Gentry dishes some info on what's to come for jb in the future after 2008!!!

MortalMonkey wrote:
There's also a commemoratives pair in honor of Michael's extramarital affair achievement.

Well we know they won't be in a STEALTH colorway!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Jan. 8th.

That picture was taken in the 1992 Playoffs, the ONLY time MJ wore those shoes. If Jan 8th, 1993 is the date he scored his 20K point, then he wasn'twearing the black/red VII's. He was most likely wearing the Cardinal VII's since it was before the All Star Break. Possibly the white/red VIII'sbut I doubt it since he would normally wear the next game shoe after the All Star Game.

Gentry's comment about "creating the chase" really bothers me. Because to me that means they're going to continue on the path of making superhyped, limited shoes that only appeal to hype beasts and resellers. NOT the so called loyal fan who he thinks they're for.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

That picture was taken in the 1992 Playoffs, the ONLY time MJ wore those shoes. If Jan 8th, 1993 is the date he scored his 20K point, then he wasn't wearing the black/red VII's. He was most likely wearing the Cardinal VII's since it was before the All Star Break. Possibly the white/red VIII's but I doubt it since he would normally wear the next game shoe after the All Star Game.
ahhhh. You figure on a milestone like that, they would have a pic of the actual game. Someone at Upper Deck was lazy that day.

that whole creating a chase is whack i really would like to of gotten my hands on the 23s with no problems. also did anyone notice the carmine 6s on the floor,and i still cant stop laughing about a jordan skateshoe those are going to be interesting.... to say the least

Gentry Humphrey should honestly check out these forums more often because obviously the man is either not aware or simply too stubborn to understand the natureand opinions of the true Jordan consumers.

He comments on how he wants to create a "chase" like each and every Jordan enthusiast is jumping for joy at that. Mainly his target audience seems tobe the hypebeasts and resellers like ijapino mentioned.

Each and every year people get older, some grow up, others don't...I'm 26 years old and have been wearing Jordans since 1992. As much as I love theJordan line I'm not going to prioritize my life around the teeny bopper inspired "chase" for too much longer...Very much looks like this will bemy final year in this "chase" game because apparently the "chase" is more important than the value and business of it's trueestablished consumers.
smh.gif

DID ANYONE SEE THE OLYMPIC 7s THAT WERE PASSED AROUND? FAST FORWARD TO 5:12 OF THE YOUTUBE VIDEO

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Gentry Humphrey should honestly check out these forums more often because obviously the man is either not aware or simply too stubborn to understand the nature and opinions of the true Jordan consumers.

He comments on how he wants to create a "chase" like each and every Jordan enthusiast is jumping for joy at that. Mainly his target audience seems to be the hypebeasts and resellers like ijapino mentioned.

Each and every year people get older, some grow up, others don't...I'm 26 years old and have been wearing Jordans since 1992. As much as I love the Jordan line I'm not going to prioritize my life around the teeny bopper inspired "chase" for too much longer...Very much looks like this will be my final year in this "chase" game because apparently the "chase" is more important than the value and business of it's true established consumers.
smh.gif
^^ DOESNT get any better than that. The REALEST TALK ever. Ive been saying it since the Thunder and Lightening pack cameout. They planned way ahead of time to AT LEAST release those to Urban Accounts from what the reps told me. But HypeBeast at it up and they decided to screwthe true collectors on that. The release of the Titanuims were the finalization and the slap in the face the sneaker community got from JB to let us all knowthe JORDAN ship has SUNK... Ohh the irony of the people on here who actually get to talk to the man but "CANT" or should I say "WONT"explain the whole madness to both sides????? SMH

At the end of the day, MJ signs off on these ideas....

And yeah, MJ hit 20,000 pts rockin' the Cardinal VII's against the Bucks.

Gentry's comment about "creating the chase" really bothers me. Because to me that means they're going to continue on the path of making super hyped, limited shoes that only appeal to hype beasts and resellers. NOT the so called loyal fan who he thinks they're for.

Exactly my thoughts. I know this is what he was up to since I heard the first info on the 23 release, and they got exactly what they wanted
mad.gif

Gentry's comment about "creating the chase" really bothers me. Because to me that means they're going to continue on the path of making super hyped, limited shoes that only appeal to hype beasts and resellers. NOT the so called loyal fan who he thinks they're for.

same here...i thought the interview was all good news til he mentioned that...its easy for him to say it's fun when hes not the one who has to line upand compete with the beasts to obtain a pair of jordans...

took the words right outa my mouth...dude is a str8 up hypocrite and that interview just proved it
gentry is a prick

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

There's also a commemoratives pair in honor of Michael's extramarital affair achievement.

HA!
Don't forget the Toe Jam Commemoration Pack which includes the six shoes that made Mike's feet smell their worst, of course at twice theprice and half the quality.

precisely my first thoughts also.

i can see part of the 5 minute dvd included with the 50th anniversary JB sneaker having a segment where Michael or Gentry comment at how proud they are uponhearing that sneakerheads have started selling their mother's stolen property to afford their product.

I have mixed feelings about this sprinkling effect. Gentry needs to do a better job understanding the jordan collector outside of JB, from low baller status tothe O.G.s and see what they think of his opinions. I could prolly do a better job myself, but he gets a C for effort from me, thats just me

yo the man Gentry talk too foolish. The "chase" is juss a foolish move to keep the jordan hype alive. Cause of that foolish move I couldn't getthe blue xx3's due to it being limited. if I want a pair now I gotta pull out 1500-1600 bucks out of my pocket n the shoe juss came out 2 months ago?. Foolish. Man my first pair was the black V's back in grade six 1990. n every other pair after that was cause I was a die hard fan of Jordan/ basketballplayer. the 23's was a special shoe for me cause the #23. But I'm juss mad cause I never got the blue ones. The packs got alot of wack colors inthere also. where the charcoal 9's at? Forreal Gentry juss caters to the "hypebeasts" n "resellers" which is juss foolish.

Back
Top Bottom