Gas Price Hike

Crazy how we crept back up to 4 bucks with the barely any resistance. They hit us with the okie doke, made us get okay with the idea of $3 plus.

There are charging stations across nearly all major highways in the US.

Here's what's open now.

Here's what Tesla is planning to open by the end of 2014.

:smile:

Ahhh...that's what's up.

Tesla about to change the game if they lower the price of their cars and if they add more charging stations within the next 5 years or so.

Dang that's pretty good. What year is it? Just curious.

2005 with a 26 gallon tank i believe

Back in 2008 when i bought it, the guy sent me an email telling me he forgot to include the chip. Me being an 18 year old, and knew nothing about these chips, i just ignored the email

If only I had that chip my gas mileage would have been better+have more power :smh:
:lol:

jay got 99 problems an gas hike aint one

fake or an advertisement

Confirmed.

With a net worth of over $500 million and a combined wealth of over $900 million with his wife Beyonce, Jay Z can pretty much afford anything on the face of the earth whether that be all 375 McLaren P1s or countless private islands.

Despite his wealth, the New York born rapper doesn’t have a car collection all that impressive. Sure, many of his cars may be unknown to the public, but he is rarely seen in public in cars other than Range Rovers or Maybachs.

Now it appears as though Carter has picked up a new ride in the form of a blacked out Tesla Model S. The following photo was uploaded by Beyonce to her personal Tumblr account.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/04/28/jay-z-picks-up-black-tesla-model-s/

:pimp: @ Jay having the same car as me

You have a problem? I've heard stories that you have to go to charging stations or something, clearly I'm unaware that's why I'm asking. If you don't have the answer get off my back.

You can charge at home or like mentioned there's Charpoint stations which some are free and also Tesla Supercharging stations which are free.

If you're going from DC to NYC you'd get the max miles depending on if the roads are flat and no hills and you are going at 55 mph. If you drive faster and if there are a lot of uphills you get less range.

I only pay about $50 in electric for a month for charging my Tesla.

:pimp: @ Jay having the same car as me

You can charge at home or like mentioned there's Charpoint stations which some are free and also Tesla Supercharging stations which are free.

If you're going from DC to NYC you'd get the max miles depending on if the roads are flat and no hills and you are going at 55 mph. If you drive faster and if there are a lot of uphills you get less range.

I only pay about $50 in electric for a month for charging my Tesla.

Thanks

Say for example I'm driving 70 MPH from NYC to DC would I get there on one charge or have to stop in between? What about charging your phone in your car or using the electricity for other things, etc

Thanks

Say for example I'm driving 70 MPH from NYC to DC would I get there on one charge or have to stop in between? What about charging your phone in your car or using the electricity for other things, etc

You'd have to determine a route where you can stop by a supercharger. All it'll take is about 30-45 minutes and it'll charge your car from almost empty to about 90%. It won't cost you a thing and it'll give you time to grab something to eat since they place them around restaurants or fast food places.

You can charge your phone but once you reach like 10 miles or so left it probably won't let you charge it anymore and it'll go into a power saving mode.

There's also battery swapping stations planned for the future which Tesla demoed. It'll take about 90 seconds but a machine can replace your battery with a fully charged battery for about the same price as gas.

Thanks

You'd have to determine a route where you can stop by a supercharger. All it'll take is about 30-45 minutes and it'll charge your car from almost empty to about 90%. It won't cost you a thing and it'll give you time to grab something to eat since they place them around restaurants or fast food places.

You can charge your phone but once you reach like 10 miles or so left it probably won't let you charge it anymore and it'll go into a power saving mode.

There's also battery swapping stations planned for the future which Tesla demoed. It'll take about 90 seconds but a machine can replace your battery with a fully charged battery for about the same price as gas.

damn, that's cool as hell.

Can't wait for the future.

I'll still have a gas guzzling car or three in my fleet though.

Is it just me or isn't 87. Usually the low octane rating in California? Didn't want to make a new thread bout gas price and etc

Last edited:
It's comsid
Is it just me or isn't 87. Usually the low octane rating in California? Didn't want to make a new thread bout gas price and etc

Yup 87 is low octane.
e. It's considered mid grade here in da Midwest... Hmm no wonder gas prices seem to be a little cheaper

really? I thought if anything 89 would be the lowgrade because of how Cali's emissions suck.

It's comsid

Yup 87 is low octane.
e. It's considered mid grade here in da Midwest... Hmm no wonder gas prices seem to be a little cheaper

really? I thought if anything 89 would be the lowgrade because of how Cali's emissions suck.
Gas is still refined in the state r something like that in believe?

I'm not sure if anyone is paying attention to Iraq right now, but our gas prices are about to go through the roof. We will probably be looking at $6 a gallon in Los Angeles if they don't nip this in the bud. :smh:

I'm not sure if anyone is paying attention to Iraq right now, but our gas prices are about to go through the roof. We will probably be looking at $6 a gallon in Los Angeles if they don't nip this in the bud. :smh:

speculation or you gotta link?

I might have to trade in the V8 and cop da Prius

i envy anyone who owns a honda ruckus right about now
[table][tr][th="row"]Wheelbase[/th][td]49.8 inches[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Seat Height[/th][td]28.9 inches[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Curb Weight[/th][td]194 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Fuel Capacity[/th][td]1.3 gallons[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Miles Per Gallon[/th][td]114 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
speculation or you gotta link?

By STANLEY REED
June 13, 2014
LONDON — The oil markets are likely to remain on edge, as escalating tensions in Iraq prompt concerns over supplies in the major oil-producing country.

Although a sharp spike in prices looks unlikely at this point, the fighting in Iraq and turmoil in other major oil producers are expected to keep prices relatively high, a situation that could put pressure on gasoline prices during the summer driving season.

“I think the upward movement is justified even though the direct threat to Iraqi supply is low,” said Richard Mallinson, an analyst at Energy Aspects, a London research firm.

So far, the fighting has largely been isolated to cities in the north, including Mosul and Tikrit, where the fighters of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria have taken control. Iraq’s main oil fields and export facilities are clustered around the city of Basra in the south.

But traders are worried that the action could spread, threatening supplies. Iraq is the second largest oil producer in OPEC, representing the largest source of growth among the 12 member countries.

Of perhaps greater concern is that the growing instability in Iraq and the unrest in other big petroleum-producing countries could alter the geopolitical dynamics that have kept oil prices remarkably stable although relatively high for the last three years. The Russian annexation in Crimea and the chaos in Libya “point to a systemic and seismic shift geopolitically,” Edward L. Morse, head of commodities research at Citigroup, wrote in a note to clients on Friday.

Amid the uncertainty, oil prices have been rising modestly in recent days. On Friday, Brent crude, the international benchmark, rose about 0.25 percent to $113.32. West Texas Intermediate, the standard in the United States, was up 0.1 percent to $106.66.

Until recently, market participants have been expecting that the supply from Iraq, which is now producing about 3.3 million barrels a day, would continue to grow, as a result of international oil companies’ investments in the country’s rich but battered oil fields. In a benign world, Iraq could eventually produce about 6 million barrels a day, analysts estimate. If Iraq did attain that level, it would be about 60 percent of the roughly 10 million barrels a day that the leading oil-producing countries, Russia and Saudi Arabia, each produce.

“The longer the insurgency lasts, the more difficult it will be for Iraq to reach its potential,” Mr. Morse wrote. The change in outlook on Iraq “has radical implications for oil markets at a time of growing lost production worldwide due to intensifying disorder in a growing number of petroleum-producing countries,” he added.

Chaos in Libya has reduced oil production there to around 10 percent of the 1.3 million barrels a day the country produced in 2012. Iran’s output has been trimmed by international sanctions. Syria’s civil war has severely diminished the country’s oil production. And the industries of two other key exporters, Nigeria and Venezuela, are facing their own difficulties.

Market jitters may increase during the summer, when travel season increases demand for gasoline and jet fuel. The big Gulf Arab producers — Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirate — are expected to increase oil production to cope with increased demand, but analysts say their buffer of unused, or spare, capacity is likely to be trimmed to about 2 million barrels a day. Reducing that buffer means it could be difficult to compensate for any further problems in oil-producing countries.

In the near term, concerns about Iraq are likely to remain paramount. Even if the Islamic fighters pause and try to consolidate their gains, the fighting has implications for Iraqi production.

For instance, one of Iraq’s major export pipelines runs from Kirkuk in Iraq to Turkey’s Mediterranean port of Ceyhan. This pipeline has been frequently closed by sabotage and other problems for years and has recently been shut for several months. Because it runs through the conflict zone, its reopening now looks delayed for the plannable future.

The British oil company BP had been discussing investing in the giant Kirkuk field, where production has been about 200,000 barrels a day but could be substantially higher given the field’s estimated 1.8 billion barrels of reserves. BP’s plans now seem unlikely to go ahead anytime soon. A BP spokesman, Toby Odone, said that the company was advising North Oil Company, the Iraqi entity that operates the field, but that a decision on whether to move ahead with a major project was probably at least a year off.

Paradoxically, the unrest may help increase exports from the oil-rich northern Iraqi region of Kurdistan. The Kurdish government has recently opened a pipeline directly linking oil fields in the enclave to Turkey, raising the possibility of substantial exports in the range of 400,000 barrels a day of Kurdish oil though Turkey.

Oil sales from Kurdistan have been hampered by the central government in Baghdad’s insistence that Kurdish oil falls under its purview and must be sold through Baghdad’s oil marketing arm, SOMO. Companies like Genel Energy, which is run by the former BP chief executive Tony Hayward, have been limited to trucking their oil out or selling it to local refineries.

But the fighting may increase the bargaining power of the Kurdistan Regional Government, analysts say. Citigroup predicts that now that the Iraqi government of Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki is in trouble and in need of the share of revenue it could gain from Kurdish oil, Baghdad may prove more flexible.
That's one article I just Googled. It's all over the news right now.

So I filled up yesterday at $2.76 for unleaded at arco and I just drove by. Price is now $3.19 :x How are prices going to rise $.43 cents in less than 24 hours :x :x

Back
Top Bottom