FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

I thought it was a good episode. I am curious how more side episodes they got like this. Is it 8 or 10
Episode season?

Im very much enjoying Atlanta.
I don't actually care that much about Paper Boi's career
or any of the other plot machinery established in the earlier seasons.

so I don't have a problem with the bottle episodes.

I really like the more complicated nuanced themes the show.
It doesn't just give you the boring prescribed blue check mark approved politics

that plagues so much of the prestige tv landscape.

tv episode about reparations had the potential to be incredibly boring and predictable
but they kept it unpredictable and interesting by telling the story from a white dudes perspective.

And in the process make you sort of feel sympathy for him (even though he had subversive racist tendencies and benefited from white privilege).

yah the entire ep really works to put you in his head, and you feel how the concept of reparations
might feel like a horror movie to white people, **** might as well be like the shark in jaws. :lol:

I did not even look at this episode as an endorsement of reparations, if anything it took a more neutral stance of it.
if anything imo it's more an exploration of the absurdities and contradictions racism produces.

even when you try to make amends for it.

Referencing that...do you think animal "ownership" (specifically dogs and cats) is a form of Whiteness?

Like look how that dog is eating lol.

Referencing that...do you think animal "ownership" (specifically dogs and cats) is a form of Whiteness?

Like look how that dog is eating lol.

I think certain people go overboard with how they treat their pets especially when you see how they treat other people

But they played up a lot of points.. hitting the no wash cloth and lack of preparation into the food

But to me the biggest thing was when he ran up on the police officer and how quick he was to assume their innocence and dismiss the things he said in spite of how obvious some things appeared to be.. and it was only the black social worker who actually looked at painfully obvious things

It’s points like that, that I wish certain things were done differently in episode 4

You have a process server and law suits happening, have white Doug go speak with a lawyer

Plus where were the Candace Owensss of the world ready to defend white people.. or do they now conveniently accept racism exists and that they are actually black

It’s points like that, that I wish certain things were done differently in episode 4

You have a process server and law suits happening, have white Doug go speak with a lawyer

Plus where were the Candace Owensss of the world ready to defend white people.. or do they now conveniently accept racism exists and that they are actually black
Amazing how the Whiteness flipflops...

Earns monologue in episode one truly is poignant.

While interesting, the more I think about episode 4 the people i want to see in that world and how they react are these 3 groups:

1) the white people who think JFK jr is still alive

2) people like sage steele

3) white kids who already feel wronged enough by society to think going out and shooting up a school should happen

I started rewatching the first season. In the first episode (black)Earn wakes up and said he had a dream he was swimming underwater, through seaweed, but it wasn’t seaweed, it was hands pulling him down. I hope this season ends with some mega full circle ****. Not Earn homeless again full circle tho.

2FC196AA-A6E4-41FC-96A7-E039B7D10904.jpeg

i wish the episode went deeper into how large scale slavery was beyond certain white people

peru has a history with slavery, as does the spanish empire.. not hard to see slavery was abolished in Peru in 1821 and supposedly actually abolished in 1854

i wish the episode went deeper than it actually did.. for example, speak to the individuals who sold out their own people to slavery, have them suffer consequences for the actions of their ancestors not to the degree of those who outright owned slaves but something

Last edited:
That is an interesting take. What if it had extended to African nationals who enabled the Trans Atlantic Slave trade?

They were prisoners of Whiteness as well?

And was that one kid in season one an allegory for Candace Owens or Larry Elders?

Back
Top Bottom