GET OUT -- New horror film about black man meeting white gf's parents. Looks creepy.

Underlying themes is what made this movie gold. It was entertaining from start to finish. I think I had more fun reading about some of the Easter Eggs I missed when the movie finished. Some of them were so subtle, but yet so brilliant at the same time.

that dude shouldnt be allowed on RT. he literally trolls RT just to hurt scores. they posted up his past reviews...

C5yoMloU8AAmuRj.jpg:large

look... he hated toy story 3? (TF) and the weirdest... is he hated I Am Not Your Negro. Yet referred back to it in his trashing of Get Out saying get out failed to meet that standard. dude is a flat out troll. But praises all the worst movies on RT

This man is garbage!
Really???

You know how 'they' do.

We know what it is. We know the impact it had.

Golden Globes can eat a ****.

https://www.avclub.com/jordan-peele-on-get-out-and-the-golden-globes-we-dont-1820511430

“I’ve had many black people come up to me and say, ‘man, this is the movie we’ve been talking about for a while and you did it,’” he says. “That’s a very powerful thing. For that to be put in a smaller box than it deserves is where the controversy comes from.” He adds, “Call it what you want, but the movie is an expression of my truth, my experience, the experiences of a lot of black people, and minorities ... The major point to identify here is that we don’t want our truth trivialized. The label of comedy is often a trivial thing. The real question is, what are you laughing at? Are you laughing at the horror, the suffering? Are you disregarding what’s real about this project? That’s why I said, yeah — it’s a documentary.”

Finally saw the film last week.

They better get my mans Andre back from the Sunken place.

Yeah, I know that happens a lot. Sometimes they go for a less competitive category to ensure a victory.

The problem is with Universal submitting it as a comedy without consulting Peele. I take back the shade to the Globes, but whether they meant it that way or not, people really have to consider how things look when you categorize this movie as solely a comedy.

I liked it the first time around. Even better on the second watch. :nthat:

Only time I could see it being perceived as even remotely comedic was when Lil Rey was on screen.

As the race-fueled carnage unfolds, it all leads up to a jarring — almost unbelievable — moment where Williams sits serenely in her childhood bedroom, headphones on, jamming out to the theme from “Dirty Dancing.” Munching on dry Froot Loops, she coolly quenches her thirst by sipping a tall glass of milk through a straw.

It’s one of the most sinister sips in movie history, up there with Hannibal Lecter’s Chianti slurp, set to the ’80s anthem “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.” An instant visual encapsulation of “Get Out’s” evil.

That scene was OD creepy :lol:

The only regret I have is not seeing this in the theatres!

I bet the crowd reactions were wild!

I remember all the minorities in the crowd having audible reactions to the low key racist things the white people in the movie were saying. I kept sneaking looks towards the white girls near me, and they just looked confused and/or offended :lol: Made sure to keep a safe distance from them while leaving the theater and walking out at night.

Back
Top Bottom