FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

But we acting like there wasn’t a Teddy Perkins episode before. And how can we the audience dictate the art by the artist? Just don’t watch it. We act like there isn’t a ton of content to be consumed today. Go watch Snowfall or Ghost or Power.

Key word being EPISODE not half the season which is what made that episode stand out the way it did.

We as an audience can't dictate the art, but we are surely free to critique it.

If people weren't a fan of the show, they wouldn't have been watching the season to begin it. So just telling folks, go watch something i, isn't necessary.

But we acting like there wasn’t a Teddy Perkins episode before. And how can we the audience dictate the art by the artist? Just don’t watch it. We act like there isn’t a ton of content to be consumed today. Go watch Snowfall or Ghost or Power.

You sure told us. :lol:

None of us told DG how to make that nonsense of a season. We watched it (as is the role of the viewership) and offered critique… as is our right after watching.

I mean they’re saying what the overall consensus has been. The twilight episodes outshined the core stuff. They were the most memorable takeaways from this season aside from vans 1 episode downward spinal/break point. It was the most forgettable season thus far.

I saw multiple references to the Paperboi trip episode and how that was a favorite.

Probably too soon to really give a valid opinion. Right now, it’s either you liked or hated season three. Gotta wait until season four is in the rear view and a few years to see if the series as a whole resonates and if season three really was bad.

I hear people compare it to Wire season two.

I didn’t watch the Wire until last year. So season two wasn’t a disappointment for me. It was a different target, different scale, area of Baltimore. Was it as exciting, street level as the first season? No. But to me, going after dealers and not suppliers/distributors seems like a waste of time.

I do agree that a lot more balance could’ve been created between the tangential episodes and the main story. There might have been a central theme (if it’s not whiteness than oh boy) but compelling story? Maybe not without, imo, giving us more meat and less sides.

The wire season 2 is arguably the most important season. It shows you who the real plug is, how the drugs get imported and the other industries the drug money funds: human trafficking, counterfeit goods, illegal car exporting and terrorism but they couldn’t touch on that last one post 9/11. The war on drugs isn’t about the drugs, it’s about the money and how there’s no paper trail or taxes being paid. The sobatka family was collateral damage and also a window into what white people consider plight. A guy like Nick selling drugs to help move his girl and kid out of his parents basement in a safe neighborhood. A slap in the face to the lives of Wallace, Poot and Bogey selling drugs to eat, surrounding by violence and poverty.

Bro the ****ing ostrich egg, hope they do a Teddy Perkins prequel episode :lol:

54A78E2D-D30B-4B38-B072-84EBA22C5AB2.jpeg

044DC990-B5D7-44B1-8BF8-F20AA0D399C3.gif

7A076287-F285-4B86-8416-64FDBA0BF7AE.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if this season is more grounded
Just by it being back in Atlanta, 100%. But interesting that they filmed these seasons back to back so there’s no tonal shift from S3 based on any audience or critic reaction. It’s just gonna be whatever they intended.

Right but they had to have known how different they made this first half of the season and maybe that was deliberate to contrast to the next. I don't think hey would have changed based on critic reaction, but rather whatever creative direction they were going

Back
Top Bottom