GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

Come on man. ITs a really good movie. But oscar? We cant just be giving ppl awards cause its a black movie.

Nobody was given an award.

The movie is great.

Perhaps you have different idea or standards for what is an Oscar worthy movie. I suggest you take a look of the past 15 years of movies nominated and what won best picture to get a clue.

Come on man. ITs a really good movie. But oscar? We cant just be giving ppl awards cause its a black movie.
Dumbest statement i've read all day. This ain't the NAACP image or BET awards. These are the academy awards. So "we" are not giving out awards just because it's a black movie as you put it. Secondly what fits your criteria in which a movie is oscar worthy? Daniel Kaula's acting alone was superb and more than deserving of a best actor nomination. Jordan Peele knocked this movie out of the park all around. Glad he got a best directing nomination as well as best picture nomination. I highly doubt you've seen any of the other movies nominated for best picture, so what are you basing your insane statement on?

Meeting-the-parents.gif

Yo I felt the ".......HA!" in this scene in my soul

Wtheck since when did receiving a Oscar nomination become a black movie thing? I know Hollywood is a bit more liberal nowadays as it should tho right? So just leave it as a really good movie and it won’t be as puzzling for you ahaha.

I have to agree....best original screenplay maybe... But I didn't think Moonlight deserved it either so....

Exactly. Its just not Oscar level quality. Yall tell me you watched the movie and said "damn daniel kaluuya needs a oscar for this movie!"

Serious question.

Should last years hashtag OscarsSoWhite have been OscarsNotBlackEnough?

Why you keep harping on the actor nod like it's the only one? It definitely deserves the nomination in the best original/best film categories.

Back
Top Bottom