Gas Price Hike

It doesnt help has company i think BP bought that water4gas invention and paid google to ban the advertisements of it

It may sound silly but it works. I added it to a old car i had... some people still sell it

Also a person can convert their car to propane

fam, can you please elaborate here?

The cheapest shell in this area is at 4.23 for 91. :smh:

I don't want to stop an hour, I want to fill up my tank in less than 5 min and be on my way.

So because your impatience won't allow you to wait an extra 55 minutes, electric cars are completely impractical?

I'm sure some people would rather spend the $1000s of dollars a year for the convience of shaving a couple hours off those hand full of times where they'll be traveling 300 miles or more a year by car, but you aren't completely writing off a technology (that is constantly improving, btw) over that, right?
I wouldn't want to wait neither if it helps.

So because your impatience won't allow you to wait an extra 55 minutes, electric cars are completely impractical?

I'm sure some people would rather spend the $1000s of dollars a year for the convience of shaving a couple hours off those hand full of times where they'll be traveling 300 miles or more a year by car, but you aren't completely writing off a technology (that is constantly improving, btw) over that, right?

I understand the technology is improving. But let's put it this way. Look at how backed up gas stations can get currently, now think of that for electrical cars, but instead of just filling the tank up you are there waiting on cars to charge. With the number of vehicles on the road, you would be waiting there all damn day. The technology has a long ways to go before it is truly a viable option.

I guess you weren't driving in the so cal area in 2008 around the start of summer gas was $5.00 + I know gas is seasonal and the prices go up because everyone will be traveling during the summer but these prices are pretty ridiculous
tbh i havent even been paying attention to gas prices since theres pretty much nothing i can do about it, and ever since it got ridiculous were prices were damn near reaching 6$ in ca ( actually i think it was higher for 91 at one point)

if im paying under 5 i aint tripping

Last edited:

...but waiting an hour at a charge station IS impractical.

You cant be doing that everytime you need a go. 
eyes.gif

It's crazy how my opinions of public transit have changed. When I was yiubfer I was dying to drive and wouldn't take it for anything, but now? I'm glad that I have the option. I take a Van pool to work and spend less than a third of what I was spending on gas. If I just went to the van drop off and back every day I could make my full tank last more than a month.

:lol: I hated taking the bus when I was younger. Now I see the value in it. My university subsidizes half of the cost for a semester long bus pass, making riding the bus a deal my wallet wouldn't let me refuse. I park my car at the bus stop by my house and proceed.to ride

I wouldn't want to wait neither if it helps.

Its not about helping or not helping his point or mine. Its about critically thinking about the pros and cons of all the available options, assessing your needs in a honest and responsible manner (while hopefully considering the impact your choice has on the planet/others,) and making a decision. If you acknowledge the good AND the bad about each, and decide that spending more for the convenience in spite of the damage is in your best interests, I can't really be mad.

While it will eventually affect all of us, I've grown to realize that humanity (as a whole) is unable to disregard short term benefit for the long term gain.

I understand the technology is improving. But let's put it this way. Look at how backed up gas stations can get currently, now think of that for electrical cars, but instead of just filling the tank up you are there waiting on cars to charge. With the number of vehicles on the road, you would be waiting there all damn day. The technology has a long ways to go before it is truly a viable option.

That is very, very poor logic. People can charge their cars at home -- you can't pump gas at your house. Is it that unreasonable to fathom that most people would simply charge their cars at home? Sure, maybe people forget to and have to stop occasionally, but I think most people, with a range of 300mi, would be able to preemptively plan for charging.

Unless someone is homeless, without electricity, or traveling a far distance, they would never actually have to go to a charging station. The only time that a person may be forced to wait to charge their car is while traveling away from home, probably on a highway. Ever seen a gas station in the middle of nowhere on the interstate PACKED to the point people had to wait? Me neither.

...but waiting an hour at a charge station IS impractical.

You cant be doing that everytime you need a go. :rolleyes

See above.

Last edited:
GF is in the market for a car, pushing her to get a Prius. My FJ is a gas guzzler, so damn right we'll be driving the Prius on weekends :lol:

I get about 320-350 miles out of my tank in my F-150

lifted, with oversized tires

It's good for me...But I'm saving up for my F-250 in the near future 8)

Last edited:
yep...it's pretty bad in the city though

I drive to San jose to LA a lot, I just put it on cruise control and not go over 72MPH

It keeps it under 2,000 RPM

I get about 320-350 miles out of my tank in my F-150

lifted, with oversized tires

It's good for me...But I'm saving up for my F-250 in the near future 8)

Dang that's pretty good. What year is it? Just curious.

How would my electric bill look if I charge my car at home? I'm about to cop a Tesla

cheap. A full charge for an electric car only uses about a dollar or less worth of electricity.

so that's a ~$1 or so to drive 250-300 miles....

If you're driving your Tesla from let's say DC to NYC...500 miles (give or take) round trip. You charge your car at your crib in DC....but what happens when you're in NYC or on the highway? Where are the charging stations that aren't in your home?

*Aesthetically, it's a gorgeous car.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom