FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Nah that's his fault. He knew he was broke before he asked her out on the date. Don't take nobody out when you know your ends ain't there. Should have found his own restaurant instead of asking his boy. Google is free.

She not faultless tho. They both are fully aware of his financial status. He should not have sat there and spent money he didn't have and she should not have expected him to be able to pay full price for seafood. Hell if a chick told you she couldn't afford her half of the rent but wanted to take me to a fancy restaurant and eat fresh seafood at market price you better tell her to run you that rent money

He should have spoke up. Stop being timid. Server shouldn't have talked over him but the fact remains, HE BROKE DON'T ASK VAN OUT ON A DATE. Should have told her in the car that we have a budget. Communication is key.

Nah that's his fault. He knew he was broke before he asked her out on the date. Don't take nobody out when you know your ends ain't there. Should have found his own restaurant instead of asking his boy. Google is free.

She not faultless tho. They both are fully aware of his financial status. He should not have sat there and spent money he didn't have and she should not have expected him to be able to pay full price for seafood. Hell if a chick told you she couldn't afford her half of the rent but wanted to take me to a fancy restaurant and eat fresh seafood at market price you better tell her to run you that rent money

Bingo...she ran up that tab knowing that bamma didn't have it. :lol:

Earn had $60, right? He was even gonna cut it close with the happy hour specials...dude was playing russian roulette w/ his funds and his girl basically called his bluff.

He should have spoke up. Stop being timid. Server shouldn't have talked over him but the fact remains, HE BROKE DON'T ASK VAN OUT ON A DATE. Should have told her in the car that we have a budget. Communication is key.

Pride/ego is the downfall of many folks...

No debate, but she did the right thing? Sat down and ordered market price seafood? Ordering drinks? Making him get a drink? Making him tip the waitress. He should have spoke up but she should have told him a picnic was fine with deli sammiches

Bingo...she ran up that tab knowing that bamma didn't have it.
laugh.gif

Earn had $60, right? He was even gonna cut it close with the happy hour specials...dude was playing russian roulette w/ his funds and his girl basically called his bluff.
I think when he realized the happy hour specials was gone and his plan faded away he realized he had no back up plan and everything was happening too fast and once he did get a handle on what was happening only thing he could do was check the damage/go to the bar and see what his tab was. He still should have sat down and ate that L and said he was over his head and tried to make it up to her another way but she still ain't gettin' off scott free with me

If I look at a menu and I see the prices are ridiculous, we are leaving.  End of the story
laugh.gif

I've done that too lol First time at a legit steakhouse and sat down and seen $25+ plates and my wallet started wimperin'. That and the service was piss poor so we both agreed to leave

No debate, but she did the right thing? Sat down and ordered market price seafood? Ordering drinks? Making him get a drink? Making him tip the waitress. He should have spoke up but she should have told him a picnic was fine with deli sammiches

I bet if he did a picnic, she would have been fine with that.

If anyone is in that situation, I feel for them, but it's 100% your fault. Earn's situation is even worse cause it's not like this was a first date with someone he didn't know and was trying to impress - it was his BM who he's known forever. Speak up. Ask for them to go half or that you'll pay them back. Anything is better than just letting someone rack up a bill while you get stressed out. Might as well go on the Half Baked date and actually have a good time.

I hate when they order dessert. I'm sitting there drinking water cause it's free and she gonna order an app, main course, dessert and a beverage.

When I first moved to Atlanta, my first date with mt daughter's mother was like this. I actually only took $60 out the stash thinking I would have enough. Left the card at home with all the money on it.

Plan was to go to Bangkok (food there is outstanding, she loves that place now), had the coupon: buy one meal, get one free. Then hit the movies. Had enough in my mind.

Lawrd behold, she had a taste for the cheesecake factory. Rewind back, I'm coming from New Orleans. At the time, there was not a Cheesecake Factory nor I knew what it was. My idea of a date back at home was a blunt, Popeyes and going to the lakefront :lol:

So we get to the cheesecake factory, I'm looking at these prices and was like wtf. There goes the movies. She comes out the gate ordering a drink. I'm over here drinking water.

She goes on ordering her entree, full rack rib plate. Not the half rack, a full rack. I ordered a salad. She gonna say, "you not hungry?" :lol:

Long story short, she goes ordering desert and by then I realized I'm ******. I tell her, I'm going to the restroom. I went to call my homey who lived 3 blocks from the spot. He answered but he was talking about he's on a date too and won't be about another 20 - 30mins before getting to me. I called one more person, and he was like I'm on my way. But, he put me on game. "Be a man and go out there and admit to not having enough and you'll work it out." After that Coach K prep talk, I told him don't worry about coming.

So I go back out there, told her the situation and asked if she can help me out until I get home to pay her back. She claimed she didn't have any more. (Lying ***). Asked the manager to come over, explained the situation, I was $20 short plus no tips. I explained I'll be back first thing in the morning and I wi take care of the tip too. Gave him my cousin business card, who was a CEO of an IT company. Wrote my info and told him he can reach me, if I don't comply.

Now she talking about, she full and had the itis. I'm like yeah, after grand standing on my tab. Dropped her *** off home.

Next day, she called me and said she enjoy her time and loved the way I handle the situation. So I flex big time :lol:
I sent her to pay the remainder of the tab, left a $20 tip for the waiter. And brought us lunch to go :lol:

Talk about pride :lol:

Years later after we got toegther, I found out that she had $200 in her purse the whole time. She just wanted to see what I would do.

After that, never would I allow a woman to do that. Young and naive to the big city. So used to being in the hood, just wasn't prepared. :lol:

First dates is always at a coffee house. :lol:

Win, lose or draw, das it mane. Was on a date with a chick I KNOW walked off on another dude for not having enough dough, recurring payment I forgot came through and I didn't have enough dough. Actually kinda embarassed when the bartender brought the new receipt with the remainding balance back. Kept it 100 and she paid, ended up being my girl for a minute. Worked at the same place though, so maybe she knew I was good.

Man my bill's would be half what they normally are if I didn't order drinks.
I remember went to a strip club and ordered a double shot of Henn and when she said $18 I thought I misheard and handed her my card and decided I had enough to drink when I looked at that receipt. Coulda bought me a bottle in the real world.

I do remember spending close to $50 at a cigar bar. It was worth it tho, I was throwed AF

If anyone is in that situation, I feel for them, but it's 100% your fault. Earn's situation is even worse cause it's not like this was a first date with someone he didn't know and was trying to impress - it was his BM who he's known forever. Speak up. Ask for them to go half or that you'll pay them back. Anything is better than just letting someone rack up a bill while you get stressed out. Might as well go on the Half Baked date and actually have a good time.

Man a couple years ago i went on a spur of the moment date, so I didn't have time to go to the bank, and I had made too many transfers during the month(I barely keep money in my checking and pile everything into the savings), but we went to some restaurant and I deadass would adding up everything in my head, cause the chick was ordering all kinds of stuff :lol: :lol: she reached for check and paid since "[I'm] the one that invited you out anyway", so it was all good.

Man a couple years ago i went on a spur of the moment date, so I didn't have time to go to the bank, and I had made too many transfers during the month(I barely keep money in my checking and pile everything into the savings), but we went to some restaurant and I deadass would adding up everything in my head, cause the chick was ordering all kinds of stuff :lol: :lol: she reached for check and paid since "[I'm] the one that invited you out anyway", so it was all good.

:lol: you were about to hit her with the real life Kevin Hart line. "I would but you see the way my bank account is set up"

Man my bill's would be half what they normally are if I didn't order drinks.

I remember went to a strip club and ordered a double shot of Henn and when she said $18 I thought I misheard and handed her my card and decided I had enough to drink when I looked at that receipt. Coulda bought me a bottle in the real world.

I do remember spending close to $50 at a cigar bar. It was worth it tho, I was throwed AF

where you buying a bottle of Henny for $18??

you talking bout this bottle?

I was sayin' I felt like I coulda just bought a bottle instead of payin' $20 for two shots

Ern put himself in that situation ...he shoulda spoke up or finnesed (which he ended up doing ) ...I know EXACTLY how much I wanna spend when I take a chick out and I always got exit strategies if I'm cutting it too close :lol:

It was a wrap as soon as he said "whaaat" :lol: everything fell apart from there.

Bingo...she ran up that tab knowing that bamma didn't have it. :lol:

I think when he realized the happy hour specials was gone and his plan faded away he realized he had no back up plan and everything was happening too fast and once he did get a handle on what was happening only thing he could do was check the damage/go to the bar and see what his tab was. He still should have sat down and ate that L and said he was over his head and tried to make it up to her another way but she still ain't gettin' off scott free with me

Agree with all of this here.

Like I said, pride is a mf. Hope them puppies pay off cuz bruh is hurt right now.

I don't spend money on these hos for ****. Maybe that's why they hate me [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Oh you one of them? :lol:

Y'all don't have credit cards?

Coming from New Orleans at the time, I never even heard of a debit or credit card. Everything was cash.

This was back in 2003. My mother had to hip me on the debit card first :lol:

Besides I wouldn't charge $100 dinners on my CC.

Last edited:
Show is consistent.

Episode 4 wasn't as funny as the others but still good.

Ep. 4 was cool that opening was funny. "You want a hat?" :lol:

Glad this got renew for season 2 :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom