Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
**** Dr Dre. :rofl: I don't even care if Detox ever releases, whereas these I do. 

Plus Detox has been supposed to drop every year since 2003 lol how can it take you a decade to drop ONE album?! But I digress.

I actually feel like the Detox hype reached a massive peak & has since subsided. I actually think it might never drop now that Beats By Dre are as big as they are & due to Dre's obvious fear of failure.

As for these Rookies though I'm going after them strictly for trade bait.

Last edited:
Lets be real people : The zoom rookie galaxies are only hyped up and sought after due to the potential resale profit. Its nothing new at all and to those knocking MARK081990 for stating THE OBVIOUS FACTS, hang yourselves. If these were deemed a general release, the fanfare would quickly subside. Don't lie to yourselves people. Don't get caught into the fads of the moment and have perspective. Galaxy print and glow in the dark soles are not piece's of revolutionary technology hence it potentially not having a lasting transferable impression 20 years down the line. Hyperfuse/flywire/nike plus will define this era of nike and surprisingly will be missed and sought after when Nike uses another material as their marquee tech/ performance enhancement mechanism. Just my $0.02.

Lets be real people : The zoom rookie galaxies are only hyped up and sought after due to the potential resale profit. Its nothing new at all and to those knocking MARK081990 for stating THE OBVIOUS FACTS, hang yourselves. If these were deemed a general release, the fanfare would quickly subside. Don't lie to yourselves people. Don't get caught into the fads of the moment and have perspective. Galaxy print and glow in the dark soles are not piece's of revolutionary technology hence it potentially not having a lasting transferable impression 20 years down the line. Hyperfuse/flywire/nike plus will define this era of nike and surprisingly will be missed and sought after when Nike uses another material as their marquee tech/ performance enhancement mechanism. Just my $0.02.
Damn it's that serious huh? Go hang ourselves 
laugh.gif
?

Yea cause galaxy print with glow in the dark soles are so easy to come by. Another character playing Mr. Know it all.

The main factor is having the whole Galaxy Series, from a collectors standpoint of view. Some are only after all the galaxy shoes worn in the ASG 2012, some are only after the Penny Galaxies, some try to get the whole Zoom Rookies shoes, so there are all kinds of reasons to go after them and therefore it will be tough to get them!

I appreciate my attorney AXELROD ^^ helping me out with this argument. Although, I don't think it's as serious as committing suicide but he makes some great points. Hyperfuse and Nike + technology are the future for Nike basketball right now. Galaxy Rookies are very nice I'm not knocking them. Looking ahead I think most will rank LBJ X GMs above Galaxy Rookies. The Rookies in general have been an average sneaker with average sales. At the moment you could put galaxy print on a pair of Air Max 2012s (an average sneaker) and hype would be through the roof for them.

Galaxy is what's in at the moment but I think its a fad. A fad like cements were for Jordan 3s. Cements are still really nice on Jordan 3s nearly every1 would agree but cement on spiz'zike and many other Jordan brand releases have felt unnecessary and almost overkill. Spiz'zike is actually an example of it used decent but you know the Jordan sneakers I'm talking about. The more its done the less special it is. I know hyperfuse and Nike+ didn't originate with the X's and it'll be used more and more in the near future but I think it's more of a classic definining shoe than the rookie galaxy's anyway. Galaxy foams is a harder case to make because they started the hype.

Just my .02¢

Of course the LeBron X Gold Medal will be remembered long after the Galaxy Rookie because it carries the name of a NBA super star. If the X was just another shoe, it would sit like the Rookies sit so essence both shoes are hyped. One due to a star and the other due to a certain print on the shoe. I have no issues with what you originally said other than you making the claim the LeBron's gold medal shoes will be like MJ's gold medal shoes and that's just not happening. No shoe will ever be like MJ's shoes ever again. MJ is like Micheal Jackson. He is a one of one.

I agree AJs won't be matched by any athlete. 1 sneaker (LeBron X+ Gold Medal) will be looked at as the equivalent to the AJ Olympic VIIs IMO. I know its a reach to many but hear me out. Jordan wore the VIs in the '91-'92 season and debuted the VIIs in the '92 Olympics. Lebron wore the IX's in the '11-'12 season and debuted the X's in the Olympics.

However, my original argument had nothing to do with AJs whatsoever. Obviously, AJs > any sneaker line. Period.

Nike playing too much with these :smh: hopefully I get the jades then I'll be forced not to buy anything till the 9's/11's drop

...we're talking a Historic Signature shoe of an All Time Great for a Gimmick Hybrid shoe...

how is the zoom rookie more of a gimmick than the lebron x? and the only thing historic about the new lebron shoe is the price. and so yeah, i mean that in a bad way.

the rookie is not a great shoe bc they foolishly skimped out totally on the comfort. it is a great looking shoe imo, however.

i only wear nike products casually anyway.

Last edited:
The pairs released in Europe are already climbing up the 400 - 500 USD mark, I assume these will go for USD 600, so much for speculation!

Why are there actually so many zoom rookies in red for sale? The release is only on November 10th!

The pairs released in Europe are already climbing up the 400 - 500 USD mark, I assume these will go for USD 600, so much for speculation!

560 bucks and counting, one is even at 660 bucks already!

This is not hysteria anymore, this GALAXIFICATION

Back
Top Bottom