FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Your post is still funny to me my guy. :lol:

I’d be doing it a disservice if I didn’t bring it up when talking about the nonsense y’all type in defense of season 3
It was more an indictment of y'all not defense of S3. It doesn't really need defending. Especially given the complaints.

This is basically same logic some Drake stans tried to use for that Honestly Neverminded album :lol: New version of you need a certain level of intelligence to listen to J. Cole
I don't listen to Drake to get the reference.

I will say though its does take a certain level of intelligence to listen to some rap music.

A lot of yall don't know what a metaphor is.

Last edited:
there’s a difference between saying you didn’t like something and calling it trash for the dumbest reasons and giving terrible suggestions on how to fix it.

You've been in this thread attacking people and calling them dumb for how they feel about a tv show. Think about that for a minute 🤣, post your name in the credits or a paystub for your work on this show. Why are you so personally invested in how someone else watches and enjoys/dislikes a show 🤣🤣🤣

Who are you to say what is and what isn’t Atlanta?

Donald created it. Whatever he made is Atlanta.

This whole perspective sounds very dumb.

People want to box shows and this show in to what they're used to and their expectations.

Some people wanted a show about a rapper and his family and friends. You can go see reality TV for that.

I mean...I wanted a continuation of the story line from the end of season 2.

But I aint mad at what we got. Far from it in fact. Season 4 was incredible. Truly enjoyed those last 3 episodes immensely, but the entire season was top notch.

I'm of the opinion that it was a dream. Them ****** was way too happy about that Popeyes for it not to have been.

0B2B6146-E768-4E3F-A813-D17FCD5E0BA1.gif
7969495B-0EA6-40B0-BF98-CBEE2CF1E6B2.png

Was kind bummed this week that there was no new episode and even more so that the reality sank in that it was over.

There aren’t many TV shows I follow, and this one I watched religiously. I enjoyed all 4 seasons for what they were, and enjoyed the discussions around it.

Will be curious to see what Donald does next as well as seeing where Paper Boy, Darius, and Van will go with their acting careers. Amazing show.

Caught the finale. Glad they delivered with a Darius wrap up. Been waiting on this one. I too think they wanted to tease the idea that this whole show was him “in the tank”. But I think that smile at the end confirmed for him that it was indeed real.

"Before the show joins the archives of our favorite cult classic TV series and films, we interviewed writer/producers Jamal Olori and Taofik Kolade, who explained some of the best scenes from Atlanta, including Black Justin Bieber, Teddy Perkins, and that wild cameo from Alexander Skarsgard. As it turns out, reality is so bizarre, sometimes the jokes just write themselves."

going listen to all of the ringer pods on this final season..

then i think i'm going do a full rewatch.. actually i might do a rewatch of just the season.. AND then do a full rewatch of the whole show

only thing i kinda wonder is if the order of paperboi episodes should have been different.. still ending up at the same place.. but maybe start with chasing the white avatar.. and then the other stuff he dealt with.. and then have the blueblood stuff, which makes him realize he should end up as content as he is at the farm

Just finished the last episode, wow. What a journey.

Atlanta will definitely go down as a classic show. It's unique for obvious reasons, it's blackness both in its characters and it's content, it also is extremely rewatachable.

I hesitated to finish this season in part due to it being subpar in comparison to the other seasons, but also honestly the emotion of it actually being over. Despite this it still has gems (the episode about goof troop and the finale rank as all time episodes for me)

Perhaps more than any other show, it captured moods and complex sentiments in ways that have never been done before. The emotion I felt after watching the episode on reparations, the anxiety I felt about the middle school episode had me reminded about how stressful school is growing up :lol:. Atlanta, as corny as it sounds -defies categorization. It launched Laketh and others in the cast obviously.

I do in the end feel the spinoff episodes were better than the story-line ones. I never really cared what happened to paper boi honestly, and Earn was likeable as a character, but pretty unlikeable too, but man did they hit on some of the spin-off stories..Alligator man etc... too many to count.

Love ATL, you will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom