FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

You're making things more complicated that what it is

Some people just wanted/expected season 3 to follow the same path as 1 and 2. It's not that deep but it is what it is.

Obnoxious elitism/snobbery is worse than their complaints.
nah that’s not what it is. y’all are misremembering. there was a lot of complaining in this thread about foolishness
Nope, I said season 3 was garbage, season 4 is what Atlanta is and should be.

Don't fix your fingers to call, of all people, me non creative. There's a reason this is my screename; being a creative is what I do every day. My thumb has more creativity in it than your entire existence, my G.
what do you create?
and it wasn’t garbage. but ok.

and it wasn’t garbage. but ok.
It was garbage... To me. I went back in this thread, and for the ones who were saying anything negative about season 3, you had to hit us with the "you don't have to watch it" or "so tired of hearing about the one off episodes. Just don't watch". Deal with it. A lot of people didn't like season 3, but enjoyed season 4 because it felt like the first two seasons. I even prefaced it twice in here before S4 started.

I have the same feeling for this last season like I did with Insecure. I'll tune in since I've given so much time to the show, but my expectations are zero to none. Just don't go out sad.

Don't fix your fingers to call, of all people, me non creative. There's a reason this is my screename; being a creative is what I do every day. My thumb has more creativity in it than your entire existence, my G.

The line of thinking that Atlanta is and should be whatever you want it to be is crazy to me. Sounds wild coming from a “creative”.

The line of thinking that Atlanta is and should be whatever you want it to be is crazy to me. Sounds wild coming from a “creative”.
When did I say it should be what EYE want? I *literally* said S4 > S3 because it was JUST LIKE S1, S2. Need more clarification?

When did I say it should be what EYE want? I *literally* said S4 > S3 because it was JUST LIKE S1, S2. Need more clarification?

No clarification needed. You made it clear lol.

Is this not you saying S4 is what Atlanta is and should be? Am I reading that wrong? :lol:

328AC7DE-A5B5-4917-AFFB-3E2B3D52BFE4.gif
A0A6158B-363B-4BF2-9C49-58C487F75393.gif

Why do people care how someone else watches television. Overall I enjoyed the show more than I did not. Some episodes are absolute classics some episodes were too out there for me some episodes were a waste of my time and some episodes are some of the best TV I've ever seen. Everyone is not going to like everything and just because you like something doesn't mean you have to like all of it. At the end of the day I'll miss the show very rarely do you get actors on a TV show the caliber of Stanfield Henry and Glover. I'll try to watch anything these three do in the future and just enjoy it for what it is and not try to put it on a pedestal or tear it apart.

Why do people care how someone else watches television. Overall I enjoyed the show more than I did not. Some episodes are absolute classics some episodes were too out there for me some episodes were a waste of my time and some episodes are some of the best TV I've ever seen. Everyone is not going to like everything and just because you like something doesn't mean you have to like all of it. At the end of the day I'll miss the show very rarely do you get actors on a TV show the caliber of Stanfield Henry and Glover. I'll try to watch anything these three do in the future and just enjoy it for what it is and not try to put it on a pedestal or tear it apart.

agreed. people get real weird about this show, and a lotta shows for whatever reason, if someone elses take on it doesnt align with their own. If you like it, cool, if you dont like it, thats cool too lol. And even if folks didnt rock with it they shouldnt have an issue voicing it in the thread. Thats what makes digesting any type of art - music, film, theatre, architecture, etc so dope cuz we all can look at the same **** at the same and have different opinions on it.

I appreciate the theory that this could all be Darius dreaming the entire time. It gives A lot of the "wtf?" moments that happened some closure to me cuz now I can just chalk it up to this tweakin mf was just dreaming :lol:

I would def be down for a Random Acts of Flyness type of show outta Glover I think he would kill that.

Last edited:
All seasons were fire, including season 3. I maybe biased as I hoped season 3 actually went abroad (them damn “expectations”). Besides, the whole “come up” thing is played smooth out. Snowfall, Power, Empire ect. The “come up” theme would’ve just made it another one of the pack. Overall classic show. I just hope Donald, Stephen and Hiro gon’ head and give the horror thing a shot. The was playing with it all series.

Why do people care how someone else watches television.

agreed. people get real weird about this show, and a lotta shows for whatever reason, if someone elses take on it doesnt align with their own.

It’s NT logic (really internet logic but I digress).

“I like something, therefore everyone must like it just the same, and I take offense if anyone else doesn’t like it because that calls my taste into question.”

Folks don’t grasp the concept of subjectivity as well as they should. Disagree with someone’s opinion on this show (particularly S3) you gotta be prepared to read stuff like this

this thread was littered with non creative nters that never made anything in their life who wanted to give donald glover direction on what this show should be.

Most of these ****** local so they wont get s3 when it comes to a rapper that has made it and gone global. Would be ignoring too much if they didn't do it.

:lol: 🤷🏿‍♂️

Idk I think, “I don’t like this but Im gonna keep watching and talking about it…”, is weirder.

Way weirder.

If someone is hate watching (watching just to hate or express that they’re not a fan) sure. That’s very weird.

But most of what I’ve been seeing on these past couple of pages were some people not liking S3, but still giving credit to seasons 1, 2, and 4… followed by some people practically telling them:
-they’re wrong for not liking season 3
-they’re in no position to critique/not like season 3

Idk I think, “I don’t like this but Im gonna keep watching and talking about it…”, is weirder.

Way weirder.

Enh…idk bout that. When it comes to shows they kinda get the benefit of doubt, because things can change over time for the viewer. Perfect example is “The Wire”. Folks bash Season 2 allllll the time. But if you keep watching instead of just throwing in the towel, it gets better. Ive seen folks say similar things about “curb your enthusiasm” and “breaking bad”, so I dnt think its odd. Just my two cents tho…

“I like something, therefore everyone must like it just the same, and I take offense if anyone else doesn’t like it because that calls my taste into question.”

Folks don’t grasp the concept of subjectivity as well as they should. Disagree with someone’s opinion on this show (particularly S3) you gotta be prepared to read stuff like this

My post still rings true.

No reason you should be this bothered by it :lol:

Last edited:
Your post is still funny to me my guy. :lol:

I’d be doing it a disservice if I didn’t bring it up when talking about the nonsense y’all type in defense of season 3

I really don’t understand how anybody who’s a fan of this show could not enjoy Season 3… Only questionable episode to me was the last one with Van

The first episode of S3 was a masterclass. From the Lake Lanier intro, the nods to viral memes, and them flipping a tragic story. I had read about the story so I recognized it and when they loaded up the van I had a knot in my stomach cause I was anticipating the worse. They rely on foreshadowing and the tension of the Lake Lanier intro and completely flip it at the end.

All seasons were excellent 👌🏽 and I’m glad they got to experiment even if it wasn’t always my cup of tea. I love the creative boundaries they pushed and hopefully it influences others to do the same.

God I’m gonna miss this show.

Last edited:

If someone is hate watching (watching just to hate or express that they’re not a fan) sure. That’s very weird.

But most of what I’ve been seeing on these past couple of pages were some people not liking S3, but still giving credit to seasons 1, 2, and 4… followed by some people practically telling them:
-they’re wrong for not liking season 3
-they’re in no position to critique/not like season 3
steve-carell-thankyou.gif

Most of these ****** local so they wont get s3 when it comes to a rapper that has made it and gone global. Would be ignoring too much if they didn't do it.

This is basically same logic some Drake stans tried to use for that Honestly Neverminded album :lol: New version of you need a certain level of intelligence to listen to J. Cole

I think the main issue people refuse to separate something they don't like from something that's objectively bad/trash. Everything is great or garbage.

There is something about the streaming/content wars era of shows/movies that people have a different attachment to them.

Back
Top Bottom