gay marriage bill passed in ny .... wonderful

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

You have an incredible ability to pinpoint a segment of someone's argument in order to distort it and stretch it as the whole.
But, I'll play along. Harlem Renaissance did not mean that you lived in Harlem, wise guy.

I never said, that times were not harsh in the past. I am the type of person who operates better in the heart of struggle and I'd rather be a proponent of change rather than a benefactor. The 1920s was a dynamic time for change and even more progress could not have been progressed. Furthermore, someone else stated that present day is a time of equality, since we're no no longer in 1920. I was debating that we're not living in a time of equality, just as they were not in the 1920s. The 1920s were more tolerant than the 1930s by many accounts (think Great Depression), just as a distant future will be much more accepting than we are today.

Finally, it sucks reading much of what you post, because you are knowledgeable about a variety of topics, but you fail to share/spread much of it, because you'd rather insult others for the sake of masquerading as the winner in an argument and increasing your e-fame.
tired.gif

Look did I miss anything from your post....you tried to act like a black person being reluctant to live in the 1920s isn't a sentiment shared by many. There are always going to be struggles for equality, as long as greedy men exist on this planet. But let's not downplay the progress that has been made since the 1800s and early 1900s. That is all. And don't act like there ur post didn't have a condescending tone as well. If you love the 1920s more power to you, but don't act like you don't understand why a black man wouldn't be quick to hop in a time machine and travel to the 20s.....wise guy

If you remember, I was responding to the fact that YOU labeled me white for being open to living in the 1920s (which wasn't even what me and dude were discussing). And yes, I’d accept an offer to travel via time machine. I’d go tothe distance past and the future. But, since that is not possible, I willcontinue to rely on books. So sue me, for being open and appreciative of notonly different people, but different times and places.
As I am....doesn't mean I wanna live in a different time period permanently. Maybe cause I know too much...shrugs.
ohwell.gif
I'd keep thinking to myself "I think I've seen this before somewhere, it's not going to end well".

Anyhow like I said, many black people/people in general would share the same sentiment, let's not act like I said anything that goes against popular beliefs. I'd like to visit many times during human history but even that is too risky.....too much could go wrong. I'm good.

Essentially, you decided to typecast me on some stereotype #+%. From another eye you're no different than someone who says you must be gay because you support gay marriage. No worries, I don't believe you're the prejudice type or gay...even though you've made it painfully obvious you do not care if anyone misidentifies you as being homosexual. Ignorance doesn't discriminate against the educated. I am guilty of it myself. But, I took exception, because you made a blind assumption about my race on something frivolous and the minuteness of an argument I was making with someone else about a topic that you didn't take the time to grasp.

Essentially, you decided to typecast me on some stereotype #+%. From another eye you're no different than someone who says you must be gay because you support gay marriage. No worries, I don't believe you're the prejudice type or gay...even though you've made it painfully obvious you do not care if anyone misidentifies you as being homosexual. Ignorance doesn't discriminate against the educated. I am guilty of it myself. But, I took exception, because you made a blind assumption about my race on something frivolous and the minuteness of an argument I was making with someone else about a topic that you didn't take the time to grasp.

lol im prejudiced for thinking a lot of black people wouldn't wanna live in the past?
laugh.gif
....aite buddy whatever you say.

lol im prejudiced for thinking a lot of black people wouldn't wanna live in the past?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
"I, for one, would love to live in Germany circa 1940" - Ari Steinowitzmanberg

laugh.gif
"I, for one, would love to live in Germany circa 1940" - Ari Steinowitzmanberg

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

shut up. the nail in the coffin is straight couples getting married for the sake of getting married and divorcing within 6 months.

also, try posting an article that isn't one sided. a Reverend?
roll.gif

Ok...
http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/gays-against-adam-and-steve/

http://stuartschneiderman.blogspot.com/2011/02/gays-against-gay-marriage.html

http://nogaymarriage.wordpress.com/

...don't be lazy - read them.

shut up. the nail in the coffin is straight couples getting married for the sake of getting married and divorcing within 6 months.

roll.gif

Ok...

SO now that gay marriage is allowed, why aren't cousins/siblings allowed to marry? or why is polygamy illegal? If it is between consenting adults with no harm to anyone, then why deny them? In the latter cases, there is a law specifically preventing marriage. Talk about inequality and second class status...

SO now that gay marriage is allowed, why aren't cousins/siblings allowed to marry? or why is polygamy illegal? If it is between consenting adults with no harm to anyone, then why deny them? In the latter cases, there is a law specifically preventing marriage. Talk about inequality and second class status...

Originally Posted by ilpadrino9

I've been wondering what the argument would be. If homosexuals are permitted equal rights, then shouldn't incest and polygamy be permissible and legalized?

I've been wondering what the argument would be. If homosexuals are permitted equal rights, then shouldn't incest and polygamy be permissible and legalized?

tell me a group of people up in arms/actively pursuing the opportunity to wed their cousins/siblings or pushing for polygamy. I don't see any reason why that should be denied either but i don't see anyone fighting for their right to do so

tell me a group of people up in arms/actively pursuing the opportunity to wed their cousins/siblings or pushing for polygamy. I don't see any reason why that should be denied either but i don't see anyone fighting for their right to do so

Due to extreme volatility, we are advising our clients to divest themselves of any stock placed in Ninjahood, who is currently at risk of being delisted by the NTSE.  
102jnli.gif

Best,

Billy Ray Valentine (Capricorn)

Duke and Duke Commodities

Due to extreme volatility, we are advising our clients to divest themselves of any stock placed in Ninjahood, who is currently at risk of being delisted by the NTSE.  
102jnli.gif

Best,

Billy Ray Valentine (Capricorn)

Duke and Duke Commodities

oh no
roll.gif
roll.gif

see, the only thing he's ever brought to the table was the ninja turtle thing. everything else is a joke

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

roll.gif

Ok...

so, looks like most are against the word marriage.

didn't see anybody else saying they don't want the same rights as hetero married couples.

what's a word anyway? marriage=civil unions.

the point is that they are given the same right at the end of the day, no?

oh no
roll.gif
roll.gif

see, the only thing he's ever brought to the table was the ninja turtle thing. everything else is a joke

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

roll.gif

Ok...

so, looks like most are against the word marriage.

didn't see anybody else saying they don't want the same rights as hetero married couples.

what's a word anyway? marriage=civil unions.

the point is that they are given the same right at the end of the day, no?

I was in the city today before the Yankee game, and it was crazy. Penn Station was full of people from the parade, everyone with flags and belts, paint of the rainbow...pretty crazy sight to see

I was in the city today before the Yankee game, and it was crazy. Penn Station was full of people from the parade, everyone with flags and belts, paint of the rainbow...pretty crazy sight to see

Back
Top Bottom