Gas Prices

Gasoline retailers make almost no money off the sale of gasoline. It's an incredibly competitive business with very small margins. They make their money instead off Big Gulps and Slim Jims

Yup...pretty sure sodas and cigarettes are their hottest items

Probably because Biden shut down the keystone pipeline which was the most trash form of oil from Canada.

They can use that against him even though that pipeline was pointless and a waste.

They should open up the oil fields again though if they haven’t yet.

C637D295-069F-4F5D-88B3-BF6FF5A851CE.jpeg

This gonna be our car traffic soon SMH… bunch of soulless electric cars

Probably because Biden shut down the keystone pipeline which was the most trash form of oil from Canada.

They can use that against him even though that pipeline was pointless and a waste.

There are thousands of drilling permits that have been issued by this administration and haven't even been used yet.

Biden doesn't do himself any favors though; he knows how people are sensitive to gas prices; he also knows that supply is recovering from the covid shutdowns, and the last thing you want to do is stimulate demand for gas at the time when your supply is not optimal because everybody will pay more. But here he is, telling folks to go back to work instead. Talk about scoring an own goal.

I take the LIRR and subway to work everyday. We haven’t had a fare increase in more than 2 years. Hopping it stays that way, and they don’t use this surge in gas prices as an excuse to indirectly raise fares.

They have 9000 oil permits/leases available but the oil companies don't want to use them. They would rather gouge the crap out of the consumer so they can make record profits.

Paid $4.40 or something for regular earlier. I havent seen regular over $3.80 in YEARS. Even some interstate gas stations that are a bit pricier arent over $4.

Warmer weather leads to more demand. They need to ramp up production or prices will only keep going up

There are thousands of drilling permits that have been issued by this administration and haven't even been used yet.

Biden doesn't do himself any favors though; he knows how people are sensitive to gas prices; he also knows that supply is recovering from the covid shutdowns, and the last thing you want to do is stimulate demand for gas at the time when your supply is not optimal because everybody will pay more. But here he is, telling folks to go back to work instead. Talk about scoring an own goal.
That’s my main beef with him tbh, he never speaks up when he should. I don’t get it, I’d be making that known loud and clear.

That’s my main beef with him tbh, he never speaks up when he should. I don’t get it, I’d be making that known loud and clear.

I'm totally okay with this with Yamaha involved. I mean, they co-developed the V10 and tuned the exhaust for the Lexus LFA. And it's the best, most amazing sounding street legal road car made by a big name manufacturer in the world, EVER!! BAR NONE! NOTHING sounds better than an LFA at full send! It literally sounds like an old F1 car. Next would be a downdraft carbureted Lamborghini Countach.

So if they can develop different sounds for these electric cars, why the heck not! 👍 I mean, EVs aren't going away, they are here for good and will only be more prevalent. Might as well make them sound good.

^I wish every American had a refrigerator magnet that said as much

The oil market is sort of strange. On one hand it's dominated (not nearly as much as it used to be) by the biggest and most lucrative cartel in history, while the part of the market that is left over is extremely cutthroat

^I wish every American had a refrigerator magnet that said as much

The oil market is sort of strange. On one hand it's dominated (not nearly as much as it used to be) by the biggest and most lucrative cartel in history, while the part of the market that is left over is extremely cutthroat
I hate having to explain what is a cartel to people when I have to explain OPEC. Because I usually get the following responses to the word "cartel" depending on the audience...

From most people: Cartel! Oh that's who brings the drugs into America
From Conservatives: Cartel! That who every refugee crossing the southern border workers for
From Jamacians: Cartel! ...."Free Vybz!!!!"

Last edited:
Just like there's systematic racism, there's systematic inflation ....

It's not a coincidence that gas prices are going up as all the major employers are recalling all their employees.

If we all thought that minimum wage was going to $15 dollars and these companies and 1%ers were going to suck it up ... you was wrong.

Gas prices go up > cost of deliveries go up > daily needs go up > maintain the prices up > people suck it up > gas prices stabilize > prices remain up > inflation achived. So yes yiu getting $15 but everything else is more expensive which in reality makes your 15 more like 8/9 (maybe exaggerated) but yeah.

I'm totally okay with this with Yamaha involved. I mean, they co-developed the V10 and tuned the exhaust for the Lexus LFA. And it's the best, most amazing sounding street legal road car made by a big name manufacturer in the world, EVER!! BAR NONE! NOTHING sounds better than an LFA at full send! It literally sounds like an old F1 car. Next would be a downdraft carbureted Lamborghini Countach.

So if they can develop different sounds for these electric cars, why the heck not! 👍 I mean, EVs aren't going away, they are here for good and will only be more prevalent. Might as well make them sound good.
Dude if you could choose your sound sign me up hahahah, I’m picking the jetsons sound one day and da hemi the next day. :lol:

Yamaha doesn’t f around man, anything they touch is good. You weren’t joking about the LFA sound.

The cp2 motor they put in a lot of their bikes sounds amazing too and it’s bulletproof.

They also did the 2jz.

Back
Top Bottom