GEARS OF WAR 3, release: Sep 20, 2011, BETA: Apr 18 (Bulletstorm Epic), Apr 25 - May 15 (ever. else)

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

How do I actually get in the beta, I have the code but I dont see a download anywhere on the dashboard.

Click your home button on your remote, then move left, you should see redeem code

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

How do I actually get in the beta, I have the code but I dont see a download anywhere on the dashboard.

Click your home button on your remote, then move left, you should see redeem code
Wow, I should've known 
laugh.gif
. Thanks man.

Wow, I should've known 
laugh.gif
. Thanks man.

no problem had to google it myself when I first got the code to figure out how 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by BK201

How do you get in the beta?
Pre order gears 3 from Game Stop, also there was a way to do it on the dashboard also
i dont see no way to do it from dashboard...
nerd.gif
Damn was wrong, my fault, only way is to pre order Gears 3 from Game Stop. Always seen it on the dash board so figure you could attain it from there also. Digger is the best gun in the game imo; sawed off shot gun is crazy.  

So the sawd off shotty is a pain in the %$#. Retro lancer is an automatic shotgun from mid range.

Other than that game is fun but you gotta have a full party.

^word. A talking squad who travel in packs can dominate. Going solo will just get you killed.

From what I played so far from the beta
3>1>2. 
Stabbing someone with the retro lancer is the best.  I start screaming "iiiittsssss tiiiimmmee!!" like bruce buffer running with that thing

Anyone down to get a party going together? Just picked up the beta and I wanna unlock all the characters/skins/etc.

GT = hi im xtian

been putting in the wrench time (yes, waiting for Fast 5
laugh.gif
) and it definitetly feels more like gears 1.
been mopping people up with the retro lancer. it pretty much wins all close battles as long as you dont get hit directly too many times (gnasher & sawed off).

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Retro lancer is an automatic shotgun from mid range.

It's definitely powerful, but this description is deceptive. You can fire twice with the gnasher before the retro downs you, so a shotgun will always beat it in close range battles. If you can aim, that is. I constantly win close battles with the retro against the ordinary lancer and hammerburst, but then I run into someone with a gnasher who gets me.

The new mechanics for picking up weapons sucks though. What the hell were they thinking? They were obviously trying to avoid a situation where you would pick up a weapon instead of reviving someone when you actually wanted to revive someone, but this solution fails. It takes way to much time and by the time you grab a weapon, you can get downed or headshotted. Why couldn't they use the left or right analogue stick click to pick up weapons? They serve a major function in Call of Duty, but they don't have a purpose in Gears.

So I can just preorder, get the beta code and cancel the preorder later right?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The new mechanics for picking up weapons sucks though. What the hell were they thinking? They were obviously trying to avoid a situation where you would pick up a weapon instead of reviving someone when you actually wanted to revive someone, but this solution fails.
i hate it too. i think they did it because they could never fix that slide pick up glitch from the first two gears

Back
Top Bottom