FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Checkers in the south and Rally’s in the west, but it always irked me Big Boi said he was eating Rally’s burgers in AtLiens.

I could have done without the “D’Angelo” storyline, I wish it would have been a whole episode on the YWA angle… Sosa starring in a family movie look crazy as **** but I guess ppl would have thought the same thing about Ice Cube back in the day :lol:

I think you're getting Carl's Jr and Hardee's confused

Rally's and Checker's is interchangeable. I can find both in VA, and Checkers in DC and they have Rally's in the midwest and Checkers in New York.
Nope there are some spots wheres theres both(I was trying to save the TeChNiCaLlY) but in GA. Its Checkers

1A7C5364-CE38-46B1-A81F-CF87792F2DFC.jpeg

I’ve never seen both co-exist eg White Castles/Krystal’s, Checkers/Rally’s, Hardees/Carl’s Jr.

What’s the deal with Dasani?

I’ve never seen both co-exist eg White Castles/Krystal’s, Checkers/Rally’s, Hardees/Carl’s Jr.

What’s the deal with Dasani?

Folks...well lemme be specific, black folks, at least around my way dont mess with Dasani. Growin up ppl would look at you crazy for drinkin Dasani. And Im from the midwest and other places I been too be on the same thing. Mfs say it "tastes funny". How this all originated/began I got no clue, but the second he opened that locker up and I seen it was Dasani I busted out dyin laughin cuz I already knew what it was.

So what are the “good” waters?

I usually just buy the supermarket gallons and throw it in a camelback.

Earn literally got visibly upset and refused.

I still didn’t even understand the whole we are D’Angelo thing.

:lol: literally posted those clips to show not liking Dasani wasn't rly a black thing specific to any region

You prolly just gotta taste it bro. My mom's used to have baby Dasani bottles of water I had to drink B4 I could drink soda. It just seem like they put the wrong electrolytes in they water.

"Good" waters are very subjective cuz you paying varying (.45 to an extra dollar) prices for essentially the same thing.

Most bottled water is tap water anyways, that processing doesn't bother me since it's the convenience. However Dasani's formula is different, only water where if I reach for it when i'm coughing it will probably make me cough more.

This episode is already hilarious. The million dollar offer, the PR firm with the white woman, Paper Boi in the studio, ricking and rocking

That meeting with the rappers was crazy real. I think it was a great plot point to address especially for those who wanted to see Paper Boi at the top.. he's there but what else is there after that? I can see the slight disappointment but once we saw what else this show can do, I'm glad it didn't turn into the rap Entourage. That would have gotten boring. This version of the show is so much better and more interesting.

Paper Boi being stuck with the cowboy kid :lol:

Dasani being his breaking point gave me Community vibes with Glover as Troy and the "D'Angelo" damn

His kid died... Jesus. He did it for one ep and quit. I like the direction they're going with this season a lot.

I never knew about the Dasani thing but stayed away because tasted funny. Didn’t realize there was a collective distaste for it.

What about Aquafina? 👀

I’m staying with some family right now and that’s all they buy.

Also, I think the “top” is subjective. Big Picture, there’s only so far someone like Paperboi can go. He’s a “street” rapper. And demographic, his prime demographic are blacks (not to say White or Asians won’t buy it…they will). But the point the OG is by having the avatar you can have an Eminem or Harlow, which can appeal to a broader demographic. Charles Holmes from the Ringer discussed it in their last companion episode.

Jay-Z is heralded as one of the greatest rappers of all time. His best album, sales wise, was Vol 2, at 5 mill+. Whereas, Eminem went Diamond with the Marshall Mathers LP. On the podcast, they discussed Adele vs Jazmin Sullivan. Talent wise, they’re similar. But…sadly Adele crosses “barriers.”

Last edited:
Definitely a difference in success.

I don't even think Paperboy is at the Jeezy/Rick Ross level. I think he might be more on the Boosie level.

Not to say Black Artists can’t cross over eg Michael Jackson, Usher (with Confessions), Nelly (with his second album), etc. That’s Magic Negro territory like Oprah, Obama, Rock, etc.

Back
Top Bottom