Game 3 - Fri April 24 Portland at Houston 9:30PM ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 26 Portland at Houston 9:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Tue April 28 Houston at Portland TBD TBD
Game 6 * Thu April 30 Portland at Houston TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 2 Houston at Portland TBD TNT
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

So, the Rockets lost home court last night with a loss to the Mavericks. To be perfectly honest, aside from wanting home court, I wanted the Rockets to facethe Hornets or the Blazers, as I think both are the weakest teams heading into this thing. I know Portland is young and they have depth, but they also haveplayoff inexperience. Furthermore, all bias aside, when Yao gets the ball on the block, he is virtually unstoppable, with an array of hook shots and jumpers. To defend Yao, your best bet is to front the dude. Last night, in the first half, Yao had his way against Dampier. He got into foul trouble quick, racking up4 through 3. Because of this, the Mavericks had to send in Bass and Ryan Hollins, guys who are a lot shorter than Yao, and a lot lighter. They fronted himeffectively, rendering Yao useless in the 2nd half. With Portland, they have legit bigs, ie, more traditional big men in Pryzbilla, Aldridge and Oden. They're going to play Yao more straight up, and as a result, he's going to have a field day. If Aaron Brooks and Ron Artest can play under control, Ilike the Rockets chances. While Portland is very good at home this year, I believe the Rockets can steal one of the games. It took a Brandon Roy miracle 3that really took 1.3 seconds in 0.8 earliner in the year for a Blazers win. If this is the case, the Rockets stealing a game, then the series is a wrap IMO,as, the Rockets are dominant at home. Something like 52-9 going back to last year. With two wins against Portland this year under their belt as well. Allin all, I think the Rockets take this in 6.
pimp.gif

With that said, let me call on my Rockets brethren, in no particular order:

nyk buc, Statis22, TimelessFlight, bonafide125, RetroBaller, blackxme, Clutch 713, nicedudewithnicedreams, ShaunJon, PH3N0M3N0N, gescobe, jamergrady, N O R E AG A, 0cks, HTownRox14, Sik Wit It 23(?) and whoever else I'm missing. My bad.

To my Rockets brethren who disappeared over the years: Kadoma, trav something 03(?).

To Niketalk's Admin, who's a Rockets fan, but posts once every 5 years: CSoldia
laugh.gif

To the T-Mac faithful: SHUGES, OneTrust, I see you. My dude Crank Lucas as well.
pimp.gif
I know Diplomat TDot, Mez One, and Dirtylicious are T-Mac/Yao/Rockets fans on the low. I see ya'll.
smokin.gif
My dude jvile819, who know's what's up, as our dude Von Wafer isinstant buckets
pimp.gif

We haven't sniffed the second round since 1996-1997. 12 years.
sick.gif
tired.gif

Let us pray that this year is the year.
nerd.gif

pray.jpg

8f125e14cbace449c159f49dda73c6faf61a4b7.gif

pimp.gif

I'm looking for Yao to beast on the Blazers

though for some reason I have a feeling Roy is gonna go nuts in this series
ohwell.gif

Finally we are back where we belong. We took a short and frustrating break from the playoffs after 21 consecutive years of appearance, and now it is our timeto shine.

Blazers are rolling right now, have won 10 of 11 games, six of those by 20 or more points, and some of those have included wins over the Lakers, Spurs, Jazz,Nuggets and Suns ... ironically, our only loss during the past few weeks was to the Rockets, but that will just make us that more hungry to beat them.

We welcome to the Rose Garden and to Rip City ... enjoy the city, because you won't be winning any games here.

Prediction Game 1: Blazers 99, Rockets 91.

RIP CITY 2009.

I'm still bummed that we didn't get homecourt. I been hearing it all day from Mavericks and Spurs fans saying we blew it yesterday.
smh.gif

I was hoping we would get either the 3rd or 2nd seed to avoid the Lakers as long as possible but first round win is what I want the most right now.

i was disappointed last night. they had a GREAT chance to get the 2 seed and basically have an easy way to the WCF before facing the lakers. now they'llface the lakers in the 2nd round if they beat portland.

o well, go houston.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

pimp.gif

I'm looking for Yao to beast on the Blazers

though for some reason I have a feeling Roy is gonna go nuts in this series
ohwell.gif
portland is the PERFECT matchup for houston. roy isn't kobe or lebron. battier and shane will slow him down a lot.

Yeah, that Roy 3 was flukey, but so was Roy's touch-foul on a Yao jumper that put Houston up 1. Roy will be just as likely to commit a bonehead play likethat in the final seconds as he is to hit a 3 near half-court at the buzzer, so using that as justification for saying "Well, Houston basically won thatgame" is stupid, and it's especially illogical to think that just because Roy hit a game winning 3 five months that it's natural to EXPECT Houstonto be able to steal a game in Portland.

Watching us self destruct last night was so disappointing. We should be able to take this series though.

Blazers in 6 or 7...they are one of the hottest teams in the nba right, if not the hottest. They have been blowing out teams at home...

rockets only won th season series cuz they played 3 games this season, 2 at houston.

For the Blazers to win they need to stop ... SCOLA ... i swear he gives portland problems every time, at least at houston...and the other thing is, yaoprevents roy from driving to the rim as much, which is concerning...

rudy and outlaw is huge in this series

I think Ron, Shane, and Lowry matchup well against Roy, Outlaw and Rudy defensively.

I'm anxious to see how Portland plans on defending Yao. If you let the entry pass get in, Yao will pick apart the D and in turn, when the double teamcomes, the 3 ball will start following.

I fully expect the Rockets to show up in Portland and make a statement stealing game 1.

Houston in 7

I can see the Rockets creating problems in the paint as well as disturbing the Blazers offense.
The Blazers will fight to the finish though, but come up short IMO

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say Rockets in 6. I think Yao will be a little too much to handle on the inside, and our defense will be able to stop the Portlandbench, which is one of the best in the league. Lowry, Wafer and Landry though can hang in tight in there, and I bet we steal game 1 on the road, and make it acakewalk when we come back to the Toyota Center.

Only thing I'm mad about is Game 2 - 1000 - NBATV FTL

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Yeah, that Roy 3 was flukey, but so was Roy's touch-foul on a Yao jumper that put Houston up 1. Roy will be just as likely to commit a bonehead play like that in the final seconds as he is to hit a 3 near half-court at the buzzer, so using that as justification for saying "Well, Houston basically won that game" is stupid, and it's especially illogical to think that just because Roy hit a game winning 3 five months that it's natural to EXPECT Houston to be able to steal a game in Portland.

I hate when Rockets fans say that game should have been theres.

I have no real rooting interest either way, although B. Roy is currently one of my favorite players to watch. I just think this is going to be one of thebetter first round series. I'm looking forward to watching it. I think Houston's experience advantage will get them over the hump in the end, but Icould easily see the serious going the other way too.

Houston in 6
pimp.gif
I figure Portland is a talented but young team. They play hard but I think they rely on their jumpshooting way too much. They have no real inside presence
and although Lamarcus Aldridge is good, he doesn't play with his back to the basket. The only person that can pose problems for the rockets is B.Roy.
And I swear if the Rockets don't make it out of the first round this year I'll be suicide watch.

We got this in 6. This is probably the best match up we could ask for. My favorite time of the year. Clutch City goin nuts

Rockets fans bring up the Roy shot basically because it's like a 1 in 10 type shot that gave the Blazers the W.

Blazers are great at home, and have been hot, but honestly the Rockets match up very well against them.

Yao will do work against Oden and Pryzbilla, and because LA is more of a jump shooting PF, Scola can hold his ground on the defensive side. Scola can'tkeep up with F's who put the ball on the ground.

On the flipside, I don't think anybody on the Blazers can contain Landry. Landry is gonna be big on the glass on both sides of the court.

The only way I see Yao being stopped is if they begin to front him but Rick Adleman has to find a way to get Yao the damn ball.
Run some high screen and rolls and let Yao pop out for that 16-18 ft. jumper, I know he can hit it with consistency. And another key
for the Rockets is for Ron Artest to lose that tunnel vision syndrome of his, I swear dude dribbles around for half the shot clock and ends up
taking horrible shots. PASS THE BALL RON!

posted this in the other thread.. portland's my team. but i want to see my cousin yao finally make it out the first round. either way im happy with whoeveradvances.

yao winning a championship this year would be over achieving, but he'd make my peoples proud
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom