FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

The wire is one of the goat series. Atlanta is not. The wire had a clear plot with various arcs that came together in one way another. Atlanta is closer to sketch comedy than a actual series. Most episodes have nothing to do with the previous.

Absurdist comedy is in right now.

I swear this show done transformed into a racial Black Mirror. Not complaining, just didn’t see it coming.

:lol:

They making artsy fartsy after school lessons about **** that those who know…already know. Wonder who they are making these for lol

They making artsy fartsy after school lessons about **** that those who know…already know. Wonder who they are making these for lol

I guess everyone not black or white. If you're one of the aforementioned you already know the ugly truth and that reparations ain't coming. They'll forgive college loans long before they start giving money to ADOS unfortunately.

I love this show

but I will say this much. I wouldve loved 2 separate shows. Atlanta which solely stuck to the Paperboy ascension in the rap game, and then the second show for episodes like the first one and this most recent one.

Regardless, I love both, but I cant stunt I really wanted to know what was up with Van this week :lol: guess I'll find out next week

They tryna stretch the actual arc of Paperboi career by sticking long *** Random Acts of Flyness sketches in between :lol:

Like you said that would be a great spin off show for this same team to do but ****** was expecting to see the story we been following continue lol

They tryna stretch the actual arc of Paperboi career by sticking long *** Random Acts of Flyness sketches in between :lol:

Like you said that would be a great spin off show for this same team to do but ****** was expecting to see the story we been following continue lol

They’ve been doing this since season 1 tho.

How can you act like it’s new or some tactic to stretch out the main plot?

They’ve been doing this since season 1 tho.

How can you act like it’s new or some tactic to stretch out the main plot?

They didn’t take detours to being a Jordan Peele esque racial scenario sketch for an entire episode and when they did do non Paperboi’s career plot based episodes it still had to do with the themes of the character. Paperboi in the forest and his mom, Darius being a weirdo is The only reason he stayed as long as he did at Teddy Perkins house, Earn and Van at the weird white people party for Van’s job or whatever it was. The earlier seasons tackled these same themes/did the same sidebar detours without focusing on some random new people or having Full House type speeches at the end of each episode spelling out the theme (Jai Paul/Darius convo last episode, Earnest speech at the end of this one) lol

They didn’t take detours to being a Jordan Peele esque racial scenario sketch for an entire episode and when they did do non Paperboi’s career plot based episodes it still had to do with the themes of the character. Paperboi in the forest and his mom, Darius being a weirdo is The only reason he stayed as long as he did at Teddy Perkins house, Earn and Van at the weird white people party for Van’s job or whatever it was. The earlier seasons tackled these same themes/did the same sidebar detours without focusing on some random new people or having Full House type speeches at the end of each episode spelling out the theme (Jai Paul/Darius convo last episode, Earnest speech at the end of this one) lol
So you just forgetting episodes and doing some revisionist history? Okay

Talking about earlier seasons like this not season 3.

I need to look sh up cause I can’t remember off the top of my head

but this now the 2nd of 4 full episode with zero real connection to the characters or story

Just caught up to the latest episode.
Felt like a wannabe mid tier black mirror episode. 0]
I think i'm a just binge watch the episodes at the end of the season. :rolleyes

So you just forgetting episodes and doing some revisionist history? Okay

Talking about earlier seasons like this not season 3.

Lmao at conveniently leaving out the examples of what you’re talking about

Every other non “rap career” plot episode aside from the FUBU joint (which I believe was technically still Earn / Paperboi) had one of the main characters and illustrated a theme . These are straight up racial concept sketches that could be on a random filmmakers YouTube/Vimeo. Actually the latest one is quite literally a long form of the ***** better have my $$$ Random acts of flyness sketch up there lol

The only possible redeeming thing about these is that white dude who keeps popping up name being Earnest and them possibly going full Twin Peaks/psycho thriller/etc and all these side characters and what not are gonna be important later. If these are one off episodes then yeah they’re going in a weird direction that seems to be catered to white people who “need” to hear these “lessons” (at age 25-30+ :lol:)

Lmao at conveniently leaving out the examples of what you’re talking about
No.

I said what I said. You’re the one adding extra stipulations and made up exceptions.

From the beginning, there have been eps that didn’t have anything to do with the main plot. Side stories on to themselves.

No.

I said what I said. You’re the one adding extra stipulations and made up exceptions.

From the beginning, there have been eps that didn’t have anything to do with the main plot. Side stories on to themselves.

Cool. Prior to season 3 did they all feature 1 or more of the main characters thus adding context to the main plot? Yes or no?

Save the energy coming up with a sassy reply: the difference this season is that these have nothing to do with the characters or the plot. Would be cool as it’s own thing tho.

Last edited:
Cool. Prior to season 3 did they all feature 1 or more of the main characters thus adding context to the main plot? Yes or no?
That’s not what this is about so it doesn’t matter.

Again you’re just making up new stipulations to make a distinction between this season and the other two when the episodes in question are the same thing.

You can try and say they’re different cuz one character shows up but it doesn’t matter :lol: No matter how much you want it to.

Back
Top Bottom