GEARS OF WAR 3, release: Sep 20, 2011, BETA: Apr 18 (Bulletstorm Epic), Apr 25 - May 15 (ever. else)

Played it for a couple hours. Not too bad for a beta. The downing system/heart pump thing is slow as balls so you are pretty much guarenteed to die/get curbstomped unless you have someone near you to revive. The 2 maps so far are not that fun, the arena is more fun because it's open but that is about it. Seems like too much cover. My team had a guy down to the very last life we were up 4 on him and he kept tuck/rolling around the damn map for 15 minutes. Seems cheesy if you ask me. had there been less cover it would not have taken as long to murk him and get the next set going.

weapons are pretty ok. haven't gotten the melee system down yet because as mentioned above, the sawed off/camping is everywhere with all the cover. I like the fact you gain stuff for beta testing though like the medals and such, and every week for a month it's new stuff. the level progression seems slow too(granted I have played 2 hrs worth and keep getting cheesed to death) but I think it could use a boost.

Great graphics for the demo though, looks great, similar controls to the other Gears. looking forward to messing with it more after my semester is over.

sort of mad im not playing the beta early
frown.gif

id want in the beta...probably preorder i guess...im playing gears 2 story now

someone add me to play online i got both gears and all maps for gears 2

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

guys there's a way to download the beta files onto a usb drive then having it play on your xbox. Im not 100% on it maybe you can get banned? someone shed some light
Was on Gears of war board's, if I remember correctly, you screen name might not be banned but you might be banned from Gears of war 3 online multi-player. 

new update:
there are 4 maps that i played yesterday but for some reason i thought there was only 2. 2 guys were bragging about illegally having the beta so im assuming its the files on usb thing. i didnt ask cause it didnt matter. i actually really liked the map where it seemed like we were in a village. hated the one with the sand storms.
i dont think this beta has dedicated servers. i played a game and was wondering why it was so hard to kill someone while standing right next to them then the host quit and i got the message in summary "the host has quit. migrating the game to a new host."

the retro lancer and sawed off shotty dominate right now.
retro lancer is the most powerful main gun out of the 3. the lack of accuracy doesnt really matter when you are in medium range and the 2 other guns really dont hurt enuff to deal any real damage from a distance since there is a ton of cover.
the sawed off shotty has such a wide shot that an enemy just needs to get close and your dead. i tried the gnasher yesterday and was getting mopped up in gnasher vs sawed off shotty battles. Your better off taking on the sawed off with the retro lancer since it hurts so much and the range of the sawed off is so limited. The retro lancer also has a cheap melee where dudes just charge straight through your shots sometimes and spear you with it.

fun game tho. definitely having a good time playing it.

Dedicated servers have not been put in to use yet. Right now its still running off of whoever is host's connection. The servers will be up for the actual game in September

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Dedicated servers have not been put in to use yet. Right now its still running off of whoever is host's connection. The servers will be up for the actual game in September
figured that but im surprised they didnt try considering that they've been testing out dedicated servers on gears 2 in recent months and they could get valuable information from its use.
i mean it was only 29K users on last nite so there shouldnt have been a strain on the system.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Whenever you're in a party, and the host quits..it splits your team up also. Had to back out and regroup with my squad like 5 times yesterday. 

Originally Posted by OneForceAir

bonafide125 wrote:

Whenever you're in a party, and the host quits..it splits your team up also. Had to back out and regroup with my squad like 5 times yesterday. 

Yeah this needs to patched asap

Just got the Beta. Played a couple of matches and I can already tell ima hate the sawed off. That or figure out how to beat it first. Im playing right now tho. GT is Creekshow5 hit me up im down to play

Just a reminder, you can unlock things for the retail release of the game by achieving the following in the beta:
Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he

Been Patiently Waiting For This Game... Probably Will Pre-Order...  Never Was Crazy For Gears Multiplayer But The Story Mode Is
pimp.gif

i got trolled downloaded the demo clicked play the %*$( started up and everything then said "leave at least 2GB of free storage" im just all 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

played a few games this morning before i went and got lunch, gears is still amazingly frustrating, but then again, i never really was good at gears

Back
Top Bottom