostly all exploiting something in some way.

Hell Earn is trying to exploit Paper Boi, he found out dude was a rapper and ran to latch on to the situation.

Its jus i heard a lot of talk in here about how paper boy is exploitative but not so much about anyone else except zan

Its jus i heard a lot of talk in here about how paper boy is exploitative but not so much about anyone else except zan

I feel you. IMO most of the characters are exploitative minus like Darius and Earns BM.

These people aren't perfect. They're very real life without being over the top, there's flaws in all of them. That's what makes me enjoy the show.

I feel you. IMO most of the characters are exploitative minus like Darius and Earns BM.

These people aren't perfect. They're very real life without being over the top, there's flaws in all of them. That's what makes me enjoy the show.

She played him like a fiddle at the restaurant knowing he was broke. :lol:

i mean muscially, what is paper boys alternative?

if he doesnt rap then he should what sing? sing country music or rock music?

or is it that he raps about his environment?

in which case again what is the alternative? gospel rap?

like what could he do musically that would not be exploitative?

If he made, released, and performed music for free then he wouldn't be exploiting anyone. That would be using art almost solely as a means of expression. But like Blake and Sleazy said, that's unrealistic because ___s are struggling and looking for an out so, just like in real life; it boils down to what types and in what circumstances you consider exploitation to be an issue.

If you want to support but cheap af

Not everyone is someone who buys TV shows, and that's fine. I'm typically not. But if you want to show a little monetary support and are looking to buy it, I thought it would be good to let you know the season is available for half-price on the Google Play store for the month of September. But you have to use this coupon.
If you click the link below, a screen will come up with all of the shows that are half-price, one of which is Atlanta. You can buy episodes or the full season. New episodes are uploaded the day after they air. (Episode 3 is available now and it's 3:20am for me.) The listed price is $16.99 for SD and $22.99 for HD
US: https://play.google.com/store?code=FALLTVUS50
Mexico: https://play.google.com/store?code=FALLTVAMERICA50
Canada: https://play.google.com/store?code=FALLTVCA50
UK (EU?): https://play.google.com/store?code=FALLTVTV50
If there's a problem it will say so after you click the link. To see the new price you have to choose SD or HD, then it will ask you to confirm, and it will show the coupon giving you half price. Some people have said these don't work for them, but as far as I can tell there's no rhyme or reason why not.
In case you're wondering, found these from the /r/googleplaydeals and /r/efreebies. I would've posted the face episode 1 was free a couple of days ago, but I didn't know this sub existed. Sorry about that.

Had to double back and thank you. Got the season in HD for like $11.49 :pimp: (had around $8 in Play Credit already too, so $3.49 really.)

Last edited:
Seems like only the night of new eps. Right after they'll rerun the previous ep after the new ep.

I've sat there coutin' food prices while a woman ordered tryna keep things under budget before. I know how he felt. Wasn't as broke as he was but man...I related to that whole night

I hate when they order dessert. I'm sitting there drinking water cause it's free and she gonna order an app, main course, dessert and a beverage.

I hate when they order dessert. I'm sitting there drinking water cause it's free and she gonna order an app, main course, dessert and a beverage.

When I first moved to Atlanta, my first date with mt daughter's mother was like this. I actually only took $60 out the stash thinking I would have enough. Left the card at home with all the money on it.

Plan was to go to Bangkok (food there is outstanding, she loves that place now), had the coupon: buy one meal, get one free. Then hit the movies. Had enough in my mind.

Lawrd behold, she had a taste for the cheesecake factory. Rewind back, I'm coming from New Orleans. At the time, there was not a Cheesecake Factory nor I knew what it was. My idea of a date back at home was a blunt, Popeyes and going to the lakefront :lol:

So we get to the cheesecake factory, I'm looking at these prices and was like wtf. There goes the movies. She comes out the gate ordering a drink. I'm over here drinking water.

She goes on ordering her entree, full rack rib plate. Not the half rack, a full rack. I ordered a salad. She gonna say, "you not hungry?" :lol:

Long story short, she goes ordering desert and by then I realized I'm ******. I tell her, I'm going to the restroom. I went to call my homey who lived 3 blocks from the spot. He answered but he was talking about he's on a date too and won't be about another 20 - 30mins before getting to me. I called one more person, and he was like I'm on my way. But, he put me on game. "Be a man and go out there and admit to not having enough and you'll work it out." After that Coach K prep talk, I told him don't worry about coming.

So I go back out there, told her the situation and asked if she can help me out until I get home to pay her back. She claimed she didn't have any more. (Lying ***). Asked the manager to come over, explained the situation, I was $20 short plus no tips. I explained I'll be back first thing in the morning and I wi take care of the tip too. Gave him my cousin business card, who was a CEO of an IT company. Wrote my info and told him he can reach me, if I don't comply.

Now she talking about, she full and had the itis. I'm like yeah, after grand standing on my tab. Dropped her *** off home.

Next day, she called me and said she enjoy her time and loved the way I handle the situation. So I flex big time :lol:
I sent her to pay the remainder of the tab, left a $20 tip for the waiter. And brought us lunch to go :lol:

Talk about pride :lol:

Years later after we got toegther, I found out that she had $200 in her purse the whole time. She just wanted to see what I would do.

After that, never would I allow a woman to do that. Young and naive to the big city. So used to being in the hood, just wasn't prepared. :lol:

First dates is always at a coffee house. :lol:

Last edited:
LMAO that's why I just use my debit card and worse case scenario she order too much I'm gonna eat a overdraft charge

That's why you gotta plan ahead. If you assume that a soda, app and meal costs $30 for one person, you gotta at least have $60. The. You go to a place like chilis or Applebee's that have that range and go with it

Man I plan for about $100 a meal and I'm always delighted to see $60-$80. Only time I was surprised was when we went to Fogo De Chao and saw that doggon gatuity *retches*

Man I plan for about $100 a meal and I'm always delighted to see $60-$80. Only time I was surprised was when we went to Fogo De Chao and saw that doggon gatuity *retches*

If you're in Altanta, Chama Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse is an alternative. Plus they serves unlimited shirmps..

They're about $10 cheaper per person :lol:

Applebees, Chili's, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, LongHorn be coming in the clutch with the shared appetizer, 2 entrees and deserts for $30 or $40 :smokin

She played him like a fiddle at the restaurant knowing he was broke. :lol:

Nah that's his fault. He knew he was broke before he asked her out on the date. Don't take nobody out when you know your ends ain't there. Should have found his own restaurant instead of asking his boy. Google is free.

Yeah I noticed that cuz neither picked up the hat that fell to the ground
laugh.gif
I mean he was giving them away

Last edited:
Nah that's his fault. He knew he was broke before he asked her out on the date. Don't take nobody out when you know your ends ain't there. Should have found his own restaurant instead of asking his boy. Google is free.
She not faultless tho. They both are fully aware of his financial status. He should not have sat there and spent money he didn't have and she should not have expected him to be able to pay full price for seafood. Hell if a chick told you she couldn't afford her half of the rent but wanted to take me to a fancy restaurant and eat fresh seafood at market price you better tell her to run you that rent money

these days, unless you really really REALLY cool with the chick and she knows what's up.. or yall going dutch

gotta carry at least 150-200 or at least have that available ESPECIALLY if you're planning on drinking any sort of alcohol

Back
Top Bottom